X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush could have used the shuttle

I was rereading the transcript for light when one section stood out,

WALLACE: There it is.

(He shows the image to everyone. The Kino is drifting away to the rear of the ship. It has turned its camera backwards and is showing the ship receding behind it.)

ARMSTRONG (awestruck): That's the Destiny.

(Eli nods, smiling. Rush gazes at the image in amazement. The Kino drifts further away, revealing the shape of the entire ship just before the sun moves into the frame and its light obliterates everything on the screen. Eli lowers the remote and there's silence for a moment as everyone considers what they've just seen, then Rush nods appreciatively.)

RUSH: Thank you, Eli. I never thought I'd get the chance to see the ship from the outside.

Which brings me to why didn't he just have Lt Scott take him out in the shuttle for a flyby of the ship it wouldn't have been impossible to do, i'm surprised with his level of intelligence he didn't think of it himself.

Ummm by the time the shuttle left it had only been like 3 days. In that time he was: rushing (lol) around, offworld, being crazy at a console, passing out then figuring out there screwed.
    Last edited by escyos; 31 May 2011, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      Ummm by the time the shuttle left it had only been like 3 days. In that time he was: rushing (lol) around, offworld, being crazy at a console, passing out then figuring out there screwed.
      I should have been clearer, i meant to say Rush could have used the shuttle long before this episode he certainly had plenty of chances when the shuttle wasn't in use, he could have borrowed the shuttle anytime he wanted.

Rush not using the shuttle is like Weir not sending a dhd equipped puddle jumper to rescue the stranded team in the SGA episode phantoms who could not dial out because the dhd had been destroyed in an explosion, sending the jumper would have been better than leaving the team to twiddle thier thumbs while they waited for the daedalus to arrive and beam them up.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
        I should have been clearer, i meant to say Rush could have used the shuttle long before this episode he certainly had plenty of chances when the shuttle wasn't in use, he could have borrowed the shuttle anytime he wanted.
        Yes but Light was only a few days from when they first arrived, he had no time to use it, he was preoccupied with trying to save everyone.

Comment

True, and when he was not, he was either off world (air), in a panic (darkness) or out cold (again darkness)..

Comment

Working...
          X