Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fandom Surveys/Feedback

Hi GateWorlders .

Here's a place to post your Fandom surveys/questionnaires and get feedback .

(Once this thread gets going,please make it clear which survey you're responding to,thanks ! )
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Hello Stargate fans!

I am working on a consulting gig for a company interested in picking up the Stargate license for a video game. If you could take a minute (It's really short) to fill out the following survey it would help me out a lot, and potentially get you a Stargate game in the future!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RTTGKKQ

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I took your survey. Hope it helps in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
        I took your survey. Hope it helps in future.
        Thanks Ibn Rushd, really appreciate the help!

Comment

Thanks to all those who have taken the survey so far. I am going to be finishing up the report this week, so if anyone else wants to take it please do so by Thursday 16th June.

If you are interested the results so far are :

71.4% of people on this forum primarily play games on a PC; there was a split in the kind of game they were looking for with 33.3% wanting a Strategy game similar to Civilization, 26.7% interested in an RPG and 20% wanting a FPS.
          60% wanted a $60 full price game, whilst only 13.3% wanted a budget retail package, and only 6.7% were interested in a $20 Online only game similar to Stargate resistance.
          Close to half the respondents (46.7%) would be willing to pay for additional content, such as maps, additional characters and weapons.
          A single player option was top of peoples wish list, rating an average of 4.2 out of 5, with multiplayer capability ranking 2.47 out of 5. Social interaction through a service such as Facebook ranked 1.93 out of 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubic3 View Post
            Hello Stargate fans!

I am working on a consulting gig for a company interested in picking up the Stargate license for a video game. If you could take a minute (It's really short) to fill out the following survey it would help me out a lot, and potentially get you a Stargate game in the future!

Thanks in advance.
            Thanks to all those who have taken the survey so far. I am going to be finishing up the report this week, so if anyone else wants to take it please do so by Thursday 16th June.

If you are interested the results so far are :

71.4% of people on this forum primarily play games on a PC; there was a split in the kind of game they were looking for with 33.3% wanting a Strategy game similar to Civilization, 26.7% interested in an RPG and 20% wanting a FPS.
            60% wanted a $60 full price game, whilst only 13.3% wanted a budget retail package, and only 6.7% were interested in a $20 Online only game similar to Stargate resistance.
            Close to half the respondents (46.7%) would be willing to pay for additional content, such as maps, additional characters and weapons.
            A single player option was top of peoples wish list, rating an average of 4.2 out of 5, with multiplayer capability ranking 2.47 out of 5. Social interaction through a service such as Facebook ranked 1.93 out of 5.
            I took your survey just now, I know the date has passed but it was still open.... lol

I would be very interested in playing the game!
            sigpic
            Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
            'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
            : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
            I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
            Indeed

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm Michelle, and I'm currently researching fanfiction for my Honours thesis at Monash University (Australia). I have to post this Explanatory Statement to satisfy the Monash University Human Research Ethics Committee (MUHREC), so please read it before you begin my two short surveys.

I really appreciate every response to my surveys. This is so exciting for me!

4th September 2011

Explanatory Statement - “Gateworld” Stargate Forum Members

Thesis Title: TO BE CONTINUED… Understanding Online Collaborative Fanfiction Narratives

My name is Michelle and I am conducting a research project with Doctor Peter Groves, a professor in the School of English, Communications and Performance Studies towards a BA (Honours) at Monash University. This is a part of my thesis, which is the equivalent of a short book.

I have chosen to ask the members of this forum to participate in my study because I am looking for a large, well-populated and often updated online science fiction television-based fanfiction role-playing forum, and I believe that Gateworld is such a site.

The aim of this study is to understand the writing habits of science fiction fanfiction authors who write collaborative narratives in online spaces. Many studies of fanfiction focus on political, gender and identity construction and second language acquisition, but I felt that there was little in the way of writing practices research. I am interested in the writing habits, narrative construction and collaborative nature of forum-based science fiction fanfiction role-playing. My intention is to accurately represent these habits, and the individuals who practice them. Whilst this research is unlikely to have immediate direct benefits for its participants, it is my hope that it will increase the academic understanding of fandom, and the role that fan activities like fanfiction play in media consumption, interpretation and reproduction. I hope to draw on this project’s findings in future fandom studies.

The study involves completing two short surveys, which are hosted on Surveymonkey.com. The questions are designed to be as non-intrusive as possible and do not require the disclosure of any sensitive information, and participation is completely anonymous. For legal purposes, all participants must be over 18 years of age. The surveys will be open for one month from the date that this statement was posted (4th September 2011), can be completed in any order at any time that is convenient. This study is voluntary and you are under no obligation to consent to participation. However, if you do consent to participate, you may only withdraw prior to the survey being submitted.

All data collected in this study will be anonymous, and will be stored on Surveymonkey.com according to their privacy policy. Information on Surveymonkey.com’s privacy policy can be found at <http://www.surveymonkey.com/privacypolicy.aspx>. Information about Surveymonkey.com’s security procedures can be found at <http://www.surveymonkey.com/Monkey_Security.aspx>. Once the survey closes, all data will be transferred to hard copy and stored securely in the ECPS School Office at Monash University in a locked cupboard/filing cabinet for 5 years, adhering to the University regulations, and the survey account will be deactivated. Any residual backups which may still exist on the website will be automatically deleted after 12 months. The completed thesis will be stored in the School Library (Room W710, 7th Floor West, Menzies Building, Clayton campus) for an indefinite period.

Survey 1 investigates writing habits and production, and will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. Once you have read the whole explanatory statement, please open the following link to begin Survey 1:
              http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8BKH2RP

Survey 2 investigates attitudes towards the production of fanfiction, and the implications of generating content online. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. Once you have read the whole explanatory statement, please open the following link to begin Survey 2:
              http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8BH9WSP

If you would like to be informed of the research findings, please contact me, Michelle Kent, at [email protected] before December 31st 2011. My thesis will not be available publicly, however I will provide a summary of my findings upon request.

If you would like to contact the researchers about any aspect of this study, please contact the Chief Investigator:
              Dr Peter Groves
              Co-ordinator of Undergraduate Studies
              School of English, Communications and Performance Studies
              Monash University
              VIC 3800
              Email: [email protected]
              Phone: +61 3 9905 2155
              Mobile: +61 414 795 923
              Office: W712, Menzies Building, Clayton Campus

If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which this research (CF11/2302 – 2011001316) is being conducted, please contact:
              Executive Officer
              Monash University Human Research Ethics Committee (MUHREC)
              Building 3e Room 111
              Research Office
              Monash University VIC 3800
              Phone: +61 3 9905 2052
              Fax: +61 3 9905 3831
              Email: [email protected]

Thank you.

Michelle Kent.

Comment

Myst is adventure? Also, why is 'Sandbox' not a type of game?

There are many free games hat don't depend on ads and are far better than facebook games, like Vindictus. I am practically addicted to those games.

Why is the social interaction through facebook or twitter? Why can't I type in the game?
                Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Michelle, I took your surveys. Great questions! I liked the open-ended format.
                  Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Hello Stargate fans!

Thanks in advance.
                    Took your survey, also hope it helps.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to thank you all for being so interesting and honest in your responses to my survey about fanfiction habits. I can't express just how grateful I am for such prompt, fascinating and insightful replies! The survey is now closed, and I will be removing the data from the site to an external harddrive (offline) today, as I explained in my statement.

I am now frantically collating the data into something vaguely coherent (only 14 more days til I need the final draft in, I may have left the data collection side a bit late, eh?), and when I have a finished product, I'll do my best to make it available for you. I'm in talks with my uni to see if I can publish the whole thesis online - it would be appropriate, after all...

So, once again, thank you for taking the time to answer my surveys, every participant is a star, and hopefully you'll like my analysis!
                      ~Michelle.

Comment

It's that time of year again!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/fandomresearch2012

This is a survey investigating the relationship between audiences and fandom surrounding Stargate SG-1. I am currently conducting academic research in to fandom and fan culture as part of my degree. Any insight you can provide would be helpful and very welcome. I’m interested in researching how and why audiences interact with a certain text especially sci-fi.

All information is collected completely anonymously and will be used for my academic research.

This survey should take under 10 minutes to complete.

If you have any questions or comments about this survey or the field of study please contact me at

[email protected]

Thank you!

Comment

Done. I hope it will help you

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                          Sig & Avi by Josi
                          sigpic
                          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                          I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Done.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello Stargate fans!

Thanks in advance.
                              I did this survey.

Comment

Working...
                              X