• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
    Yes, I said this.
    That you did!
    sigpic

Comment

Question: If Weir aged so much in 10 000 years, how come the ancient woman didn't? She was there for many years longer than Weir?
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

^ Ayiana (frozen ancient lady) was an Ancient, old Dr. Weir wasn't. Ayiana had the ability to heal/revive herself being an Ancient while old Dr. Weir, being a human, could not. hope that answers your question
        sigpic

Comment

And maybe her stint in ice kept her as is better than stasis did.

Comment

I always thought it wasn't normal ice but some sort of stasis ice, possibly from a statis pod that was perhaps damaged in a glacier, burying her.

In any case. There appear to be several kinds of stasis pods.
            Long term and short term. Long term stasis pods appear to be able to preserve persons for many millenia, short term ones can preserve persons for only centuries before they start visibly aging. The pod the old Dr.Wier and the Aurora crew were in were short term stasis pods.

Comment

Okay, back OT. There would not be a big run to the toilets, at least not at first. If I understand the stasis pods, they slow metabolism down as far as possible, only the vital functions would have priority. In this case digestion is not a priority. I think the folks would have to be moving about a bit to get the old colon back into action. And every body has it's own timing.

Also, who says that they had that meal directly before going in? I didn't think the timing of that scene was definitive.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                If I understand the stasis pods, they slow metabolism down as far as possible, only the vital functions would have priority. In this case digestion is not a priority. .
                A slow metabolism also means slow digestion. During their time in stasis, assuming Weir aged 60 years during her 10 000 year stasis trip, 3 years on Destiny means 6 days for their body. those 6 days the body is in a state of extremely low energy expenditure. At worst, the Destiny crew would've lost a small bit of weight.

Comment

i always wondered about toilet paper and actual bathrooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    i always wondered about toilet paper and actual bathrooms.
                    Why? I don't understand why some people seem to have a near-fetish of toilets on spaceships.

they're there. There's just no point in showing them.

Comment

Working...
                    X