Food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food?

With everyone in stasis, there's all this talk about Eli keeping life support running if he can't fix his stasis pod. How's he going to do that when he's a college drop out who stayed at home, playing video games? I can buy him being brilliant with math, but that doesn't make him an expert with alien mechanics and computers. If he's to be alone for three years... uh... what is he going to eat and drink, eh?

It was only going to be 3 weeks then Eli would have been running thier FTL 3 year jump.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

It's a lot easier to repair something if you have the instruction manual. All Eli has to do is figure out what's wrong and use the manual.

Comment

Most people can't fix their own car even if they have all of the tools and parts. However, Eli is suppose to be able to fix alien technology?

Comment

Most people don't have to fix their car or die. That's a good motivator. Eli's been working on an alien ship for a year. He has to have learned something. So long as it's not a severe mechanical fault, he's got a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
            Most people don't have to fix their car or die. That's a good motivator. Eli's been working on an alien ship for a year. He has to have learned something. So long as it's not a severe mechanical fault, he's got a chance.
            ^this. i think under the circumstances he will pull a mckay and get it fixed just in time.
            sigpic

Comment

He has been learning at the hands of Doctor Nicholas Rush, one of the most respected experts in Ancient technology, for over a year now. Plus his natural intellect would allow him to pick stuff up easier than most.

On the topic of food, they had rather a lot of food when they all went into stasis; enough to feed ninety-plus people for a little while at least. Condense that number down to just one, and I'm sure he could last for rather a long time.

Comment

I'd say he'd run out of time before having to off himself (only has 3 weeks before him using the life support would mean Destiny would fall short of the next galaxy) before he has to worry about food.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  Most people can't fix their own car even if they have all of the tools and parts. However, Eli is suppose to be able to fix alien technology?
                  Yay cause Carter hooked up her laptop to a ori mothership database remember. Look at all the stuff McKay repaired on Atlantis little things you need to remember
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    It was only going to be 3 weeks then Eli would have been running thier FTL 3 year jump.
                    I thought it was 2 weeks?
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

It was 2 weeks.

And as has been said, he has the Ancient wiki, i'm sure he can Macguyver something.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                        True. BUT what i would be wondering.. We have seen brody, rush and volkar ALL do a lot of fixing things.. not much so Eli. YES his math seems to be the best. BUT wouldn't it have made more sense on a "repair" side of hose to have one of the better fixers stay out?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          True. BUT what i would be wondering.. We have seen brody, rush and volkar ALL do a lot of fixing things.. not much so Eli. YES his math seems to be the best. BUT wouldn't it have made more sense on a "repair" side of hose to have one of the better fixers stay out?
                          They were already in the pods when the problem arose. To pull someone out and then put them back would likely use a more power.
                          "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                          - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Did you even wtahc the episode?
                            The choice was Rush, Eli, or Young.

Young = dead 100%
                            Rush = 50% he will live or screw everyone else
                            Eli - 25% chacne he will fix it, he will not frak the crew.

I made up the stats, however from the context of the episode, I can accept them happily.
                            As we have seen with many other things on the ship, the ship is math based. As the pod had malfuntioned after getting it 'repaired' during its test, it should not be a stretch to think the malfuntion is with the programing, which we can assume is math based.
                            In some regards, Eli may be the right person for the job.

Comment

I think when Eli running out of food, destiny will automatically drop from FTL to the nearest planet that has food resources. Either Eli has to dial the gate or using the shuttle to get the supply. So, he had to learn to fly the shuttle before then.

I guess, they forgot to turn off the emergency protocol before they set the 3 years FTL journey.

Comment

Working...
                              X