X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
    Magictrick,

No poison. The Slave simply counted on
    Drogo's stubbornness and foolishness to do himself in.
    Spoiler:
    But she did poison him. The poultice she made guaranteed he would fall ill to the point where Dani would seek her help, thus allowing the witch to kill Dani's child before he could become "The Stallion Who Straddles The World".

Comment

Shylo,

Spoiler:
      That was not my impression. She knew the poltice would be uncomfortable and told him the discomfort was part of the treatment. She simply counted on him disregarding her instructions and doing all the things she recommended against because he was the arch-typical Dothraki. Therefore, he dies because he fails to flow his healer's instructions. Not because she "poisoned" him. She just used a treatment she knew would kill him if he didn't follow her instructions and counted on his intransigency.
      All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
        Spoiler:
        But she did poison him. The poultice she made guaranteed he would fall ill to the point where Dani would seek her help, thus allowing the witch to kill Dani's child before he could become "The Stallion Who Straddles The World".
        This was exactly my interpretation as well.

Spoiler:
        That she had a hand in him getting sicker to the point where the blood magic would be required.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
          This was exactly my interpretation as well.

Spoiler:
          That she had a hand in him getting sicker to the point where the blood magic would be required.
          Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
          Spoiler:

It's been awhile since I've read it, but that's what I thought as well.
          sigpic

Comment

I know the horse people were warrior people and all but I can't imagine that they don't have healers of some sort. they rape, pillage and invade for a living....injuries happen.

dany trusting a strange slave over one of their own is odd. plot device, sure, but odd.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Dany seemed all happy with herself that she saved some of the women in the village from being raped and/or killed by Drogo's men, so I guess she wanted to show everyone how useful they could be and how right she was to save them; and Drogo loved his wife and admired her, so he allowed the witch lady to help him because it would please Dany

I went back and skimmed through Dany's last few chapters. I don't think she(the witch lady) actually poisoned him with the poultice itself.
              Spoiler:
              Drogo was wounded by an arrow pretty bad, the witch(lady that Dany saved) offered to look after his wound. She told them that her potions and tools were inside the "god's house"; she also said that was were her healing powers would be strongest. Dany had Drogo taken there, where the witch lady cleaned up the wound and sewed him up while chanting. When she was done, she told him that he would have to say certain prayers, apply a poultice(which would cause him a lot of pain and itching), and not drink wine or poppy milk. She said that he would have pain, but it he had to keep his body strong to fight the poison spirits. Drogo, didn't like being told what to do or what to drink by someone who he considered a witch and a slave, so he didn't really listen. Drogo said "I spit on pain and drink what I like" I think she could have made it so Drogo would have had to follow her instructions exactly or he would have died, and she knew he wouldn't listen to her and so would die.
              Last edited by VampyreWraith; 19 June 2011, 09:54 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                I know the horse people were warrior people and all but I can't imagine that they don't have healers of some sort. they rape, pillage and invade for a living....injuries happen.

dany trusting a strange slave over one of their own is odd. plot device, sure, but odd.
                They are a violent and cutthroat type of people I would imagine that few live after an injury and if they are injured I don't see anyone helping them. You live of die if you are strong enough to recover.

Drogo let the witch put the stuff on so that it would ease Dany's piece of mind. There is nothing that says he would not have suffered the same if he had not allowed the witch to do anything.

VW is right as far as the book goes it is possible that
                Spoiler:
                they filmed that and it was cut, or they purposely left it out to make people think the witch set the whole thing up.
                sigpic

Comment

I read the first book years ago, and when Ned's final scene came up I literally had to re-read those few pages again to make sure I had understood what had just happened. I was shocked, I was sad, but I was also delighted - finally, a story and an author where the lead character can be killed. Plus, it was not done simply for shock value, it had meaning and it made sense. Ned had made poor decision after poor decision throughout the story, and it was inevitable that this was a strong possibility for how it could end.

In the book, the whole scene was told from Arya's perspective. On the show, we got a much more rounded view of things. An addition which I loved was Ned's one word to Yoren to save his daughter - "Baelor." It was a lovely moment not in the book.
                  Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post

In the book, the whole scene was told from Arya's perspective. On the show, we got a much more rounded view of things. An addition which I loved was Ned's one word to Yoren to save his daughter - "Baelor." It was a lovely moment not in the book.
                    I think it was one of the best "additions" the show made to the story, and I'd agree it was a great moment.

Comment

ned's death is, i think, a lot like Obi Wan's death....the catalyst needed to move the rest of the story along

I'm not quite there yet in teh book, but getting close
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X