Dialing Destiny... From Pegasus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dialing Destiny... From Pegasus!

So here's something I've been wondering about. You know how the Lucian Alliance has a pesky habit of blowing up Icarus type planets and how the Langrans won't let us use their Stargate to dial in to Destiny? Well what if the folks in Atlantis found an Icarus type planet in the Pegasus Galaxy? Could they dial in or not?

The reason I'm not exactly certain is that the code to Destiny is in Milky Way glyphs, including the Tau'ri point of origin. Likewise, Pegasus gates are newer so they may run on different software than their Milky Way counterparts. Could whatever program they used to override the MW DHD work on a Pegasus Gate?

Don't see why not. Other than we don't know if there are any Icarus like planets.

Comment

But we haven’t seen any Naquida based technology in the pegasus galaxy, It was all either Organic or Ancient. I think i saw a quote about the Pegasus gates being made of something other than Naquidah in another post a few years back but i can’t reference properly, sorry. But if we are unsure of the presence of Naquidah in the Pegasus than how can we be sure of Naquadria.

Also i don’t see why a MW DHD wouldn’t work with Pegasus system gates. We've seen that the Pegasus dhd can be rigged to dial MW gate coordinates in "enemy at the gate."
      sigpic

Comment

Atlantis is stranded on earth. PG is abadoned so no one knows about Destiny and so no one will try to dial.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

given that pegasus' metallicity is much lower than the MW's, i doubt it

Comment

I think that, with Stargates, we have to remember that glyphs as printed on the gates themselves don't really exist. They're just a pretty visual indicator of what's going on (especially in a 9 chevron dial, where they don't even specify a location). For primitive cultures who only use DHDs, or for the Tau'ri who (at least used to) use a motor to turn the inner wheel, they're the only way to tell what address you're dialling, but once you plug in any sort of dialling device which actually interfaces with the gate's programming, you change the game totally. Entering the MW glyphs into a Pegasus gate may not be possible using an unmodified DHD, but whatever those glyphs instruct the gate to do, there's no reason it can't be reproduced with a little programming. We know that the Tau'ri (probably using Atlantis technology) can now interface with the gates directly, as they did with the intergalactic bridge, so even if Pegasus gates don't have 9-chevron dialling programs built into them (and an equivilent glyph code for Destiny in Pegasus symbols), there's no reason that the Tau'ri can't just upload one - or just bring an MW gate to Pegasus

Comment

Big question, is that IS there a planet we could use?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Big question, is that IS there a planet we could use?
                That would be nice.

Comment

it would.. until the Wraith discover it!

Comment

After reading this thread, a thought came into my mind. What if you could just dial Destiny from within a star, like what they did in Twin Destinies? Of course, you have those pesky solar flares which can cause the whole time travel thing.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                      So here's something I've been wondering about. You know how the Lucian Alliance has a pesky habit of blowing up Icarus type planets and how the Langrans won't let us use their Stargate to dial in to Destiny? Well what if the folks in Atlantis found an Icarus type planet in the Pegasus Galaxy? Could they dial in or not?

The reason I'm not exactly certain is that the code to Destiny is in Milky Way glyphs, including the Tau'ri point of origin. Likewise, Pegasus gates are newer so they may run on different software than their Milky Way counterparts. Could whatever program they used to override the MW DHD work on a Pegasus Gate?
                      Atlantis is sitting in American territory and that will never change.

Comment

Cause other than the destiny itself, no other ship is configured to be able to survive sundiving.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Cause other than the destiny itself, no other ship is configured to be able to survive sundiving.
                          True, but it probably wouldn't take them too long to configure a ship to do that. Either that our they could build a ship that could be capable of sundiving. With the Tau'ri being able to build a hyperdrive (with some help of course) in less than 20 years, I'm pretty sure they'd be able to build a ship that could sundive. The question now would be, would we want to?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                            Atlantis is sitting in American territory and that will never change.
                            Actually Atlantis was moved from San Francisco to the moon and then back to Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
                              True, but it probably wouldn't take them too long to configure a ship to do that. Either that our they could build a ship that could be capable of sundiving. With the Tau'ri being able to build a hyperdrive (with some help of course) in less than 20 years, I'm pretty sure they'd be able to build a ship that could sundive. The question now would be, would we want to?
                              Being most of our hyperdrives we got from elsewhere, how do you figure that?

Comment

Working...
                              X