Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series

A project to provide continuation to the world of the sci-fi television series Stargate Atlantis.

After five years, the series came to an unfortunate and unexpected end, leaving many storylines unresolved for many of its loyal fans.

Some of them decided to do something about it!

What we hoped to provide, were the products of our labor--an entire season of Stargate Atlantis, written by talented fans, for the enjoyment of all. We have striven to keep in line with the nature of the show as it was written by the original staff, meaning we would attempt to construct a season that most fans of Stargate Atlantis could enjoy, no matter what their part of the fandom looks like. One that brings back characters we all miss, provides a continuity of story, and provides all the thrills, laughs, cliffhangers and excitement the original show did.

Come with us, and enjoy Season 6 and more from a fan's perspective.
    Atlantis Rising: by the fans, for the fans.

***//***

Message from the SGA Rising team

Hi Loyal Fans,

Thank you everyone for your patience and your continued interest in our project! As many of our recent commentors have pointed out, we haven't updated for a while, so we apologize for the delay. We do owe you a final update.

Though we were hoping we could continue the saga as we planned, real life and time have shortened our season. What you see published will be the extent of SGA Rising.

While we're sad we couldn't make it through the whole season, we do feel as though we've left SGA Rising in a good place - with the resolution of Primum Movens, the path is open for any possibility a fan of this series, and Stargate: Atlantis in general, could dream up. I'm sure our crew will continue to write fanfic where time allows, and all of us will go back and enjoy this series as much as we can, no matter how much life gets in the way or how many years pass. We are truly devoted fans of the Stargate series and it will always be the show that brought this great writing crew together and allowed us to enjoy, for a brief time at least, some great virtual (and even real-life) friendships.

I'll be leaving the site up for a little while, and in the meantime transferring our stories to a fanfiction archive such as fanfiction.net or something similar, so that when the site disappears the stories will remain. I'll also tweak a few of the little errors that appear on the site currently.

Thank you again for reading, and for taking the time to enjoy this journey with us. It has been nothing but enjoyable, memorable, and most especially, fun!

SGA Rising Team
    As soon as the episodes have been moved to a new location I will update the links so that they will not get lost.

EDIT 23/12/2022 (or as they say in the US of A 23/12/2022):
    Elite Anubis Guard found the location of the episodes (we thought we lost them). For now, they'll be over here but I'm planning on transferring them to a more accessible location.

Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series episode guide:

EPISODE 1: Return To Pegasus I
    Writer: EM & SK
    Progress: online

General summary: Atlantis and the expedition try to find a way to return to the Pegasus Galaxy.

EPISODE 2: Return To Pegasus II
    Writer: EM & SK

General summary: Atlantis and the expedition try to find a way to return to the Pegasus Galaxy.

EPISODE 3: Trust
    Writer: EM

General summary: Her ongoing issues with the Athosians forces Teyla to place her trust in an unlikely ally--and potentially betray others.

EPISODE 4: To Build A Fire
    Writer: SR

General summary: Sheppard's team finds themselves stranded on an arctic planet during a bad storm--putting them in a few rather hairy situations.

EPISODE 5: Evolution

General summary: A lonely, isolated planet harbors a secret that may change the face of the Pegasus Galaxy forever.

EPISODE 6: Box of Dreams
    Writer: A

General summary: The Atlantis team stumbles upon a previously undiscovered Ancient lab, accidentally setting off a machine that can change a person's life by allowing them to alter decisions they have made in the past.

EPISODE 7: Adoremus
    Writer: E

General summary: Team Sheppard encounters a planet of seemingly normal Pegasus citizens, who harbor a dark and terrifying secret.

EPISODE 8: Primum Movens I

General summary: The Atlantis Expedition receives a shocking transmission from a seemingly lost friend, warning them of an attempt by an unexpected group to revive the replicators. Colonel Sheppard's team must race to get their hands on "the Prime", a powerful weapon with the power to control all replicators. But the weapon turns out to be not what they expected...

EPISODE 9: Primum Movens II

General summary: The surprising nature of 'the Primus' raises questions among the Atlantis Expedition, while the true nature of plot behind it's evolution takes a surprising and deadly turn. Now, the Expedition must decide whom to trust--or run the risk of re-releasing one of the galaxy's deadliest races.
    ***//***

Unaired episodes under the cut:

Spoiler:
    EPISODE 10: What Dreams May Come
    Writer: SK

General Plotline: Elizabeth is back, but her welcome home is short lived as Atlantis addresses the issue of the nanites still in her system. When an unwelcome attachment to the Replicators rears its ugly head--and threatens the lives of the very City she loves the most, it will take the combined strength of Elizabeth and her friends' faith in her to keep them all safe.

EPISODE 11: A Day in the Life of Rodney McKay

General Plotline: Rodney McKay is forced to live the same day over and over--a day that ends with an explosion that completely destroys Atlantis. It will take all his wits to theorize himself out of disaster and save his friends.

EPISODE 12: First Year
    Writer: SK

General Plotline: As Teyla and Kanaan prepare Torren for his First Year celebration, a local danger forces the group to think fast to protect their own.

EPISODE 13: Found in Translation
    Writer: EM & G

General Plotline: An encounter with an unusual alien race provides an opportunity for Elizabeth to flex her muscles in her new role--as a part of John's team.

EPISODE 14: Blitzkrieg

General Plotline: The Pegasus Coalition is back with a new and dangerous proposal. The future of the Pegasus Galaxy--and Atlantis's role in it--may rest on the wit and strength of Atlantis's newest diplomats.

EPISODE 15: Feelings
    Writer: Southern Red

General Plotline: A mysterious flower pollen causes Ronon to empath the feelings of those around him.

EPISODE 16: Extinction, Part I
    Writers: EM & SK

General Plotline: A turning point in the war with the Wraith will decide the future of the Pegasus Galaxy

EPISODE 17: Extinction, Part II
    Writers: EM & SK

General Plotline: A turning point in the war with the Wraith will decide the future of the Pegasus Galaxy

***//***

This thread's purpose is to give you, the reader, the opportunity to discuss the season and what could happen in the future.

If you should have questions about the virtual series, the writers will be more than happy to answer accordingly, and maybe even spill some tidbits or fun facts about writing their episodes.

In order for this thread to be somewhat civilized in nature, I would like to add a few reminders:

* Bashing of any kind will not be tolerated, and will be dealt with accordingly.

* Criticism comes in many forms, so let's say we stick to being polite even if we don't like what we see. We value genuine discussion and constructive criticism, but not petty nitpicking.

* Respect is earned, not given. So if you respect one another, they will without a doubt return the favor.

* Artwork is allowed, by all means, though keep to the rules Gateworld has in place concerning manips, size of the picture, ... and whatnot.
    ***//***

And if you have made it this far down... Enjoy the virtual season and discuss away!
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 23 December 2022, 12:38 PM.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

I had no idea you wrote fanfic! I'll definitely have to give this a read in a bit... just as soon as I can force myself to put down inFAMOUS 2
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      I had no idea you wrote fanfic! I'll definitely have to give this a read in a bit... just as soon as I can force myself to put down inFAMOUS 2
      I indeed write fanfic, however, my contribution to this series has been more of the advicery kind where in I offer my services to beta for continuity errors, SG-facts and canon knowledge to be correct or as close to the truth as the shows taught us this knowledge.

Plus when brainstorming was going on for this series - I had my fair share of stormy ideas and braincells that got fried in the process.

This is a collaborative effort between several writers, creators, bringers of ideas, ... fans who wanted to see more Atlantis after Enemy At The Gate.

Comment

haven't finished the first eppy yet, i need more time. but so far so good, i really like it.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know what to follow anymore, there is so much fan fic that its hard to decied which way to go.....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TuKwick_1 View Post
            I don't know what to follow anymore, there is so much fan fic that its hard to decied which way to go.....
            Just follow them all...

Comment

You know, it seems like every village in five has a dark and terrifying secret.

Comment

read the first episode, really enjoyed it. except for those nitpicks that i discovered.

i'll put them in spoiler tags just so it doesn't clog up the forum.
                Spoiler:

1. The Stargate Program started in 1997 not 1998.
                2. The Antarctic Base was discovered in 2004.
                3. Travellers is spelled Travelers.
                4. The General Hammond is the now the George Hammond.
                5. Stephen Caldwell is spelled Steven.

sorry for those nitpicks but other wise i really enjoyed what you did. you kept everybody in character, love the little characters development, and i am looking forward to the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Just follow them all...
                  I would but then you start crossing story lines and such...... I will give this a try tho....
                  sigpic

Comment

Mmmm interesting...

Will have to read it when I find the time. Seems to be good from what I scrolled through
                    This isn't about love. This is about revenge....

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      Fine, they'll have 40 minutes of 'normal village life' where not much happens and no one blows something up or fires a weapon and everyone, including the guest characters lives happily ever after!

Happy?

And i went looking for this earlier, and enjoyed what i read so far (interesting angles so far), so kudos Falcon Horus and i wish you and your team the best of luck!

Although if the season finale alien race are the Der'kal, s09119 should SO sue! (jokes!)
                      [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Finished reading chapter one, and it was amazing! I could visualize it happening, and everyone seemed in their places.
                        Spoiler:
                        I really liked how this chapter has stuck to canon, with no wild "WTH? That was out of the blue" moments. The Lucian Alliance put in an appearance, as well as Landry giving Woolsey the Jump Stones, a nice nod to SGU.

Great job, can't wait for the next chapter to get put up!

Comment

I was alright one of the better continuations of Atlantis, including the official novels which are terrible.

But I still found the reasons behind letting Atlantis go back to the Pegasus was less than persuasive.

If fighting the Wraith and helping Pegasus people and exploring the galaxy was so essential as Ms Shepherd seem to think , then there are many ways in which that could be done without involving Atlantis.

An to me strom character actions did not make sense considering there were so many other arguments against Ms Shepherd decisions, than personal relationships. In fact there were many ways in which her goals could be met without using Atlantis.

Also it did not make sense that Daedalus class vessels would not be visiting the Pegasus galaxy regularly, if there argument was that Atlantis being in the galaxy would divided the Wraith, then surely trying to the do the same with just a couple of vessels and not one of the crowning glories of the Ancients would make more sense.

It also would have made more sense to have the vessels to scout out the galaxy and collect intelligence than just having Atlantis arrive in the galaxy with no update info on planets, Wraith fleet movements, the Coalition, the Genii. If keeping there return to the galaxy secrete was a priority, they had the Traveler vessel and the spare ZPM which they could have put to use. Those elements were ignore.

Then the ending, did you really have to use the Worm hole drive.

Overall I think the plot was just a bit to obvious for my liking and I have never been clean on convenience plots lines just to get Atlantis back to Pegasus.

Good attempt but the story just lack common sense on what would happen in this situation, and lack justification for sending Atlantis back, like all fans and even professional attempts at coming up with a story to return Atlantis to the Pegasus galaxy.

Joe Mallozi idea of a self destruct is the best plot device for Atlantis returning to the Pegasus galaxy that I have read so far, because it allows for no other options, why other plot devices allows for loads of other options to be explored and tried before sending Atlantis back to the Galaxy which the characters and organisations have to conveniently ignore for the plot to make sense.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 09 June 2011, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I disagree complete on the self destruct idea being at all more plausible than this or anything else. It's completely illogical and feels more contrived than every other take I've read.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Hooray! Thanks for putting up the thread, FH!

Greetings, Programs! (er, sorry, wrong fandom )

Looks like I'm the first on the writing staff to pop in and say hello; I'm currently working on our next episode, "Return to Pegasus, Part II," so I'll probably be here more frequently once that episode is released. So, hi everyone! *waves*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              In order for this thread to be somewhat civilized in nature, I would like to add a few reminders:

* Bashing of any kind will not be tolerated, and will be dealt with accordingly.

* Criticism comes in many forms, so let's say we stick to being polite even if we don't like what we see.
                              I think we might want to amend that note on criticism to add that we value genuine discussion and constructive criticism, but not petty nitpicking.

Speaking of which...

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              read the first episode, really enjoyed it. except for those nitpicks that i discovered.

i'll put them in spoiler tags just so it doesn't clog up the forum.
                              Spoiler:

1. The Stargate Program started in 1997 not 1998.
                              2. The Antarctic Base was discovered in 2004.
                              3. Travellers is spelled Travelers.
                              4. The General Hammond is the now the George Hammond.
                              5. Stephen Caldwell is spelled Steven.

sorry for those nitpicks but other wise i really enjoyed what you did. you kept everybody in character, love the little characters development, and i am looking forward to the rest of the season.
                              I don't consider that nitpicking at all, but rather canon fact-checking. So you're safe. Hmm, I seem to recall pointing out those issues in my continuity read through, so I'm not sure how they slipped through into the final draft. Anyway, thanks for letting us know, and we'll see if we can get those fixed ASAP.

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              LMAO! Let's face it, it just wouldn't be the Pegasus Galaxy we've all come to know and love without some dark and terrifying secrets lurking around every corner. Muahahah.

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                              Although if the season finale alien race are the Der'kal, s09119 should SO sue! (jokes!)
                              Heh! Actually, we've deliberately tried to stay away from anyone else's post-Season 5 fanfics, so if there are any similarities, they're purely coincidental. Obviously, there are likely to be some general elements that might be the same, as there were a lot of storylines left hanging without resolution at the end of the TV series that we're planning on tackling, but we're taking them in a direction that we hope you'll enjoy.

As for our new Big Bad Guys at the end of the season, let's just say that we've got something lined up that will make the Wraith look like tame little chipmunks in comparison. Be afraid. Be very afraid. *evil grin*

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              Finished reading chapter one, and it was amazing! I could visualize it happening, and everyone seemed in their places.
                              Spoiler:
                              I really liked how this chapter has stuck to canon, with no wild "WTH? That was out of the blue" moments. The Lucian Alliance put in an appearance, as well as Landry giving Woolsey the Jump Stones, a nice nod to SGU.

Great job, can't wait for the next chapter to get put up!
                              I think that
                              Spoiler:
                              incorporating the references to SGU was important to maintaining the commitment we made to stick to canon this season. While the fandom is still divided over the series, it's a part of the canon Gateverse and with the way that SGU intersected with Atlantis (especially with their crossover episode, but even in more subtle references throughout SGU's run), it was a nice bit of continuity to be able to give them a shout out.

And that's it for the moment. Stay tuned for Act 1 of "Return to Pegasus, Part II," which we anticipate will be posted sometime next Tuesday.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                              X