New Firefly viewer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Firefly viewer!

Hey guys, I've been wanting to start watching Firefly for quite a while. I've seen Serenity and loved it...and heard nothing but good things from people about the show. I finally picked it up on Blu-ray last week when Amazon had it for $25. I started watching the first episode (I think it's 2 parts right?) but had to leave after about half an hour to catch a movie...Hangover Part 2, was hilarious and ridiculous by the way.

Anyway, I'm firing up the first and second episodes again in a minute when I should be going to bed. Really looking forward to it!

Also...Jewel and Summer....
    Last edited by Brian; 25 May 2011, 11:10 PM.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by dacooker
    The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

I'm sorry to have to inform you that you're going to be absolutely heartbroken after watching the final episode. Firefly, a show that had absolutely everything right, is the scifi tragedy of the modern day.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Definitely tragic that it was as short as it was.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I envy you Brian, though to be honest its even better the second and third time around

I'd give a small fortune for just one more episode, but its too late now.

Comment

So what exactly is the story behind the current non-interest in Firefly? I mean network wise. Haven't fans of Firefly shown just how many there are and how much success could be there? Curious because after finally finishing the 2 part (Serenity part 1 and 2) episode that I read was played out of order...weird...I have to say that this is awesome. I'm not much of a Western guy, but the setting is put together so well it just feels natural in context with the rest of the show and honestly is probably a more realistic outlook of the future than all of the hi-tech planets and races and such we see in other shows.

One thing I was amazed at when watching Serenity (the movie) was how believable it was. The technology especially, the ability to meld current relatable tech with the futuristic tech was really done well. I was amazed and 100% impressed.

But after so long with the fan base literally growing faster than when it was on air...and the fact that some networks who only get around a million viewers for their show (Sanctuary) renew those shows while Firefly averaged 4.7 million on FOX towards the end I believe the number was? That to me, mixed with the amount of fans would make me personally think that it would be a good idea after so long to bring it back. I don't think it was a good idea for this show to be on FOX though in the first place. FOX....hehe oh boy that's another story

I do have a few gripes with the show...some of the fight scenes seem extra dated, the Alliance outfits and sets look real cheesy. But that's not a big deal because the show's writing makes up for all of that. Man it's good!

I have to get up for work relatively early given that it's 2:30am already but I'm still going to watch another episode it's that good. I like my sleep, don't give it up for much haha.
          Last edited by Brian; 28 May 2011, 11:30 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
            I'm sorry to have to inform you that you're going to be absolutely heartbroken after watching the final episode. Firefly, a show that had absolutely everything right, is the scifi tragedy of the modern day.
            I totally agree!
            sigpic

Comment

*raises hand* Also a new viewer here. I've seen the first episode, not exactly sure how I feel about it yet, but will continue watching regardless. The music and feel is very interesting, something different. Also love that there's no sound in space.
              sigpic

Comment

I just found this tweeted by Steven Moffat - writer/producer of Doctor Who and Sherlock.

Another convert.

Comment

Convert? It's a start...

The thought of Steven Moffatt and Joss Whedon working on a major project together is, well, how do you measure such things?

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                    Convert? It's a start...

The thought of Steven Moffatt and Joss Whedon working on a major project together is, well, how do you measure such things?
                    The mind boggles!
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I am about to watch "Serenity" as a finish to the series for the second time.

I watch one thing at a time and was about to start 24 (I have never seen one minute of that) after finishing FarScape for maybe the 6th time (I will watch it again)

After BSG I went through every SG-1 in order then SGA in order then Firefly then FarScape all while throwing in various comedy (The old series SOAP and 2 1/2 men until Sheen went bonkers, lost desire) and now Firefly again.
                      I no longer watch any TV that is not on DVD (except the news) as I have complete control of my time

As for not seeing a good series when it stares one in the face; I look at this more like what a bunch of morons, oh well, can i really expect the suits to understand SciFi?? Do I, really???

I wonder how long it will take for this to appear as I am still untrustworthy to post. Kind of funny because without seeing the post I leave the forum as it makes me feel disconnected and I forget about it sometimes for months.
                      Not complaining or criticizing just saying

Wulfmann

Comment

I liked the Serenity movie and started watchin Firefly ... I haven't gotten through the first season yet but wow, I didn't know it was cancelled after the first season.
                        Last edited by tmoore4261; 22 November 2011, 06:48 AM.
                        sigpic

"I am worth far more to you than you will admit."

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                          Amen.
                          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Those tweets are great! (Just the subject matter, because Twitter is not).

I think the best part of this series is the way people like Fillion still carry it. He still loves it and even though it's a pipe dream, would probably drop anything to do it again. I love how he is just as excited to interact with Firefly fans as anything else he's done/doing. (Loving Castle by the way).

I FINALLY ordered Serenity on blu-ray from Amazon's Black Friday deals week and it got here last week. Had to watch it immediately! Man that's one of the best movies in existence. Broke my heart when it was over...again.

Been mulling over rewatching Firefly for a while now, but I'm not sure...I have to get very much caught up to the Stargate rewatch if I want to join in. I haven't started yet because I was waiting for a buddy to give back my Stargate the movie blu-ray. Have to pick it up ASAP!
                            sigpic

Comment

I am almost done rewatching this series. I have one more ep left and then the movie ( I have seen the movie before). I cannot understand why this show did not make it. I miss having stuff like this on TV.
                              Posting at.............
                              http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Working...
                              X