No announcement yet.

Share a pod ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or some way to repair the ice crystal damage during the revival processed.

Comment

I doubt it is anything like actually freezing meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
        I doubt it is anything like actually freezing meat.
        Interestingly enough, JM talked a bit on his blog about Destiny's pods. He stated they are different than the pods in SGA and SG1, that they DO freeze the occupants, and that they stop aging cold. No progressive aging over the years.

Of course, his statements were quick replies in his "Mailbox" segment, so I may have misinterpreted his statements.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
          Interestingly enough, JM talked a bit on his blog about Destiny's pods. He stated they are different than the pods in SGA and SG1, that they DO freeze the occupants, and that they stop aging cold. No progressive aging over the years.

Of course, his statements were quick replies in his "Mailbox" segment, so I may have misinterpreted his statements.
          Maybe the Pod could technically freeze them, but reviving 2 bodies in one Pod might be a bit of a Problem.

Energy is not an issue since Eli already stated that it could happen that they could end up drifting for thousands of years. I dont think that Destiny can maintain power supply to the pods when that happens.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

This is kinda like 2 people in a pod(emphasis on kinda), what if you activated the stones and send rush, volker, young or who ever back to earth with the stones and then put there bodies in the status pods? would the person who goes into the pods consciousness stay with the body or would they switch? What about the person who gives up there body? they are effectively giving up 3+ years. Thoughts???? I have got to get off nub status.....
            sigpic

Comment

I always thought they worked like some force shield type thing. Didn't they show them in episodes of SG1 etc. sort of like a "field" coming from the back? The ancients had "magic" shields anyway, so the type used in the pods could be radiation like, passing through matter. Basically, penetrating, encapsulating every cell (or down individual atoms/particles), preventing/limiting interaction with each particle next to it. So essentially, isolating each individual particle while maintaining shape and structure. Not interacting with each other, not using energy. Molecule size for example, it would be like storing H20, carbon, etc. in the pods instead of people. Then temperature wouldn't matter much either, but cool would help slow things down further.

If that makes any sense.

Comment

The ones in Taonas and at the antartic platform worked that way as well as those in atlantis..

Comment

I was thinking the same, there is so much room there, it looked like a whole family could freeze together.
                  It's obviously not the same technology as the sleeping beds of "the 5th Element"...

Comment

I think everybody had that thought passing through their mind (share a pod) but have you seen THE FLY? haha only kidding

actually what are the chances on the crew numbers equating to the pod numbers -1?

that IS stretching it A BIT

Comment

Originally posted by the-nothing View Post
                      I think everybody had that thought passing through their mind (share a pod) but have you seen THE FLY? haha only kidding

actually what are the chances on the crew numbers equating to the pod numbers -1?

that IS stretching it A BIT
                      http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3015/teleportsjp.gif

Comment

Working...
                      X