Rewrite the Final Two Episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewrite the Final Two Episodes

If you could rewrite the final two episodes, "Vegas" and "Enemy at the Gate," what would you change? The only rule to this is that the finale can't end with a cliffhanger.

For me, I'd just scrap "Vegas" and expand "Enemy at the Gate" into a two-parter.

Toss out Vegas. Its pointless and do a massive rewrite on EATG
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I love Vegas, so I wouldn't toss it out. Maybe it could be earlier in the season, and then make EatG at 2 parter. I would be more than willing to toss out Brain Storm or Identity.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I love Vegas, so I wouldn't toss it out. Maybe it could be earlier in the season, and then make EatG at 2 parter. I would be more than willing to toss out Brain Storm or Identity.
        Ditto. Though I'd add Tracker to the list to toss out.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

Same. I might make the in-joke of people watching Vegas at the end, sort of like SG-1 watching Wormhole Extreme. I'd make John less of a jerk and give Amelia and Lorne bigger parts.

I know it'd make people mad, but I'd ditch Ronon dying and Kenny's scene. No point there and wasting 8 hours of makeup on a character who says half a line and dies to ruin a poignant scene wouldn't reflect on me as a good writer.
          Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Toss out Identity.

Give Vegas the 5x18 spot

Make EAtG a two-parter

Start from scratch with EAtG
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
              Toss out Identity and Tracker.

Give Vegas the 5x18 spot

Make EAtG a two-parter

Start from scratch with EAtG
              Fixed.

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Vegas is my favorite episode of the series, so I'd never toss it. I'd make it come earlier in the series so people could wonder if the signal had reached our universe for a while.

Toss out Brainstorm (pointless ep) and Identity (more pointlessness) and make EaTG a three episode story. It needed some serious setting-up and expansion of the plot lines.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                  Vegas is my favorite episode of the series, so I'd never toss it. I'd make it come earlier in the series so people could wonder if the signal had reached our universe for a while.

Toss out Brainstorm (pointless ep) and Identity (more pointlessness) and make EaTG a three episode story. It needed some serious setting-up and expansion of the plot lines.
                  If I keep Vegas, I'd rewrite the whole thing. Christopher Heyeredahl deserved more than spending hours in makeup just to spit on a plastic wall reciting gibberish. And that's the least of it's problems.

Identity, Tracker, and Brainstorm shouldn't have been made, but I'm not sure if expanding EATG would help. There were a ton of pointless bits in that. It needed a rewrite or a replacement itself.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I agree. It was a pointless episode and bared no resemblence to our Atlantis.

I'd also get rid of Identity, Brainstorm and Tracker.. these 4 episodes were some of the worst of the series..
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                      I agree. It was a pointless episode and bared no resemblence to our Atlantis.

I'd also get rid of Identity, Brainstorm and Tracker.. these 4 episodes were some of the worst of the series..
                      LOL, Vegas sure inspires strong reactions, pro and con. I love it with an unholy glee - I wish they'd have made a spin off out of it.
                      I agree with you on the other eps, though.
                      sigpic

Comment

LOL, Vegas sure inspires strong reactions, pro and con. I love it with an unholy glee - I wish they'd have made a spin off out of it.
                        I bought the season 5 DVDs mainly for this episode. Joe is awesome in it.

Comment

I felt EATG needed more setup then it had, so I would want more then 2 episodes to rewrite. Vegas was fun, I honestly think it should have been in the Daedalus Variations spot, a little techno babble about how the transmission would take weeks or even months to reach Pegasus would have sufficed. And then scrap Identity, and make Inquisition a 2-parter that was not a clip show and have them at the end of the day sitting on the deck asking if they really are making a difference. I didn't mind the bribery angle to get out of it, but they celebrated bribing their way out. Just a solemn state to end one episode would have been great.

If I was just stripped Vegas and EATG though, I would leave Vegas alone. It's an AR, so it's okay. Todd could have been used better, in fact if he was the Todd from another Alternate Universe and knew John Sheppard quite well and was the reason that the hive had made it to Earth in the first place that would have been awesome.

EATG I would get rid of the Ronan dying scene. Add in a line after they dialed Earth and realized it was the hive to say: "Unfortunately we don't have any nukes we can send through, and unfortunately a drones fired through a wormhole cannot be controlled from the other side. However, we cannot pass up this opportunity to aid Earth." I mean come on, they didn't even mention sending a bomb or taking a PJ through and reigning havoc with drones from the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by kcordloh View Post
                            EATG I would get rid of the Ronan dying scene. Add in a line after they dialed Earth and realized it was the hive to say: "Unfortunately we don't have any nukes we can send through, and unfortunately a drones fired through a wormhole cannot be controlled from the other side. However, we cannot pass up this opportunity to aid Earth." I mean come on, they didn't even mention sending a bomb or taking a PJ through and reigning havoc with drones from the inside.
                            I hated the end. Way too rushed. America alone has a HUGE military. Even if the technobabble about the single ZPM on a hive ship could have kept all our weapons at bay and we couldn't just nuke it from outside, we'd be spending weeks, maybe months constantly throwing everything we had at it while building more things to throw.

Either a long, drawn out war should have happened, or the wraith should have started a war of attrition. Instead of going after the US or other first-world countries, they wreck our factories in impoverished places or start culling places ravaged by war, poverty, and/or plague?

Comment

My problem with Vegas is that it bared no resemblance to our characters. It was meant to be a Sheppard episode but as usual McKay did all the babbling...and this Sheppard was just nothing like ours - I could never see our Shep ending up as some sad loner who puts other lives before his own... though I do think the writers were trying to turn him into something like this even in our universe... McKay as usual is the most important person in every universe and Sheppard is only good for going on suicide missions or sacrificing himself.... and in this episode his life wasn't even worth saving.. and to top it off the 2nd last episode of the series didn't have Teyla or Ronon, but yet they managed to shove in Keller.. I could go on and on...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X