Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So they were going to drop the Novas/Novus race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the Novus storyline. One of the great parts of SG-1 and Atlantis was allowing the audiences to see the main characters find and discover new planets of humans and to see the wide variety of how cultures and mythologies and have developed. So it was a great idea to use time travel to explore humanity way out away from Earth. In one sense the Destiny crew could let go of their lives pre-Destiny, let go of Earth because the Ancient communication stones no longer were tying them back to Earth and their previous lives (as they had not yet been discovered on Earth) but life on Earth and knowledge about the Ancients was not lost when Novus was founded. The people who grew up on Novus knew that yes they were the descendants of the Destiny crew but that crew was the second evolution of man/the Alterans and the Ancients.
    However I didn't like that none of the people from the Novus expedition planet asked to stay onboard the Destiny and I really disliked that a drone ship was able to destroy/break away part of a stargate (especially since it had been well established that stargates are very difficult, if not nearly impossible, to destroy).
    It would have been great to continue to see them more but unlikely given the way the series ended. The ending of Epilogue would have been an amazing way to end the series especially once they knew it was not going to be renewed for a 3rd season
    Last edited by EvaWallE7744; 08 December 2020, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EvaWallE7744 View Post
      I really disliked that a drone ship was able to destroy/break away part of a stargate (especially since it had been well established that stargates are very difficult, if not nearly impossible, to destroy).
      It's worth remembering that these were older, more limited and less advanced versions of the Stargate. They might have simply not been as durable as the ones from the Milky Way or Pegasus. I can't remember if Universe even referenced them being made of Naquadah?
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

that's a good point about the gates being older and maybe not as durable-the seed ships would have used the raw materials available to them to create Stargates and off-hand i can't remember if Naquadah was mentioned in SGU.

Comment

Working...
        X