Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Infiltration - How's this sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Infiltration - How's this sound?

What if they did something of a spin-off of Universe where Varo somehow managed to get off the ship with a few people, which he then helped to infiltrate the Lucien Alliance?

They'd be able to tackle things from a new angle while continuing the story of the Destiny. And yes, I know separate plots would be necessary.

Seems like a lot of people want something new, but also to continue the old. Would something like this suffice...a bridge between, perhaps?

The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....
    sigpic

Comment

Why would Varro want to do that?

Comment

LA?
        yawn

Comment

It seems like he was beginning to identify with, and actually like, the crew. More so than his own people.

Besides, I was thinking more of an involuntary need. Some of the crew gets separated from the Destiny and infiltrate the LA out of necessity...since they still cannot return home. The separate storylines would continue the Destiny's quest while the moles' tried to find a way home for everyone.

Another problem encountered would be an inability to reach SGC since they wouldn't have access to the communication stones anymore. They'd be discovering the LA's plans, then try to find a way to bridge the galaxies to contact homeworld with updates.

Since the LA acts like a terrorist org. with many cells, Varro could always present his companions as a cell decimated by the attack on the Destiny. His own motivation would be defection and sanctuary. Throughout Universe, he was always more cooperative than he ever had need to be. Just look at what some of his other captured comrades did.

Comment

All of this would take place after the three years, of course. Unless they got the show started early and Eli awoke everyone with what "seemed" like the solution to their problem: a way to dial Earth...

...but stranding a small group (including Varro) in the middle of nowhere...

Comment

I want SGU with Rush, Young, Scott, Greer, TJ, Brody, Volker, Wray.... I want the Destiny, the story´s.

SGU was something new to the already existing Universe and it got treated poorly, not just by the SyFy channel, also from many other fans. It´s a shame. The show is awesome but not enough appreciated!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                I want SGU with Rush, Young, Scott, Greer, TJ, Brody, Volker, Wray.... I want the Destiny, the story´s.

SGU was something new to the already existing Universe and it got treated poorly, not just by the SyFy channel, also from many other fans. It´s a shame. The show is awesome but not enough appreciated!
                The show ended up awesome (changes were made to avoid cancellation) by the second half of season 2. The real problem was the casual channel surfer had no reason to stop during the first half of season 1 and appreciate the show. You can't survive chasing off franchise fans (disproportionately women) and not recruit additional viewers to replace them. SKYDIVER has said this (the women part is just statistic) over and over again. This is mainly about not floating a trial balloon to gage the feeling of the fanbase.

Comment

As a Stargate fan, I'm willing to follow the franchise wherever it leads. I admire TPTB for boldly changing the tone and taking it in a new direction. They didn't let it get stale like many of the procedurals you see nowadays, with endless carbon-copies.

I see a lot of people want a change within the franchise. We were already given a change. How can we be sure that if someone else takes over, those fans that turned on us once won't do it again?

Rebooting the franchise means even less chance of what we had before.

Comment

I just feel very betrayed by some of my fellow fans. When did we become so close-minded about sci-fi?

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                      ^^^^I approve this message...very much!

I also agree with others about the show being what it is because of the characters and their setting and challenges and just odd ball nature. Nothing will be the same. I can't much see a spin off with Varro just because I don't really care what happens to him as much as the crew of Destiny. If we got to see what happens to the entire crew of Destiny then yeah sure bring Varro along because this is Mike Dopud's 4th appearance in the Stargate world (which I find kind of takes away from the impact a character like Varro can have...goes for the many recurrences of actors playing different parts among the 3 SG shows), but Varro is the first of the 4 I wanted to see more of. (He was great the other 3 times but this character had more oomph!)

As for the Lucian Alliance part of things. Well, I have to say that apart from getting things rolling in the pilot, I was extremely peeved that they brought that the cheese fest that is the LA. Kiva's character was so typically overused cliche, yawn boring, cheesy to the extreme, eye rolling in fed up disbelief portion of SGU. I really disliked the whole part with the LA. Mind you I did think it was wicked how they ended season 1
                      Spoiler:
                      despite the LA being a big part.

"....three years my friend, three years...."
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by dacooker

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                        I approve of this post.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I'm sorry for any misinterpretations.

Varro would not be the focus of the show as I see it, but rather the reason to continue Stargate Universe. That's why I say there would be two plotlines. Scott, Greer, Eli and Chloe would be with him while Young, Rush and the rest would remain. Varro's role would only be slightly larger, possibly unnecessary in time.

The Destiny would have equal time as those stranded (like the SGC in SG-1). I don't want to see anyone left behind.

The reason I even thought of this was as an olive branch to those Stargate fans that didn't like Universe, saying it was a soap opera. This would at least add a mission-like aspect to the show (same as SG-1 or Atlantis), while maintaining the darker tone of Universe.

Plus, there has to be a reason why TPTB consider the LA to be such a threat to Earth. Granted, they are presented as a loose confederation of roadside bandits in the shows...but what do we really know about them? Who is in charge?

Perhaps there's a valid threat there, someone sending these misfits at us like canon fodder. Maybe someone is waiting in the wings. Biding his/her/its time.

Maybe even a surviving Goa'uld...

Only a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by offworlder716 View Post
                            I just feel very betrayed by some of my fellow fans. When did we become so close-minded about sci-fi?
                            It's got nothing to do with close minded, it just wasn't that good (awful until changes were made for season 2 to try and save it). The chasing off a significant portion of the SG viewers and women in general was completely unnecessary and that is all on TPTW. The truth is that simply omitting the offensive parts (cloe, wray, james) to women and traditional fans and bringing in more strong women characters along with crew teamwork would have made the series a success.

Everything will be better in a few years, we'll have new PTB that will be more true to the original direction of the franchise and we'll all be enjoying SG again. The best thing is for 80% of the crew to die in stasis. Perform a lot of surveys and find out which characters resulted in the loss of the most fans and axe them.

Comment

Working...
                            X