Drones ramming????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Well we know that, but how would the drones have gone from "Hm, weapon fire not seeming to affect tech, to "RAMMING SPEED all kill yourself to take that ship out"//
    Likely a tactic they used in the past against other species.

Comment

Well we know that, but how would the drones have gone from "Hm, weapon fire not seeming to affect tech, to "RAMMING SPEED all kill yourself to take that ship out"
      It's not that big a leap. The drones don't care about their lives. Their path of logic is simple: weapons ineffective, seek alternatives, ramming speed. When you can't shoot and your primary protectorate is about to go down, you have to so something.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
        Likely a tactic they used in the past against other species.
        That i could see.

Comment

The drones have an artificial intelligence. So they can adapt their strategy.

There are different types of shields that could be used.
          The Destiny shields sound to me like they only repel weapons fire, not physical objects.

Comment

Destiny shields do repel physical objects. They have on multiple occasions. They were simply set in such a way that they were less able to deflect the drones than they would have been normally.

Comment

It was working wasn't it, so it was a good plan.

Comment

the drones do not HAVE any lives. they're machines designed to win. and they likely have a vast databank to draw winning tactics and strategies from

Comment

That is true.. Though it also makes me wonder, do those command ships have the capacity to make more?

Comment

That is true.. Though it also makes me wonder, do those command ships have the capacity to make more?
                    probably not
                    For something like that it would be best to treat as a ship with guns and tie drones to specific ships (to avoid confusion in battle).

Comment

there likely are production ships

Comment

Though we never saw any hint of weaponry on those command ships.

Comment

hehe that is true!! never even occurred to me

good point!

Comment

RE the drones changing their weapons frequencies/etc.. Eli stated that thanks to the one they captured, they had learned the drone's weapons frequency range... so even if the drones did (as they may have done) change their frequencies, the range was covered by Destiny's modification to their shields.
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by the-nothing View Post
                              hehe that is true!! never even occurred to me

good point!
                              Even the command ship that showed up int he Atmosphere never seemed to have any weapon pods..

Comment

Don't need weapons when you've got 1000 drones.

Comment

Working...
                                X