Share a pod ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share a pod ?

Now after thinking a while about this last ep , i have a thing in my mind , can't 2 people share a pod ?
    Spoiler:
    laughing at the idea of having Rush and Young share the last pod
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Hey, I wouldn't mind sharing a pod with Chloe or James

I was actually thinking the same thing, when I saw Rush stepping into his pod and all that space around him, I said to myself "Hey, they could stick two, maybe three people in each of those things."

Comment

THe pods likely can't regulate the functions of multiple people.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
        THe pods likely can't regulate the functions of multiple people.
        Agreed, I doubt they would even activate if they detected two people in one pod.
        sigpic
        Don't touch Lola

Comment

Well i dont think these ones regulate functions, as Eli said it stops all metabolism stone cold.

The stasis pods in Atlantis allowed metabolism to be active but very decelerated, the same for the pods on the Aurora.

N.C

Comment

They still monitor life signs. Stuff two people in there and you'd get all sorts of wacky readings. The pod would probably dump them as a safety measure.

Comment

If they where monitoring the life functions they will consume power , power that the ship doesn't have
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                If they where monitoring the life functions they will consume power , power that the ship doesn't have
                The pods need power to be active in the first place. It's also made perfectly clear that the pods do monitor those inside. The fact that the pods use power is a null issue, because Eli's calculations took them into account.

Comment

still even if they monitor life signs , what stops them from modifying the system to allow 2 people inside
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

Because such a thing alters the basic functionality of the device. It's meant for one person. It'd be like trying to toast four pieces of bread in a two-slot toaster.

Comment

Because such a thing alters the basic functionality of the device. It's meant for one person. It'd be like trying to toast four pieces of bread in a two-slot toaster.
                      erm, on the sleazier side of things consider the... feats... the normal human body wasn't meant to be put through

that said, if the pods basically work like freezers then there's less energy expended on putting two (barely fitting) pieces of meat on one fridge than having both pieces of meat on their own two fridges.

stuffing eli-sized people together is probably a bad idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by gaguhan.galore View Post
                        erm, on the sleazier side of things consider the... feats... the normal human body wasn't meant to be put through
                        Rep for that. Nevertheless, however "creative" humans can be, there are still limits.

Originally posted by gaguhan.galore View Post
                        that said, if the pods basically work like freezers then there's less energy expended on putting two (barely fitting) pieces of meat on one fridge than having both pieces of meat on their own two fridges.

stuffing eli-sized people together is probably a bad idea though.
                        It's more than a fridge. Actually freezing a person would kill them. Stasis pods must use some other means to store people.

Comment

Freezing a human body would kill them because of the ice crystals , what if they don't form any crystals
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                            Plus who's to say when trying to do said rework, they won't break it..

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                              Freezing a human body would kill them because of the ice crystals , what if they don't form any crystals
                              That would require pumping in some kind of antifreeze agent.

Comment

Working...
                              X