Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is your favourite game of thrones character so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
    Luna,

Spoiler:
    think about what Tyrion did to Tysha. That
    makes it easier.
    Spoiler:
    I think you might be thinking of Tywin. Tyrion and Tysha loved each other. Tywin is the one who told Jaime to lie and say Tysha was a prostitute who had been paid to act that way. Then he passed her around to his men to have sex with her and made Tyrion watch.
    sigpic

Comment

My favourites are Tyrion because he is so witched on to Cersie's plans and can see right through her; Arya because she knows is such an amazing character in the books and Sansa (but not til later on in the books). I'm onto A Dance with Dragons now so I'm really far ahead of the show but even with the changes, it is still amazing to watch.
      sigpic

Comment

MagicT,

Spoiler:
        No, Tyrion participated in Tysha's rape. Not willingly, but, he participated. Remember Tywin gave Tyrion a Gold dragon to give to Tysha because he is a Lannister and Lannister's pay more.
        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

MagicT,

Spoiler:
          No, Tyrion participated in Tysha's rape. Not willingly, but, he participated. Remember Tywin gave Tyrion a Gold dragon to give to Tysha because he is a Lannister and Lannister's pay more.
          Spoiler:
          Tywin forced him to do it after making him watch (Tyrion was only 13). He also manipulated him into thinking she was a prostitute when in fact she wasn't. Jaime reveals the truth to Tyrion in A Storm of Swords.
          I guess I just don't see his character as a villain. Even after what he does to Tywin and Shae, you still want to sympathize with him.
          sigpic

Comment

magictrick,

Spoiler:
            The thing is Tryion didn't stand up to his father. He did what he was told, which was rape Tysha. Further Tyrion shares his father's penchent for "the ends justify the means" even in situations where the ends are only Tyrion's own. consider what happened to "Simon Silvertounge". I like Tyrion too but Tyrion is no "good guy". He does what he wants to further his own ends and people die as a result.
            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

magictrick,

Spoiler:
              The thing is Tryion didn't stand up to his father. He did what he was told, which was rape Tysha. Further Tyrion shares his father's penchent for "the ends justify the means" even in situations where the ends are only Tyrion's own. consider what happened to "Simon Silvertounge". I like Tyrion too but Tyrion is no "good guy". He does what he wants to further his own ends and people die as a result.
              Spoiler:
              He's definitely not a "good guy", but he isn't your typical "bad guy" either. I think the series is all about grey characters. You would have a hard time finding an actual "good person" in the series. I would think maybe Sam.
              Anyway point is I can't really see him as a villain. I guess my definition of what a villain is doesn't align with the character. He also happens to be one of my favourites in the series so that might have something to do with it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                Spoiler:
                He's definitely not a "good guy", but he isn't your typical "bad guy" either. I think the series is all about grey characters. You would have a hard time finding an actual "good person" in the series. I would think maybe Sam.
                Anyway point is I can't really see him as a villain. I guess my definition of what a villain is doesn't align with the character. He also happens to be one of my favourites in the series so that might have something to do with it.
                I agree. He's not "a bad guy" or "good guy" and he definitely does things I don't agree with, but I think an interesting character is a grey one.

When I said "I want to not like him, but I just can't..." I wasn't saying that Tyrion was at the top of my favourites list, but he's far from being the worst for me. I like the tv Tyrion a lot more than the book Tyrion.
                Last edited by Lunaeclipse; 01 June 2012, 01:58 PM.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

tyrion is the obvious choice

but i'm really loving Bronn.

Comment

Arya. I also liked Daenerys and Bran in the first season, and I also like Sansa in the second. And Ygritte, so far.

Comment

Arya is my favourite. Calesi is a very close second though
                      sigpic

Comment

I'd have to say Jon Snow and Daenarys (Khaleesi). I also loved Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo.

sigpic

Comment

Drogo and Tyrion

those who don't fall, never stand up

Comment

Based solely on the TV series, I'd say the #1 spot is a tie for me between Arya Stark and Tyrion Lannister. I thought it was great Peter Dinklage got first billing in season 2, and Maisie Williams is quite the up and coming actor.

Beyond that, I've also been much more impressed with Sansa's character in season 2. She's had to go very quickly from sheltered young lady to playing the palace verbal balancing game. Simply staying alive and out of the dungeon is an accomplishment in itself.

Khaleesi Daenerys "Stormborn" Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, has also been interesting, although she seemed to do most of her growing in season 1. I did love the scene when simply looking at her dragons was enough to get their undivided attention, before uttering a one word command.

The more I think about it, I like a lot of the characters. Seems a bit unfair to name a favorite.

Comment

The best realised by the TV SHow?

Syrio Forel. No question.
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Arya, Tywin and dire wolves.

But I love tons of others, too-all three of Tywin's heirs(obviously), Syrio, Jaqen, Asha, Bran, Jojen and Meera, Sam, Drogo and so on... It's impossible to pick just one, really.

Comment

Working...
                                X