This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewatch?

This whole "rewatch" seems a bit obsessive to me. Just watch what you want, when you want. I've been watching Atlantis with my mom. We watched the first two seasons together. Unfortunately, the next season I have is #4. We're taking a break while I try to find Season 3 for about $20. Since my hunt for Season 3 is taking longer than expected. We revisited the movie, have been watching Firefly, then we'll dive into either SG-1 or Star Trek: Voyager. Sure, she's seeing Stargate out of order, but... does it matter? Not really. Not one "crossover" has thrown her for a loop. Occasionally, I'll point out an SG-1 character, but... there's been zero crossover confusion.

My point is, if you want to revisit a series (any series), go for it. However, turning it into this vast rewatch saga seems a bit... obsessive. It's just TV, folks.

But I do watch what I want, when I want, and I pick out the episodes I most want to watch ... which turns out to be most of them. I pop in a DVD and pick the episode(s) I like best and watch those, and move on to the next one and do the same.

For variety, I watch SGA episodes, or Sanctuary, or Castle.

I don't find it the least bit obsessive. And "rewatch" is as good a name for it as anything else is. After all, that's what we're doing.

Them's my thoughts on the subject, and I'm sticking to them.

Comment

For me, it kind of recreates what I missed the first time around, which is everyone watching the same episode at the same time, as though the show were just now being rolled out with a new episode each week (although the rewatch pace is quicker). It puts everyone on the same page for discussion, and I didn't do that with anyone when SG-1 was in production. So it will be kind of a cool experience.

Nobody's saying that everyone has to participate, so if rewatches like that are not your thing, then just ignore us.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I think it's a great idea. If you don't like it, don't participate. If I watch a series I always watch it in order. I've just finished a run through of SG-1 and am coming to the end of SGA season 1, I'm also watching season 2 of Castle and season 3 of Buffy.

The rewatch is a nice way to keep up interest in the franchise, keep things ticking over on Gateworld, allow newer fans to participate in discussions on episodes and older fans to rediscuss things.
        The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Yeah, I dont know what the fuzz is all about, be in it or not. Ill have to see if I have to time in August, but it would be definitley fun to watch it all again!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            Just watch what you want, when you want.
            OK, well I like to rewatch the shows in chronological order, as do quite a lot of other people, that's how some of us want to do it.

This whole "rewatch" seems a bit obsessive to me.
            And you seem to have an obsession over people rewatching it the way they want. How about taking your own advice
            It's just TV, folks.
            and leaving people free to watch shows in the way they want. Some people like to jump around, some people like to watch in the chronological order, the point is it doesn't matter as long as people do what makes them happy and we don't need a thread lecturing people on how they should watch stargate.

Comment

I have participated in a couple of rewatches and it's fun knowing others are watching the same episode you are. You can discuss it again, when someone comments on something it's fresh in your mind.
              Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I think I'm going to particpate in Gw's rewatch that starts in August but that is about it.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

It sounds fun to me - if I have time, I'm going to try to participate!

I've never watched SG-1 completely in order, so that will be new for me.
                  sigpic
                  Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                    This whole "rewatch" seems a bit obsessive to me. Just watch what you want, when you want. I've been watching Atlantis with my mom. We watched the first two seasons together. Unfortunately, the next season I have is #4. We're taking a break while I try to find Season 3 for about $20. Since my hunt for Season 3 is taking longer than expected. We revisited the movie, have been watching Firefly, then we'll dive into either SG-1 or Star Trek: Voyager. Sure, she's seeing Stargate out of order, but... does it matter? Not really. Not one "crossover" has thrown her for a loop. Occasionally, I'll point out an SG-1 character, but... there's been zero crossover confusion.

My point is, if you want to revisit a series (any series), go for it. However, turning it into this vast rewatch saga seems a bit... obsessive. It's just TV, folks.
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I know if I have time and the ability to do so, I am going to participate in the Rewatch too. It will be fun.
                      This isn't about love. This is about revenge....

Comment

If it was just me, I'd join the rewatch! But I've got 3 other SG fans in the house and we have to fit our own rewatch into our schedule. We are currently on Season 2 of Altantis and just started season 1 of SG-1. I'm the ONLY one in my family that has watched all of SG-1. My husband has watched on and off. My oldest is 11 now and has watched more of the later seasons hence him being Jack for Hallowe'en one year. And I think my 6.5 year old daughter hasn't watched an episode before since we haven't watched any SG-1 in a while in our household and she would've been too young at the time to really care.

So it's great fun for us! We just watched Children of the Gods and I did the press pause button, explain to the children what was going to happen to the dark haired lady and then press the skip button. Thank goodness I only have to do that once for this show.
                        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

You made a thread to call people obsessive? Why would you even care? It's just a bit of fun.

Comment

I think people here watched it already so many times that they have to know the episodes minute by minute. i dont get the rewatch part, does it not bore you to watch the same stuff like 10 times? :/ I mean, i love stargate but watching it constantly over and over....
                            .:.
                            My Art Blog .:. A J.F. Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Lianne View Post
                              I think people here watched it already so many times that they have to know the episodes minute by minute. i dont get the rewatch part, does it not bore you to watch the same stuff like 10 times? :/ I mean, i love stargate but watching it constantly over and over....
                              Why would you assume that everyone here has seen every episode ten times already? There are people on GW who just recently discovered Stargate on DVD and are still watching for the first time... and others who've been fans for years but have only seen some episodes once, if at all. I've been a fan since it first hit syndication, but there are still some eps I've only watched once or twice; hardly enough to have them memorized. Besides, watching an old favorite episode with other people can be fun.

I guess I don't understand why people think they have to spoil other people's fun. If you don't want to participate in the rewatch, then don't. It really is that simple. How does our rewatching it affect you?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                              sigpic
                              now also appearing on DeviantArt
                              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Working...
                              X