They would never sleep 3 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They would never sleep 3 years.

SGC would find another planet to dial from or dial from the existing one with McKay's solution before 3 years is up. They will board Destiny before they wake up.

Maybe time travel to get another ZPM to power the return trip. Maybe use it to recharge the ship, then send the crew home.

Maybe a new series with the correct Destiny crew plus Eli, McKay, Scott.

A single ZPM cannot power a nine chevron dial.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wabbit42 View Post
      A single ZPM cannot power a nine chevron dial.
      Additionally we don't know if a zpm can be adapted to power destiny. The second a group boarded destiny, suddenly the ship won't have the power to cross the expanse and would fail part way across dooming the whole crew. I'm sure Young thought of this and told the SGC not to send anyone through to destiny, even if they had the ability to unless they heard from them in 3 years.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The first gate in is a death sentence for everyone on board

Comment

You'd think Earth would have contacted the Lucian Alliance and told them this. If the LA wants Destiny that bad, they might be willing to negotiate some kind of alliance with Earth. That's not to say Earth and the LA will achieve piece, but they could at least agree to be working partners when it concerns the Destiny.

Comment

i think they will use the black hole to teleport to the milki way. It can be possible. ZPM is for use the small ships for far distance betwen 2 galaxys. But black hole... think about it.

Comment

And how would they use a black hole? They have no supergate to make it work..

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I wish the Ancients never created the ZPM's.
                sigpic

Comment

The gate and ship require power, a ZPM is a power source. With all the materials here on earth there is no reason why they couldn't adapt it.

Just going to Destiny would not kill the crew unless Eli used every last bit of available power. Plus they could keep things turned off.

Telford and so many other SGC personal would push hard to get on board.

Comment

ZPM doesn't have enough power. You can't power a house with a single double a battery.

Anyone coming in the gate will have no life support. Since Earth knows this, they will probably have space suits, as well as portable energy supplies for their own actions/the plan they have.

Comment

Originally posted by clone View Post
                      Just going to Destiny would not kill the crew unless Eli used every last bit of available power. Plus they could keep things turned off.
                      And how would they breath? See? Walk around (life support also includes gravity).?

Comment

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
                        ZPM doesn't have enough power. You can't power a house with a single double a battery.
                        A Zero Point Module (abbreviated ZPM) is an immensely strong and very long-lived energy source capable of powering entire cities and intergalactic spacecraft.

This was taken from the wiki. A little more than a AA battery.

ZPM is based on a real energy source. This is a source of tremendous power. Nobody can harness it yet in the real world.

Comment

The gate and ship require power, a ZPM is a power source. With all the materials here on earth there is no reason why they couldn't adapt it.

Telford and so many other SGC personal would push hard to get on board.
                          The ship will drop out of ftl and power up if someone gates in. They won't have sufficient power to jump again and they'll be drifting.

Comment

A Zero Point Module (abbreviated ZPM) is an immensely strong and very long-lived energy source capable of powering entire cities and intergalactic spacecraft.

This was taken from the wiki. A little more than a AA battery.

ZPM is based on a real energy source. This is a source of tremendous power. Nobody can harness it yet in the real world.
                            We haven't seen a single zpm fully power any city by itself. Chicago uses the power from 8 900+ MWe nuclear plants. Chicago draws much more power than a stationary Atlantis. A zpm is probably in the neighborhood of 20,000 MWe. The asgard can probably do better.

Comment

Wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X