• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire and Blood (110)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON ONE
    FIRE AND BLOOD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 110
    Daenerys struggles with the consequences of her decision to try and save the Khal, while Arya goes into hiding at King's Landing. Tyrion's father sends him to the capital to regain some control over Joffrey. And as Jon Snow debates whether to forsake his vows to join the fight, the men of the North pledge their allegiance to a new king.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 08 October 2011, 03:50 PM.

opening this for those that see it tonight/saw it tonight
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And that's a wrap for season 1.

Mostly deals with the fallout of the last episode, so not as much epicness here. Dany's walk through the fire was pretty well done I thought, really sets the tone for what is to come. They did a good job with the CGI dragons too.

I like that the show lets us see scenes we would not otherwise be able to in the book due to the POV nature. Referring specifically to the Baelish and Littlefinger conversation. It was good to see these two be so upfront with each other. They both know how to play the game really well.
      sigpic

Comment

I thought the little dragons were cool, and so was Dany's walk through the fire.
        I really liked the scene between Littlefinger ans Varys. I love Varys lol, he's such an interesting guy.
        I liked the scene with Bran going down to the crypt because he had a dream that his father was there, and meeting Rickon down there, because he basically had the same dream.
        The scene between Catelyn and Jamie was really good.
        I also really liked the part where Jon wants to leave the Night's Watch to join Robb, but Sam, Grenn, and Pyp follow him in order to bring him back.
        I liked the scenes bewteen Joffery and Sansa too, she really sees what a monster he is. I really liked Sansa here, and felt bad for her.
        sigpic

Comment

As much of a twit I've found Sansa to be, you've really got to feel bad for her. She's the girly-girl her mother raised her to be. Until now, she's had no need for any kind of psychological defense that the real world requires. She's now realizing that no one's going to be there to save her, and her first chance to kill Joffrey she took. Although she was stopped prior to the deed by The Hound, she finally had some courage to step outside her princess dream and attempt it.

My wife didn't recognize Gendry in the Night's Watch caravan until I pointed him out for her. Arry will have some trying times ahead for 'him' to be sure, and I can't wait for season two to watch it play out.

I cannot wait to see who they cast to play Brieanne, although I'm not sure if it'll be until season three that we see her. I've found myself fascinated with her character in the books.

The King of the North has been named. We now have 4 of the 5 kings named for us: Joffrey, Renly, Stannis and Robb. The War of the Five Kings has begun, and everyone who hasn't read the books will be surprised when the fifth and his heir are named.

And excellent ending to the season, and my wife was very excited to see Dani's three 'children', as she wasn't expecting them. I knew they were coming, and I loved the CGI. To answer a question some may have (as my wife did) while one life was required to bring an adult human back from near death (Kahl Drogo), a single adult human life was all that was required to breathe life back into the three infant dragon embryos.

Comment

I just finished the first showing with the encore presentation up in about 15 minutes. I'm all over this one. I dare say that "Fire and Blood" is perhaps my favorite episode because of the music, the dialogue, and plot developments.

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
            Mostly deals with the fallout of the last episode, so not as much epicness here.
            Really? I thought this episode was quite epic, especially the wonderfully stirring scene with Greatjon and the others swearing fealty to Robb and proclaiming him King of the North. Charles Dance continued to impress as Lord Tywin with the war council meeting and his very interesting conversation with Tyrion. I knew Tyrion was being named Hand of the King but there was still impact despite the foreknowledge. I have to hand it to Tywin, he's absolutely fearless with his desire to rein in Cersei and Joffrey by having Tyrion named as the new Hand.

Spoiler:
            And having read now about 60% of book 4, I must say that as the Hand of the King, he succeeded wonderfully in almost every way that Jon Arryn and Ned Stark failed in that position.

I loved the scenes at the Wall and in the Dothraki Sea. Brilliant really, and I must say that I was glad to hear Mirri screaming. Gladdened to see some justice for Dany and Drogo in my view.
            Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 19 June 2011, 10:19 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Tyrion as Hand of the King? Epic. Arya and Gendry tag teaming for the Wall? Epic. Dany Stormborn, with her three dragons? Epic. Jon and the gang heading out? Epic. Robb his own king? Epic.

Epic all 'round.

******* Sansa, you're now my favourite character. That line to Joffrey was my favourite epic-ness.

Also, Cersei and Lancel?!? That was... odd, and kinda makes me hate Cersei a bit more - Jaime's so in love with her and all that, and she's out and about screwing another family member? Mean.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                Also, Cersei and Lancel?!? That was... odd, and kinda makes me hate Cersei a bit more - Jaime's so in love with her and all that, and she's out and about screwing another family member? Mean.
                I think this scene all the way back from "Winter is Coming" best sums up Cersei, including her relationship with Lancel:

Jamie: Our sister craves your attention.
                Tyrion: She has odd cravings, our sister.
                Jamie: It runs in the family.

Brother, nephew, lover... it's all the same to her. Actually, there are other aspects of her personality that are equally... odd.
                Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 20 June 2011, 01:15 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

How much of the newly destabilized political situation is explained in "Fire and Blood"?
                  All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I loved the dragons, Sanctuary can learn a thing or two about CGI from this show

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                      How much of the newly destabilized political situation is explained in "Fire and Blood"?
                      There's one scene that's dedicated to outlining the situation where it summarizes who the four kings are right now that have a claim to the throne. It ends with all the lords of the North swearing fealty to Robb as the true king.
                      sigpic

Comment

That was epic. Damn I need to rewatch to remember some more details, it was just over packed with awesomeness. Mainly the episode was about setting up for season 2, yet it did it so well, and promised so much for the future. "The King in the North," that was epic, and though it had been spoiled in the preview, the scene did not disappoint. Tyrion being sent by his father to be Hand of the King was also a great moment, you saw just how intelligent both Tyrion and Tywin really are. Jon Snow and the Nightswatch marching North, loved Mormont's speech, it was just such a great moment, and if it hadn't been for the final scene, that would have been an epic end to the episode. But the actual end of the epside, wow. Forget what I said about last weeks episodes being one of the greatest moments in tv, this was, with that final dragon scream as the credits rolled crowning everything.

*EDIT*
                        Also here's the inside the epsiode segment
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV0lpoI3sxM
                        Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 20 June 2011, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Great episode. It almost made up for last week's lack of a 'proper' battle scene.

Stuff I liked:
                          - Pycell stretching...then stooping as he heads out
                          - Varys and Littlefinger banter
                          - Sansa, Joffrey and the Hound
                          - Arry and Yoren
                          - Lord Commander Mormont riding out
                          - Jon's friends and the oath scene
                          - Samwell + tree branch = squeal
                          - Dany (I don't really like the character, in both books and series, but the dragon scene was great)
                          - King in the North (I don't remember, as I STILL don't have my books back...but didn't that part, Robb being declared King in the North, happen in Riverrun? If not...then where were they?)
                          - Tywin and Tyrion
                          - Bran and Rickon and Shaggydog
                          - basically everything

Stuff I didn't like:
                          - episode was too short (as always!)

Dang...now for the long wait. Nothing new, esp. in terms of GRRM's stuff.
                          I can't wait to see who they'll cast as Stannis, Balon, Asha, Mel, Davos, Brienne, etc.

Season 2 can't come soon enough...but I can wait, as long as it's done 'right'.
                          Bring on House Greyjoy! "We Do Not Sow!"
                          sigpic

Comment

new definiton of the word EPIC!
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                              - Dany (I don't really like the character, in both books and series, but the dragon scene was great)
                              - King in the North (I don't remember, as I STILL don't have my books back...but didn't that part, Robb being declared King in the North, happen in Riverrun? If not...then where were they?)
                              Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't much care for Dany in the books or series, (I feel like I'd been hiding a deep, dark secret, and I've just come out with it lol). I don't hate her or anything, I just don't really like her that much. She has good moments, she's got the dragons, and they're cool(but they're basically the only thing I really like about Dany)

Yep, the King of the North part was in Riverrun.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X