No announcement yet.

Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 4 of Trust is now up. Read and enjoy.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I do apologize if I came across as sarcastic. I am dead serious about you writing your own series. Our plan was born from frustration with TPTB, so why not put your ideas out there. Maybe you will find an audience as we did. But you must understand that we have worked for many long months trying to be as accurate as possible and, while we appreciate constructive criticism, a lot of what you are saying is not really canon mistakes, but different interpretation on our part. And even if all the points you make were canon mistakes, it's too late to completely rewrite our episodes to bring them in line with what you seem to want.

Or maybe we just don't get the point of why you feel the need to bring up every little detail. Put yourself in our place. You write the best story you know how, work hard to do it right, and yet someone seems to think it's all wrong and needs to be done differently. Maybe that's not how you intended to come across, but it's how we interpreted your "constructive criticism". We are glad you are enjoying the stories but confused by your unrelenting attention to our choices and need to check transcripts to find errors. We read the transcripts also, watched each episode multiple times, consulted TPTB even to clear up points of confusion and find out their direction for S6. Then we had a team of readers go over each chapter for continuity. We even got feedback from cast members which we incorporated into the episodes. Above all, canon or not, it is still fiction and choices were made that not everyone will like. We hope our readers can just enjoy the story and take it for what it's worth.
      Wow, you guys really did INCREDIBLE work. I had no idea. I do understand your point about nitpicking now, it really must seem like that after all your canon checking.
      I was disappointed in TPTB about how they handled the Wraith. In the first season they built them up as an invincible and imitading enemy. And because of that I expected the series to be more or less centered about defeating the Wraith (or solving the feeding problem) and giving the PG "freedom"with the help of the knowledge/technology of Atlantis. But in later seasons the Wraith oscilliated between powerful enemies and laughable opponents, whatever the plot required. I found this inconsistency really frustrating. For my taste the Wraith were too easily defeated in this space battle of yours BUT I guess I let my frustration over TPTB's handling of the Wraith carry over into your story. Which is not fair, after all you just continue the story of TPTB and have to live with all the liabilities. It is canon that SGA keeps the upper hand when dealing with the Wraith. I just had hoped that it would get a bit more tricky for the team to defeat the Wraith.
      I think that is the source of my criticism, so sorry again if it came across as nitpicking.
      While I did like that you picked up an unfinished storyline with the Vanir I'm just not sure what to think about their performance. But I will wait for some more background and see how you develop them further.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      B-b-but... you cheated?!?
      Damn, you got me!

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
      I think the professional term is "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
      How should I interpret that now?

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
      said to Daniel u mean? Jack wasn't in that ep
      Yes, you're perfectly right.
      Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Skie View Post
        How should I interpret that now?
        As a joke?
        [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys...just wanted to say thanks for the discussion and comments on Trust. This one was sort of a bear to build and develop (especially being so close to RTP, Part I) so it's nice to hear nice things being said. I really enjoyed trying to do something a little more for Teyla and Ronon's relationship and that was a really fun part to write. So were the action sequences--I didn't get to do many of those in RTP I.
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I read criticism about the episode "Trust" and some people said that Teyla was out of character. Oh please ! In the show Teyla was so boring !!! And I say thank you to the authors! Thank you for finally woke up this poor Teyla! Thank you for bringing some spice into the wonderful little world of Athosians which, in the series, seemed to be no disturbance to be kidnapped, to serve as guinea pigs and wait for Teyla and SGA1 to come rescue them constantly! Thank you to give some depth to Ronon and Teyla with a real conflict as sometimes happens between true friends, to further their characters as they deserve while you still deliver a thrilling episode to the readers. (once again, sorry for my english... if only someone could translate your episodes in French it would be great!)
            sigpic

Comment

No, thank you, Belmene! Like you, we were really frustrated with how Teyla and Ronon were left as wallpaper so many times on the show. That was one of the big issues that we wanted to fix in Atlantis Rising, and we're glad you're enjoying our work so far! Be sure to keep reading, because there's a lot more in store for Teyla, Kanaan and little Torren, the Athosians, and Ronon in coming episodes!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Our next episode, To Build A Fire is now being posted. It's one of mine and is designed to be a bit of a comic break after all the heavy drama. I'm hoping you will find it fun, and if you're a whumper, you may also find a few things to enjoy.

The team accompanies Carson to a medical emergency on a friendly planet, but a sudden change in the weather separates them and endangers their lives. Where's the comedy in that? Well, John makes a new friend, Carson and Ronon get really close, and Rodney, well let's just say, Teyla's patience is sorely tried. I hope you enjoy it.

We also have a new piece of art from Kreauxm.

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Holy smokes, that picture is gorgeous! Many thanks to Kreauxm for putting that together for us!

On the subject of 'To Build A Fire,' as one of SR's beta readers, let me say that this episode is a comedic and whumptastic masterpiece with fun for everyone. Just remember not to eat or drink anything while reading... We won't be held responsible for any damage to your computer that may be incurred by, say, spitting out your soda because you're laughing at poor ----'s plight. Muahahah.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Whump you say? *eyes perk up* WooHoo!!! Looking forward to it. Must go read Trust first though. This vacation has been busier than I thought it would be.
                    sigpic

Comment

I rather like the idea of inserting comical episodes with other a little more dramatic. It also made the success of SGA. I really enjoyed the beginning of this first chapter of "Build a fire." Very funny, thank you Southern Red. And I also have a suggestion for you, authors. This is a detail but for me the season 5 of Atlantis was not the best. And especially after what they have dared to do to Ronon! How awful this wig! Why do producers have refused Jason Momoa to cut his hair ! They already knew that the series was on borrowed time so I do not understand why they pushed him up to wear this ridiculous monstrosity! The episode "Broken Ties" was perfect for this new change. It is true that the dreadlocks are inseparable from the character of Ronon and this because of the fact that precisely this character does mark the spirit because of his hairstyle, the fact that he grunts instead of speaking and he hates the Wraith. It always brings us back to the same conclusion: too many characters in this series neglected at the expense of Sheppard and McKay. My greatest satisfaction would be an entire episode based on a new haircut for Ronon to make us forget this awful ostopus-like wig... LOL. Ok, I'm joking...
                      Spoiler:
                      I look forward to learn more about the creature even if I have to pee in my pants laughing in front of my screen
                      Last edited by Belmene; 22 July 2011, 03:17 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Belmene View Post
                        I rather like the idea of inserting comical episodes with other a little more dramatic. It also made the success of SGA. I really enjoyed the beginning of this first chapter of "Build a fire." Very funny, thank you Southern Red. And I also have a suggestion for you, authors. This is a detail but for me the season 5 of Atlantis was not the best. And especially after what they have dared to do to Ronon! How awful this wig! Why do producers have refused Jason Momoa to cut his hair ! They already knew that the series was on borrowed time so I do not understand why they pushed him up to wear this ridiculous monstrosity! The episode "Broken Ties" was perfect for this new change. It is true that the dreadlocks are inseparable from the character of Ronon and this because of the fact that precisely this character does mark the spirit because of his hairstyle, the fact that he grunts instead of speaking and he hates the Wraith. It always brings us back to the same conclusion: too many characters in this series neglected at the expense of Sheppard and McKay. My greatest satisfaction would be an entire episode based on a new haircut for Ronon to make us forget this awful ostopus-like wig... LOL. Ok, I'm joking...
                        Spoiler:
                        I look forward to learn more about the creature even if I have to pee in my pants laughing in front of my screen
                        Thanks, that's a great idea about Ronon's hair. We may just have to discuss that. LOL

And Chapter 2 of To Build A Fire is now up, so you can meet John's new "friend" and really get into how everyone is dealing with the situation. Some better than others.
                        sigpic

Comment

I updated the first post with the link to the new episode - To Build A Fire.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I had a vision: Ronon and Carson naked in the snow cave... And Sheppard kissing passionately the yeti girl... Southern Red ! What did you do to me !"
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I had a vision: Ronon and Carson naked in the snow cave... And Sheppard kissing passionately the yeti girl... Southern Red ! What did you do to me !"
                              That wasn't a vision. That was a nightmare. LOL
                              Spoiler:
                              You should love the tender emotional moment between John and Sue when he gets rescued. Poor Sue.
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                That wasn't a vision. That was a nightmare. LOL
                                Spoiler:
                                You should love the tender emotional moment between John and Sue when he gets rescued. Poor Sue.
                                *insane giggle*
                                Spoiler:
                                Poor John, indeed. Who knew he was one of those boys? Oh, we are such a sick bunch! *cackles*

Comment

Working...
                                X