This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

call me idealistic but

i think the show will be rebooted in less than 3 years.

Trends change, the show ended on a high and had a perfect end to bring the show back and reboot stargate franchise.

anyone else think im crazy.

keep in mind scifi in general is having a tough time on tv right now with reality tv, but it comes in cycles.

I'm with you, jdog. We need to get SGU back.

Comment

yes you're mad.

i'm aiming at a decade, two decades tops

Comment

Anyone called jdog deserves a response and, whilst not a SGU fan particularly, I have actually imagined seeing it return in 3ish years too. Might just be wishful thinking, but with a lack of scifi on TV screens at the moment - who is to say the people won't miss the genre overall?
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Would agree except...... Mallozzi just said they sets will either be sold or destroyed.... kinda kills the chances.
          sigpic

Comment

lol anyone have a garage they can store them in, just in case lol.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
              Would agree except...... Mallozzi just said they sets will either be sold or destroyed.... kinda kills the chances.
              Sets can be rebuilt, you know. That's what they'd be doing for the movies anyway.

Comment

Not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
                  i think the show will be rebooted in less than 3 years.

Trends change, the show ended on a high and had a perfect end to bring the show back and reboot stargate franchise.

anyone else think im crazy.

keep in mind scifi in general is having a tough time on tv right now with reality tv, but it comes in cycles.
                  I think they ended it in a way that would allow for a continuation at some point or even a "Next Generation" remake.
                  Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

With all the ideas thrown out there in just two seasons SGU has laid a great foundation to build new stories, with new sets, and characters. The idea of human colonies out there, the Destiny's descendants' civilisation may not necessarily be the only one out there. Someone finds that 'meaning of life' stuff at the 'end of the Universe' and that's only the beginning of Earth's or Humanity's problems.

I'd like to hope that Stargate will return in some form in a few years, even if it is another movie, it's something.

Comment

Here is Webxro plan to revive SGU :

1. ELI LIVES.
                      2. The use of stasis-pods alters the physiognomy ( to allow us to use other actors if we can't get the original ones ) .
                      3. The journey lasted a little longer then they planed so they wake 15 years later so they see no familiar faces back at the Home-world Command (HWC) , but Earth didn't forget them , keeping a man at the stones all this time .
                      4. We got a way to send supplies but we can't get them back .
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                      StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                      GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I hope it will continue... but I am not sure about a reboot in three years.. more likely in thirty years
                        sigpic

Comment

Still my idea will work
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                            Still my idea will work
                            Or if it comes back soon we could have random malfunctions on the weaker character's pods and then recast any character that's not able to be done by the original actor.
                            Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

And do we explain that Rush is not Rush and Eli is not Eli ? It's like the SGC's dumb blonde became a redheaded .
                              Last edited by webxro; 29 May 2011, 12:56 AM. Reason: Punctuation
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

Comment

Working...
                              X