Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So they were going to drop the Novas/Novus race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dacooker,

They're all "Novans". They were divided between Tenerans and Futurans.
    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

When I heard about the Novans/ possible decendants being the possible opposing force in a season three I immediatly thought of the decendants of the Lucian alliance members. In "Twin destines for a brief moment we glimpse several of these members in the gate room with Varro, while we know that he settled down with James we know nothing of what happened to the other members of the LA. In my mind the LA members along with a few members of the destiny crew could have used the gates to travel throughout the galaxy before becoming seperated and unable to return. They could have created over several thousand years an advanced civilisation (maybe even the one that created the drones - although that does lead to come coninuity issues so maybe not) which was capable of FTL. Due to whatever reason (drones maybe?) they were forced to leave this galaxy hundreds of years ago and created their own civilisation in the next galaxy.

Due to their decent from the LA members, some military from destiny and those who married/ joined them, their culture would be far more militarized and dark with many LA features in it as opposed to Terrian/ Novan ones. As a result of two thousand years of seperation they would be less likely to welcome the crew of destiny and due to legends and myth (much the same as Rush becoming and evil figure to the novans) the Crew of destiny is treated as a threat to be exterminated.

Comment

David,

Sure, but why would Brody go along with them. I don't think the LA would be terribly sympathetic to Rush or Brody yet it seems Brody was the founding father of the "Futruans".
        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I think Current Brody seems uneasy with it too but once you look at it as having happened, it's interesting to see where it could have gone.
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
            David,

Sure, but why would Brody go along with them. I don't think the LA would be terribly sympathetic to Rush or Brody yet it seems Brody was the founding father of the "Futruans".
            Maybe they went along with him, then gradually took over Futura from within.

Comment

Maybe he hated kids?

If they did become the Futruans then any number of reasons could have resulted in a LA/ Military reigeme, perphaps it didn't even become one until after his death years later and the offspring of these people raised in a harsher and more military culture that in turn when exploring the galaxy became seperated and became even more militant.

Another explanation that occoured to me could be that they wern't even part of the Futurans, it's safe to assume that gate Travel to other planets would have happened a fair bit especially in the early days. Once the LA members had fully been accepted into the crew they could have been sent on a mission along with military personal and a few civilians this mission could have been seperated and unable to return. Embittered by this, Eli's failed decision to try and get them home and their predicament they grow to hate the other members of the destinys crew for not coming to their rescue. This hatred filters down through the generations which with the LA and military influence becomes a militant culture with none of the values of the destinies crew. Perphaps the discovery of a seed ship or war with aliens or drones would have led to great technological expansion and the discovery of FTL. Due to war with the drones they are forced to leave this galaxy and settle in the next one where our crew meets them.

Comment

That makes me wonder if the drones would have backtracked the gates and found the LA>.

Comment

I doubt it as the LA had no way to travel between gates which was what attracted the drones.

Comment

Wow, what an episode. I am sitting here having a wee sgu marathon as, I am ashames to admit, I haven't seen the last five episode's so I am rectifying that as we type but I just had to quickly post my initial thoughts on this episode before gettlng back to the action.. loved it, loved how it had that sg1 feel to it almost from the off, meeting alien humans trade etc, in fact in the scene where the drones attack the camp, you had to admire the not so subtle hat tip to sg1, and kowolski ( children of the gods) for a moment I thought I was watching sg1 . I'm not even gonna get into all the excellent political aspects, at the moment, because I am eager to get back to see his it all ends..... I just wanted to say how much I loved this episode and with its little.hints and titbits it also had an Atlantis feel to it ( last man) .I do think.I Will.come.back.and read.some.of.the posts on this episode after I finish my marathon as I have so much to ask... But just wanted.to give a wick show.of appreciation to the episode, and make a.snack to keep me going.for the next three episode's.... I Will finish by.saying that this.episode definitely deserves a spot in the history books as being one of the more successful stargate franchise feelling episode. Right thats me sandwich made, ready to crack on as.they say....
                    Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
                      Wow, what an episode. I am sitting here having a wee sgu marathon as, I am ashames to admit, I haven't seen the last five episode's so I am rectifying that as we type but I just had to quickly post my initial thoughts on this episode before gettlng back to the action.. loved it, loved how it had that sg1 feel to it almost from the off, meeting alien humans trade etc, in fact in the scene where the drones attack the camp, you had to admire the not so subtle hat tip to sg1, and kowolski ( children of the gods) for a moment I thought I was watching sg1 . I'm not even gonna get into all the excellent political aspects, at the moment, because I am eager to get back to see his it all ends..... I just wanted to say how much I loved this episode and with its little.hints and titbits it also had an Atlantis feel to it ( last man) .I do think.I Will.come.back.and read.some.of.the posts on this episode after I finish my marathon as I have so much to ask... But just wanted.to give a wick show.of appreciation to the episode, and make a.snack to keep me going.for the next three episode's.... I Will finish by.saying that this.episode definitely deserves a spot in the history books as being one of the more successful stargate franchise feelling episode. Right thats me sandwich made, ready to crack on as.they say....
                      Omg I am.honestly about to burst. I had no idea it was a two parter, so many questions, so much to learn a touchscreen phone couldn't possiby do it all justice( that and.I want to watch the.last.two episodes) but rest assured the minute I can get to a laptop and do it justice, I'll be back with so many questions you know its a time like this I am embarrassed to call myself an sgelite. A true sgelite would have seen this arc a dozen times over,or at the very least read the mission reports.. it just goes to show, you never stop learning......

Comment

Originally posted by david112 View Post
                        When I heard about the Novans/ possible decendants being the possible opposing force in a season three I immediatly thought of the decendants of the Lucian alliance members. In "Twin destines for a brief moment we glimpse several of these members in the gate room with Varro, while we know that he settled down with James we know nothing of what happened to the other members of the LA. In my mind the LA members along with a few members of the destiny crew could have used the gates to travel throughout the galaxy before becoming seperated and unable to return. They could have created over several thousand years an advanced civilisation (maybe even the one that created the drones - although that does lead to come coninuity issues so maybe not) which was capable of FTL. Due to whatever reason (drones maybe?) they were forced to leave this galaxy hundreds of years ago and created their own civilisation in the next galaxy.

Due to their decent from the LA members, some military from destiny and those who married/ joined them, their culture would be far more militarized and dark with many LA features in it as opposed to Terrian/ Novan ones. As a result of two thousand years of seperation they would be less likely to welcome the crew of destiny and due to legends and myth (mu.ch the same as Rush becoming and evil figure to the novans) the Crew of destiny is treated as a threat to be exterminated.
                        Didn't the remaining La die in the hunt, leaving only varro?

Comment

There were 2 groups.. One that like Varro were willing to give their loyalty to Col Young, and therefore stayed on the Destiny, and others (like Simian) who were unwilling to do so and got left on a planet.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            There were 2 groups.. One that like Varro were willing to give their loyalty to Col Young, and therefore stayed on the Destiny, and others (like Simian) who were unwilling to do so and got left on a planet.
                            But weren't the other la, the ones not loyal to varrow dumped on an inhospitable planet with no means of realistic survival, hardly enough to start an opposing faction that could pose any threat.

Comment

Yup.. As mentioned they got left...

Comment

there a great number of issue to deal with
                                first off, the idea of leaving the descendants to their fate, after the Destiny crew basically caused the command ships to go out to every star that is needed for proper planetary life, it no longer matters where the novans go, there will be a command ship, and thus, they will be in danger
                                Chloe is REALLY good with FTL calculations and dropping out right infront of command ships....ok, her first one was a little too close. modify it, and bam, they are 10 seconds infront of, more than enough time to be able to open fire.
                                also, all the drones that come off of the command ship, bring a small one on board, and reprogram it like before, all those drones are now fighting for Destiny......do several of these, and all of the sudden, Destiny has an army of drones. the drones have the ability to magnetize to the hall, take them into FTL as well, and clear a path for the descendants, and hopefully Destiny will even, accidentally bump into them while trying to clear a path.....not to mention, Destiny will be able to recharge at any star after destroying the command ship in that area......deploy the drones before going into the star, as, you don't want to expand the shields more then needed.....loop back around to get the drones again.......and episode can even be worked in that one of the times that they drop off the drones, that the command ships figure out how to retake control of the drone, so Eli will have to work around that

they bump into the novans and, instant ALS cure.......Destiny clears the stars needed for the descendents.......heck, even, make it that the novans are actually in a battle with a command ship, Destiny accidentally bumps into them, and, futura was correct, DESTINY SAVED US!!! Their ships are terribly damaged, but the ALS cure is still accessible....everyone climbs aboard Destiny, and off to the new planet

Comment

Working...
                                X