A new fan's view of the show+questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new fan's view of the show+questions

About 3 days ago I decided to watch Farscape and so far I've watched 7 episodes. At first I hated it and I thought it was stupid with all those puppets and the stupid looking aliens (my first impression that has changed). Right now my favorite character is a puppet. It's Rygel. He's so funny. And my second favorite one is the hot alien, Sun. I started to like the show but not as much as I wanted to. It's still not good enough. Waiting for something better to happen to change my opinion.

I thought I would find a thread to discuss Farscape episodes here just like I do with sanctuary and Stargate, but I didn't. I was so disappointed. That's why I started this thread to give my opinion and ask for any questions while watching the show.

-Comments:
    1-"Premiere": Wasn't that good. If I hadn't made it through that episode (and I was really going to stop it), I would have missed a good show.
    2-"I, E.T.": It was awesome, but the inhabitants of the planet could have looked better. They looked funny with those ears.
    3-"Exodus from Genesis": was ok and that's when I started caring for Aeryn Sun. I started to like that character coz of this episode.
    4-"Throne for a loss": Funny. Really funny. That's when I first liked Rygel. He's so funny. And we got to see a new side of Zhaan. If u know what I mean. But I wasn't that much, but seriously her character is so kind.
    5-"Back and Back and Back to the future": One of my favorites even though that alien looked terrible. Don't know what D'Argo sees in her. Like anything that is time or singularity related.
    6-"Thank God It's Friday, again": My second favorite so far. I liked the idea and with Rygel's funny moments. Glad we know more about the pilot now.

-Questions:
    1-Why do they trust Sun? And why does she stay with them? She could run elsewhere. She hates them. What makes her so loyal to them? And How do they make sure she won't betray them in exchange for her old life?
    2- Why doesn't Pilot ever leave the room he's in? And does he have a name? Why don't we know about he came to be on Moya and become a pilot?
    3- What's the cause for that hyper-rage that D'Argo experienced in "Thank God it's Friday, Again"?
    4- Why was Sun the only one that suffered heat delirium during the genesis of the bugs in "Exodus from Genesis"?
    5-Why doesn't Moya have eyes? And why doesn't she talk?

Glad I started watching it even though I don't like the theme song with all those voices at the end of the theme song, but I like how he tells his story.
    Right now I'm halfway through episode 7.

Thanks in advance for anyone who'll answe my questions.

It gets better trust me. Season 1 is very hit and miss. Season 2 picks up alot and that is when you truly get into the story with Crichton. That's also when a Chracter by the name of Scorpius takes a major role. Quite possibly one of the finest sci-fi villains ever created.

To answer your questions.

1. Currently Areyan really doesn't have anywhere else to go. As seen in the opening episode the Peacekeepers would class her as contaminated. On top of that you also get to learn a few thigns about her back story in later seasons which enlighten you as to why she chose the path she did in a lot of ways.

2. Pilot can't leave his den. Pilot and Moya are essentially linked permanantly. If he was to be removed he would die. Again you get to find out more about Pilot as the series progresses. Most notably a very good episode which shows how he came to be Moya's Pilot.

3.To be honest I haven't seen Thank God it's Friday yet so I can't answer that one.

4. The others wouldn't be affected by Heat Delerium. It is a purely Peacekeeper condition as they have quite a low tolerance for high temperatures. Again you'll discover more as things go on.

5. She's a ship. She has sensors to see and pilot to speak through.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'll answer #3 since P90 answered the other ones. Hyper rage is just a physiological condition that occurs when a Luxian gets angry that causes them to go on a violent rampage.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Thanks, guys.
        2 more questions. What's pilot's real name? And does he always stay awake and never sleep considering he's connected to the ship and can't lie down?

Comment

His name is just Pilot and yes he does sleep right in his den. He is fixed to that position in the ship
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Episode7: PK Tech girl
            -Comments:
            1- Good to know more about my favorite character's story, Rygel. I felt sad for him (I feel stupid for saying that. Feeling sad for a puppet).
            2- I'm starting to suspect that Zhaan isn't a priest. Her actions are so strange.
            3- Finally some unresolved tension between Crichton and Aeryn.
            4- I like that technician. I remembered her right away. She could have been a good addition to the residents of Moya.
            5- The Sheyang puppets looked terrible. I hated them. I felt like I was watching a kid show. They are not as good as Rygel's or Pilot's
            6- Spits fireballs. Come on!!!!
            7- I liked the bonding conversation between Crichton and Aeryn at the end. She has feelings. She actually cares. She just hides it.
            -Questions:
            1- Why are the Sheyangs afraid of Luxans?
            2- What's the use of the bridge if Pilot does everything?
            3- At the end when Crichton asks Aeryn what it would be like for him if one day he finally gets to return home and found his dad, friends and all his family dead. She says she stand corrected. What does she stand corrected for??? This really confused me coz she said many things.

Comment

The Luxians are considered brutal and violent warriors. They know how to fight.

The Bridge is mostly for communication. They don't fly the ship most of the time. Sometimes Pilot can choose manual override if he is compromised.

It was an anology by John to show he understands just what Aeryn's exile means. She thought he didn't understand
              Jelgate is right

Comment

It gets better and better, I'm four episodes into the third season. Won't spoil you but you'll eventually forget the puppets and accept them as complete characters, at least I have.

Rygel mostly annoys me though, but it's the character, not his puppethood.
                sigpic

Comment

@maneth, we shall see. I hope I do forget how annoying they are just like I did for Rygel.
                  I can't believe you find Rygel annoying. He's so funny.
                  Anyway, I'll try to catch up. I tend to watch like 5 or 6 episodes a day.
                  Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  It was an anology by John to show he understands just what Aeryn's exile means. She thought he didn't understand
                  WOW. I never thought the show would have deep meanings like this. I love that in a show. Because of that incident, I'm strating to like Aeryn more and more. I thought the PKs had no feelings.

Comment

Episode 8: That Old Black Magic
                    -Comments:
                    1- Amazing funny moments with Rygel. He's even more funny when he's sick.
                    2- I felt so sad for Zhaan. I didn't know she had a dark side. She helped Crichton, but at what consequence.
                    3- I'm surprised that Zhaan would make that life changing desicion to save Crichton when she had known him for a very very short time.
                    4- There were moments when I suspected the other priest. I thought he might be Maldis's right hand or something. Good actor.
                    5- I noticed how Crichton's wish to get back to Earth makes him vulnerable. It's what got him in this situation in the first place. He should know a better. Why would a stranger help him anyway.
                    6- You gotta love Aeryn's accent. I also like how Aeryn is getting more and more involved with her ship-mates every episode.
                    7- I thought Crais was going good. But how could he kill his seond in command.
                    8- This episode raised more questions. Every episode seems to.

-Questions:
                    1- What does Moya take to fuel herself? Food, or what?
                    2- Are Zhaan's power hers (related to her species) or are they the powers of the priests? I mean I thought they were priest powers but she uses them in dark ways? What's true what's not? And why can't she control them? What changed? Will we find out more about her past in later episodes?
                    3- Does anyone know how they move the puppets in this show? Are they hands or strings or are they connected to mechanical controls? (I know this might not be known by anyone, but I always see Rygel on his floating chair with no place for hands and I see no strings and I was surprised by the movement of the eyelids.)

Comment

1. The same as any organic lifefore,

2.They develop in her species if you mediate and strive for enlightment and that kind of stuff. Priests are just people who follow that path

3. Its a little bit of both. Their is more then just one Rygel puppet for example
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Episode 9: DNA Mad Scientist
                        -Comments:
                        1- I was surprised when I saw what D'Argo, Zhaan and Rygel did to Pilot. These are not the ones we knew in the last 8 episodes. Harm a friend for a personal gain???
                        2- I felt really sad for Pilot. And he just acted like nothing happen and being sarcastic about it.
                        3- I knew that guy was evil. I knew from the beginning.
                        4- I felt sad for Aeryn too. She could never see her family again.
                        5- I can't believe they were acting as children over the crystal.
                        7- I didn't like the part when Kornata injected NamTar with the serum. Was it there ready for her to use it??!!!! It's stupid. So easy. I thought the writers knew better. Same goes for Aeryn's antidote.
                        -Questions:
                        1- When Pilot said he can regenerate, does it mean he'll grow a new arm?
                        2- Is it just me or does NamTar in his real form look like Rygel? A mini Rygel?
                        3- Why didn't Kornata the assistant inject herself with the serum to return to her original form?
                        4- What did Aeryn mean by this 'I've always thought of myself in terms of survival, life and death, keeping the body alive. But what NamTar did to me... It wa-...it was me. Inside. The real me.'?

Aeryn's quotes always confuse me. :s

Comment

1.) If you want to be spoiled, yes, he will regrow his arm in time.
                          2.) I don't think he looked like Rygel.
                          3.) Maybe at some point, she would.
                          4.) In my opinion, this experience gave her the first real chance to see who she really is. As a person, not just a warrior. She was changed so drastically on the outside. All she had left of herself was inside, out of sight.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

NamTar looked like his name, Rat Man. Don't worry, I had that pointed out to me too. I've wondered about how Moya stays alive in space too. Does she use a part of the oxygen in her atmosphere, and what does she eat? I expect she can use solar energy from the stars, but what if she's in interstellar or intergalactic space with no stars near enough?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              I expect she can use solar energy from the stars, but what if she's in interstellar or intergalactic space with no stars near enough?
                              I don't think so. She's not Destiny. I was thinking that maybe Pilot eats and she takes digested food from him. That mean he would eat twice and that would make him fat which he is. That question is killing me. Where can I find the answer???

Comment

Working...
                              X