No announcement yet.

Rewrite the Final Two Episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OP was just talking about the last two episodes, I assume because that is when they found out that the show was canceled and the producers only had 2 episodes to conclude the series. In which case I would suggest the obvious and scrap Vegas in favour of making EatG a 2-parter.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
      My problem with Vegas is that it bared no resemblance to our characters. It was meant to be a Sheppard episode but as usual McKay did all the babbling...and this Sheppard was just nothing like ours - I could never see our Shep ending up as some sad loner who puts other lives before his own... though I do think the writers were trying to turn him into something like this even in our universe... McKay as usual is the most important person in every universe and Sheppard is only good for going on suicide missions or sacrificing himself.... and in this episode his life wasn't even worth saving.. and to top it off the 2nd last episode of the series didn't have Teyla or Ronon, but yet they managed to shove in Keller.. I could go on and on...
      We also didn't get muc in the way of character development. We've gotten a lot from when SG-1 screwed up the timeline, but here? John's a loser and that's it save for superficial details and that's the most we get out of character we've already seen. We got more from the wraith (not Todd).
      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I would probably remove Vegas, and write EatG as a two parter. I know some people consider Vegas as one of the Best SGA episodes (which I understand. I don't like it but I don't say it's bad or rubbish. It's just that CSI aspect of the thing I really dislike), but it shouldn't have been in the finale. If it had been the 10th episode of the season, it would have been okay, though.
        Anyway, EatG'd need some massive expansion in the plot lines, and a different ending because it was a too "easy" manner to destroy the ship. Ah, and in the final scene, Zelenka should have been with the team, because he is an important character and I was so disappointed because of that.

PS: I forgot to say : more Beckett? =D
        PPS: Sorry for my bad English.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Toss out Vegas. Its pointless and do a massive rewrite on EATG
          amen!

i hated the vegas episode, it was pretty pointless. the only part that mattered was the very end, and that could have been the begining of a two parter finale. then i would have extented eatg to make it not seem as rushed, and explain the jump drive (thing) better.
          sigpic

Comment

I woulde have put Vegas earlier in the season (I really loved Vegas), and I would've extended Enemy at the gate.

Comment

They should have just made EaTG a two hour ep or at least an hour and a half; that was without a doubt the WORST series finally I have EVER seen! EVER! But I still watch it every now & then, as I am having Stargate withdraws... Don't get me wrong, I liked part of it but pulling a "wormhole Drive" out of their butts and then there are a few other things that bugged me...

Like the Wraith attacking area 51 and we were out numbered... If that happened in real life EVERY jet in the Air force would be in that fight...

The ship was powered by a ZPM; when those blow up, don't they take out the whole solar system?

And when Sheppard fires drones they don't impact all over the place; they are in a stream (no disrespect intended to Dr. Beckett)...

I'm pretty sure there were some more issues I had with it but it has been a week since I watched it... Like I said, they should have made it a two hour ep and finished it right... But that's just MHO... And I recall reading that when the producers pitched SGU they knew they would have to end SGA so tptb should have let them do it right...

Comment

Originally posted by AdmiralButtHead View Post
                They should have just made EaTG a two hour ep or at least an hour and a half; that was without a doubt the WORST series finally I have EVER seen! EVER! But I still watch it every now & then, as I am having Stargate withdraws... Don't get me wrong, I liked part of it but pulling a "wormhole Drive" out of their butts and then there are a few other things that bugged me...

Like the Wraith attacking area 51 and we were out numbered... If that happened in real life EVERY jet in the Air force would be in that fight...

The ship was powered by a ZPM; when those blow up, don't they take out the whole solar system?

And when Sheppard fires drones they don't impact all over the place; they are in a stream (no disrespect intended to Dr. Beckett)...

I'm pretty sure there were some more issues I had with it but it has been a week since I watched it... Like I said, they should have made it a two hour ep and finished it right... But that's just MHO... And I recall reading that when the producers pitched SGU they knew they would have to end SGA so tptb should have let them do it right...
                The ZPM didn't blow up
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

More screen time for the wraith in Vegas, and more screen time for the newer improved hive ship in Enemy At the Gate.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would have gotten rid of Brainstorm or Identity, put Vegas earlier and then had EaTG as a two parter season (not series) finale.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X