Is that it?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that it?....

I've watched Gauntlet, and that's it. It's all over. Did Syfy watch all the episodes in season 2 before they made their decision to axe the show.... I think not. Come on guys, you can see that the show has only just really started to get into it's own and 2 seasons (40 episodes) is just not enough to do anything really.

BSG was good but SGU is far better and that had 7 seasons, BSG even dragged out more times than not, every show has good times and bad times in their ratings but if the show is good, let it ride it, viewing figures will sort themselves out. The last 10 episodes season 2 were brilliant, the story arc was well executed. Maybe they should have started this story arc very earlier in season 2, maybe it would have made some difference to Syfy's decision, who knows. Too late now.

I guess if they write books, we can read them to continue. Hell, I may even start writing some myself.

Your right, the show is now better than before. Season one was too slow. This is what started the axe in motion.

Comment

I'll never get tired saying this -- for me SGU has been great from start to finish.
      sigpic

Comment

SGU has been amazing from start to finish, but even if everyone at syfy had thought the same, it wouldn't make a difference. It only matters how much money is being made and the ratings weren't there.

I will miss it and I will re-watch it over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by cjp240573 View Post
          I've watched Gauntlet, and that's it. It's all over. Did Syfy watch all the episodes in season 2 before they made their decision to axe the show.... I think not. Come on guys, you can see that the show has only just really started to get into it's own and 2 seasons (40 episodes) is just not enough to do anything really.

BSG was good but SGU is far better and that had 7 seasons, BSG even dragged out more times than not, every show has good times and bad times in their ratings but if the show is good, let it ride it, viewing figures will sort themselves out. The last 10 episodes season 2 were brilliant, the story arc was well executed. Maybe they should have started this story arc very earlier in season 2, maybe it would have made some difference to Syfy's decision, who knows. Too late now.

I guess if they write books, we can read them to continue. Hell, I may even start writing some myself.
          First BSG ran 4 seasons and SyFy doesn't make decisions based on how much they like the direction of a show. Its about the money and SGU wasn't making it.
          Last edited by jelgate; 17 May 2011, 11:27 AM.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
            I'll never get tired saying this -- for me SGU has been great from start to finish.
            I agree completely.

On the other hand, that is an odd unicorn/pegasus hybrid you have there, and it disturbs me slightly.

On the third hand, who am I to judge the goggle-eyed unicorns of others? Are we not all brothers/sisters/siblings of indeterminate gender in the great fandom of SGU?

What was I saying again?

See, it distracted me.
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by cjp240573 View Post
              that's it. It's all over.
              That about sums it up!
              sigpic

Comment

And I will never get tired of "quoting for truth" other people who say it before me.
                sigpic

Comment

My sentiments exactly. However, Syfy should have given this show at least one more season considering that ratings were slightly going up (2.5)and some who didn't like the show at first were being won over..................

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                    On the other hand, that is an odd unicorn/pegasus hybrid you have there, and it disturbs me slightly.
                    When I put it into my sigline, I thought it was cute and funny. Also expressed my bitterness about SGU's end. Now, I've learned that he's (yup, a guy) disturbing for some, judgmental about Ryan, and slightly drunk. All I know is that when in doubt, feed him cookies.

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                    And I will never get tired of "quoting for truth" other people who say it before me.
                    Sometimes I do feel like a broken record for saying it, but have to put some positiveness out there, right.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by clone View Post
                      Your right, the show is now better than before. Season one was too slow. This is what started the axe in motion.
                      I agree...It wasn't all that awesome when it started.
                      sigpic

Comment

Agreed. While I did find most of what was shown in season one as being necessary to telling the story of how the crew managed to survive, it did seem to be done in a rather plodding manner. Also, they could have added a bit more "pew pew" at the beginning to keep the attention of the group who like shiny objects.

regards,
                        G.
                        Go for Marty...

Comment

It was awesome when it started. I absolutely loved Air(1-3), Darkness and Light. And the ratings were going down all the time.

Comment

Which to me was surprising... Heck from that post in another thread, showing the viewership each ep got, i was flabergasted at how low we were getting.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Which to me was surprising... Heck from that post in another thread, showing the viewership each ep got, i was flabergasted at how low we were getting.
                              Compared to S2 numbers, even 1.3's and 1.4's seemed high. For me, at least.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X