Announcing SGU: Virtual Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcing SGU: Virtual Season 3

What I felt when I watched Gauntlet was reminiscent of what I felt over 10 years ago, when my favorite TV show of the time: 'Millennium' was cancelled, leaving the story hanging without a so much as a 'by your leave...'

But then some nice people on the Internet decided to take fanfic to a new level of quality, producing a Virtual 4th season (and as I just discovered) a 5th.

[Here: http://www.fourthhorsemanpress.com/A...ction/VS4.htm]

They produced it to 'feel' as close as possible to watching a TV show, and as such published screenplay-like episodes on a weekly basis. They included 'Previously on...' segments etc.

What's interesting about it is that having had the virtual season to wrap up the storyline, I was able to revisit Millennium and enjoy it again without the pain of being left hanging. I can't stand that. Once I learned 'Atlantis' was cancelled, I didn't watch the last few episodes. I have the S5 DVDs somewhere, but couldn't watch them. I hear they're great.

So, with SGU, I wanted to do something similar to what those lovely people did for Millennium all those years ago. And to that end, I'm announcing the SGU Virtual Third season.

I have a story arc in place that I think will bring the story of Destiny to a satisfying conclusion. I have the first 3 episodes in the (virtual) can, and am currently building the web site on which they can be read.

This is my way of keeping the torch burning, of keeping new and fresh content in the fan's minds. Hopefully reading these will encourage you to buy the DVDs, to buy the Stargate books from fandemonium, to watch the shows on rerun etc.

Help TPTB know that the fan base isn't eroding, and that there's a market if and when they want to revisit the franchise...

Here's a sneak peek at the first three:

3x01: Journey's End:
    Destiny comes to the end of her three year journey. A lot has changed. Earth is under attack, Destiny is off course, and Eli is missing...

3x02: What You Believe In:
    Destiny is given a great and powerful gift, but how the crew decide to use it could determine the future of her mission.

3x03: Racing the Dawn:
    When a star goes supernova, Destiny takes shelter in the shadow of one of it's planets. When they discover that there's a civilization on the planet below, one that will die with the dawn, Young is faced with a difficult choice...

I'm aiming to have 10 done by the fall, and have stories in place for about 6...watch this space.

I'm considering putting 3x01 out on the intertubes next Tuesday to celebrate the release of SGU season 2 on DVD.

Would you guys be interested in that, or would you rather wait for a 'full' season? (WARNING -- It ends on a killer cliffhanger!)
    Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

For that we have a Fan Fic area. Start you thread there and i will gladly read it.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/forums/19-Fan-Fiction
    sigpic
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
      For that we have a Fan Fic area. Start you thread there and i will gladly read it.
      http://forum.gateworld.net/forums/19-Fan-Fiction
      Oh thanks -- hadn't seen that. I'll post updates there. Mods feel free to move this thread too if you like...

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

meh.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          meh.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
            Meh: Indifference; to be used when one simply does not care.

I don't read fanfiction nor shall i ever. If the stargate writers didn't create it then theres no point in me using my time thusly.

Comment

I don't read fanfiction nor shall i ever. If the stargate writers didn't create it then theres no point in me using my time thusly.
              Ok, well, but why do you go into a fan fiction thread, if you don't care?

Still

Maybe you like to make yourself displeased. To each his own!
              sigpic

Comment

Id love to read it, just finished reading the virtual season 2 of firefly, was well written and very close to the original characters and included the miranda story line from the film (the original season 2 finale) so would love to read a continuation of SGU if the writing quality is similar, in case i dont see when u post it, can u PM me to let me know please man?
                sigpic
                THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

AFAIK, they haven't yet found the gene that makes one a 'Stargate Writer', and until they do, anyone that writes Stargate, is by definition a 'Stargate Writer', yes?

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

you do realize that once a star goes nova, you have less than 8 minutes before total annihilation? plus that Destiny can't risk getting caught in a no-FTL zone?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      you do realize that once a star goes nova, you have less than 8 minutes before total annihilation? plus that Destiny can't risk getting caught in a no-FTL zone?
                      8 minutes -- depends on how far away from the star you are and...

There's a way to avoid it. A common sense way. You'll just have to wait and see

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

I hope this is good. If it is I will *very* Happy
                        Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                        ---
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
                          8 minutes -- depends on how far away from the star you are and...

There's a way to avoid it. A common sense way. You'll just have to wait and see
                          No offense intended, just friendly criticism, but... I can't see Rush ever giving the OK to survive a nova by hiding behind a planet nearby. He and the other scientists would know that it wouldn't provide them with any protection whatsoever. You'd need a really creative reason as to why they decide to stay there when they know destruction's coming.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Is it possible they could recharge a little of off the nova. I think that if its of a decent standard it will be resnobly succsessful but will definatley be compared to s09's when he launches his sgu continuation

i rule startegic games

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              No offense intended, just friendly criticism, but... I can't see Rush ever giving the OK to survive a nova by hiding behind a planet nearby. He and the other scientists would know that it wouldn't provide them with any protection whatsoever. You'd need a really creative reason as to why they decide to stay there when they know destruction's coming.
                              (a) They may not have a choice and

(b) There'll be a very good reason to stay.

By the way, as a little backstory, this episode was originally written by me for MGM to demonstrate how an associated digital marketing / viral campaign would work, with a view to either this being one of the early episodes in Season 1, or have one of the early episodes following the same ideas, with a view to giving the series a huge post-premiere virtual 'push'.

Unfortunately the idea (which made their chins hit the floor) didn't take off for costing reasons. Not the costing reasons you might think, but I can't elaborate further (sorry!)

After I publish the episode, I'll tell you what the plans were.

FWIW, Hiding in the shadow of a planet is a very effective way to protect yourself from radiation. We do it every day...and it would be more than enough protection for ejecting sun-stuff for a few hours...

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Working...
                              X