No announcement yet.

Brody's magical metallurgical powers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His metallurgical powers are legendary. For example when leaving to collect the samples sulky-scientist-chap-whose-name-I-forget says he can identify the right type of rock visually but obviously not the concentration of palladium. On returning through the gate with a kino sled loaded with rocks, Brody is able to verify that they have a suitable quantity with a cursory visual examination. He da man!
    "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Tallifer View Post
      You watch a television show about stargates between planets, and you complain about the science?
      Of course,
      we've had a decent explanation about what it the Stargate and we accept the theory of how it works (even though it doesn't exists in real life), but issues that are in the show without good explanation and appeared to be too "magical" don't suit us.
      It has nothing to do with the possibility that something exists in real life or not, but how it is explained in the show.

Comment

We know Brody has chemical chops... he made the still, after all! Also, I think that the whole palladium thing was possibly something the writers thought of as a way for us to get to see the Stargate in operation One ... Last ... Time ... (you notice that we got some closeups of the chevrons locking which usually we don't see). So we're meant to assume that they have the resources to refine it.

ArchaeoNerd

Comment

Working...
        X