Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So they were going to drop the Novas/Novus race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So they were going to drop the Novas/Novus race?

They made such a big deal of the Novas city and how they might meet them again, even though the city is gone, as they spread all over the galaxy,
    Very next episode the writers make it so they completely skip 1/3rd of the galaxy and plan to go through the MASSIVE void to the next one.

How could the Novas species be met again after they skip the galaxy?
    Seems the writers just decided to drop the story out of nowhere

The only possible ways I could think we'd meet them again is they have Hyperspace technology, but when the ship was launched from Novas to another planet it was going to take 300 something years to get there only being launched rougly 30 years ago.
    So I doubt any of them expanded to the next Galaxy.

I really disagreed with that move, I'm even ensuring we'll see the Novus people again in my fanfic because of it. I just don't understand why the writers would drop such a goldmine storyline, the one plausible way to really have continued human interaction outside of the "human aliens" back in the Milky Way.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Maybe another colony invented hyperspace technology and after they lost contact with Novus and were attacked by the drones they thought Novus was gone so they left and went to another galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by SilenceOz View Post
        They made such a big deal of the Novas city and how they might meet them again, even though the city is gone, as they spread all over the galaxy,
        Very next episode the writers make it so they completely skip 1/3rd of the galaxy and plan to go through the MASSIVE void to the next one.

The only possible ways I could think we'd meet them again is they have Hyperspace technology, but when the ship was launched from Novas to another planet it was going to take 300 something years to get there only being launched rougly 30 years ago.
        Ever think that Eli takes the ship to that planet and lets it orbit for 300 years and hopes that there people make it and can help them with Destiny,...
        sigpic

Comment

They said they wouldnt be able to find the ship, space is very vast.

So Eli changes the Destinys course to orbit the new Novas planet..
          Orbits it for 300 years with everyone in stasis, on the hopes that the possibly in stasis or people in the generational ship, can help them fix Destiny? how would they do that, the only information they have on Destiny is from the Kino that Eli took with them through the gate in the alt timeline.
          And the knowledge of the crew that was passed down 2000 years. I really doubt theyd be able to fix Destiny much more than the current crew can.

Comment

According to blog I read, they were either going to bump into a Militaristic race of descendants on the way which implies some had learnt how to jump galaxies

There are ways around it, eg piggybacking on a seed ship, or they could always come back

In essence the show seemed to be about exploring different galaxies, eg a different galaxy per season perhaps

There is always a way around these things,

Comment

Originally posted by TuKwick_1 View Post
              Ever think that Eli takes the ship to that planet and lets it orbit for 300 years and hopes that there people make it and can help them with Destiny,...
              Plus they left that planet BEHIND them.

Comment

I wouldn't mind the idea of them meeting up with them again in space, No more seed ship being used by another race though, Before SGU started I was so pumped at the plot of how the seed ships are travelling through space and planting 1000's of gates everywhere and after I saw destiny I knew the seeder ships would be awesome, but the Ursini just seemed to make the ships look like they suck.
                The thing seemed to have like no firepower and was pretty weak.

If I was the ancients and sending out these BIG ships to be travelling through the entire UNIVERSE, I know I would shove on some huge bloody space guns and shields. But no the seed ships ended up sucking and it really was dissapointing Id rather no more stories involving the seed ships.

" Id rather no more stories involving the seed ships."
                Then again after SGU cancellation I guess I shouldn't worry about that

Comment

Originally posted by SilenceOz View Post

There's no telling what a 3rd season would have brought and Rush made some veiled hints about running into them again. There's also the ALS cure that would have been sought after. I don't think the Novans were dropped so much as the end of the show made it impossible to revisit. After all, the Blues were supposedly left in another galaxy as well, and they reappeared, who knows who else would have?
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

That is true. Had we had a proper 3rd season, who knows how we would have handled the Novans.

Comment

Originally posted by TuKwick_1 View Post
                      not really the drones would kill the ship

Comment

Well, after traveling for more than a million years any system is going to start to degrad. I'm sure they were uber awesome when they were orginally built.
                        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I would have really loved to see the main weapon at its full potential.

Comment

In a way, I'm kind of glad we never did. Too many times, ships end up with these super-weapons that can defeat anything. It gets dull
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Novans, no...Futurin's, yes
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X