Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Scenes: The lone piano music with Eli all alone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Scenes: The lone piano music with Eli all alone...

Hello everyone.

Really love this episode, especially the last scenes, where Eli is suddenly just all alone, just like that.

Anyone knows what is the piece of piano music that accompanied him?

I thought it was composed just for the final scenes, because it has the very "moody and sombre" SGU tune to it…

I hope there would be some soundtrack available because SGU's music is very unlike SG1 and SGA, very moody at times and also epic.

Let's hope in our 3 years' time, something good will happen. Maybe the Destiny crew will wake up, and we will wake up to a brand new adventure.

Cheers

Probably something by Joel Goldsmith, since he wrote most of the music for SG1, SGA, and SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Probably something by Joel Goldsmith, since he wrote most of the music for SG1, SGA, and SGU.
      You are correct! http://www.flightsoffantasy.net/2011...-gauntlet.html

Really love this episode, especially the last scenes, where Eli is suddenly just all alone, just like that.
      I almost cried like I did with the end of BSG! Yes hopefully a soundtrack will surface soon, the electric violins or violas are an amazing accompaniment.
      sigpic
      Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
      "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
      Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
      Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
      etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley2012 View Post
        You are correct! http://www.flightsoffantasy.net/2011...-gauntlet.html

I almost cried like I did with the end of BSG! Yes hopefully a soundtrack will surface soon, the electric violins or violas are an amazing accompaniment.
        Oh my goodness ... that is gorgeous! I hadn't heard it before now. It's enough to bring tears to my eyes and make me all weepy. I want a recording of that!

Comment

Nice song, very fitting.

Comment

that episode is quite possible one of the best endings of all time. so beautifuly done. perfection.
            Go Preds Go

Comment

Well, it kind of struck me that the music was a sort of full circle like this.
              The music at the very beginning of SGU when they showed Destiny for the first time and at the very end was extremely (but not identical) similar. I believe this was intentional.

Comment

If the scenes, farewell moments and thought about SGU's final episode don't get me teary, then the music gets me every single time.
                sigpic

Comment

When I saw the ending, my eyes were misty like the London fog.
                  Every time I hear the music and visualise Eli standing there, or replay the clip on a video website, the whole scene makes me feel like that again.

MGM should release a soundtrack of SGU.
                  • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
                  • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
                  • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

Originally posted by Mardus View Post
                    When I saw the ending, my eyes were misty like the London fog.
                    Every time I hear the music and visualise Eli standing there, or replay the clip on a video website, the whole scene makes me feel like that again.

MGM should release a soundtrack of SGU.
                    AGREE. I flat out cry like I did at the ending of BSG. I tried to watch it again, and cried again. I feel ya!
                    sigpic
                    Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
                    "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                    Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                    Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                    etc.....

Comment

I damn near cried watching the ending, the music was so beautiful so emotional, not since SGA's The Shrine has a Stargate episode brought out so much emotion in me.

Question about the download in that link i noticed it's in MP3 format, do ipods use the same format or a different format, i would like to have that on my ipod but i'm not sure if the download would be compatible with my ipod, i'd like to be sure before i attempt a download.
                      Last edited by generaloneill; 13 June 2011, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
                        I damn near cried watching the ending, the music was so beautiful so emotional, not since SGA's The Shrine has a Stargate episode brought out so much emotion in me.

Question about the download in that link i noticed it's in MP3 format, do ipods use the same format or a different format, i would like to have that on my ipod but i'm not sure if the download would be compatible with my ipod, i'd like to be sure before i attempt a download.
                        Yeah, you can do MP3's on the iPod. It's not the native iTunes format (aac) but they work just fine

Joel's death was a real tragedy. Hopefully his life's work is published somewhere. It'd be a great tribute to his memory.

Comment

Originally posted by blevins321 View Post
                          Yeah, you can do MP3's on the iPod. It's not the native iTunes format (aac) but they work just fine

Joel's death was a real tragedy. Hopefully his life's work is published somewhere. It'd be a great tribute to his memory.
                          Yes, that's what I thought when I heard of Joel's passing. I've enjoyed his music through out all three series, but I found SGU music was exceptionally good.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                            Yes, that's what I thought when I heard of Joel's passing. I've enjoyed his music through out all three series, but I found SGU music was exceptionally good.
                            The music of SGU is great, I never pays attention on the musics of the series but that of the SGU has me to transcend, it's so powerful, it brings so feelings in every scenes of SGU, creating a so beautiful atmosphere, dark but fascinating.
                            sigpic
                            by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

I too would love to get a SGU soundtrack..

Comment

Working...
                              X