This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black mark

can anyone tell me what ws the incident that has been following around sheppard? do they ever really tell you

what?!
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

He violated the chain of command and disobeyed orders in combat during operations in Afgahnistan.

Comment

To save the lives of I think 3 men....general o'neill was saying something about it, until it was pointed out that he is has a very similiar record...with more offenses lol

Comment

Originally posted by LostGodAnubis
          To save the lives of I think 3 men....general o'neill was saying something about it, until it was pointed out that he is has a very similiar record...with more offenses lol
          There is no add on to disobeying orders in combat. I assure you. No matter what he was doing. It's also not at all clear that he succeeded in saving those men, nor that it didn't cost other lives in the process.

Comment

HOME
            Spoiler:
            could it have been his dead freinds in "home"
            Last edited by David; 25 January 2005, 02:07 PM.

Comment

and for that he was banished to antarctica
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

but he likes it there

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  There is no add on to disobeying orders in combat. I assure you. No matter what he was doing. It's also not at all clear that he succeeded in saving those men, nor that it didn't cost other lives in the process.
                  I'll have to re-watch where I think I saw the add on. If none found, thank you for the correction, but ima double check. my nature lol

Comment

I'll have to re-watch where I think I saw the add on. If none found, thank you for the correction, but ima double check. my nature lol
                    I believe was Major Fisher was saying was that, in the millitary, there is no excuse for disobeying orders in combat, even if you are trying to save lives. You get severely reprimanded and there is no "add on" to the official record. (Obviously in his own report, he probably mentioned that he was trying to save lives in the process). But according to the official reprimand record, there won't be an "add on" mentioning his attempt to save lives.

Comment

Listen to the Joe Flaniggan interview on GW - he explains it there...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                        I believe was Major Fisher was saying was that, in the millitary, there is no excuse for disobeying orders in combat, even if you are trying to save lives. You get severely reprimanded and there is no "add on" to the official record. (Obviously in his own report, he probably mentioned that he was trying to save lives in the process). But according to the official reprimand record, there won't be an "add on" mentioning his attempt to save lives.
                        Exactly. An individual, from the military point of view, doesn't have all the information available all the time to judge if this order is an okay one to disobey and that one must be obeyed.

Comment

I know that, I have a lot of contacts within the military. I thought somewhere someone made a comment on why he was doing what he did. I'm aware that to the military, WHY he did it doesnt matter. But thank you

Comment

I know that, I have a lot of contacts within the military. I thought somewhere someone made a comment on why he was doing what he did. I'm aware that to the military, WHY he did it doesnt matter. But thank you
                            Cool beans. I wasn't trying to insult you, I apologize if it seemed like that. Unfortunately so many people within the fandom don't have that knowledge. What I actually fear is that TPTB may not either, despite their military advisers. They've made some really horrible mistakes from the superficial (uniforms and hair) to the near unforgiveable.

I believe the refrence (from Rising, between Weir and O'Neill) was that he disobeyed the order "trying" to save lives though.

But than again, in Rising, Sergeant Bates is a lieutenant, so who knows.

Comment

I do believe that would be where I thought that "to save lives" thing came from. I knew I heard it...but it is true, they dont always follow as closely as they could.

Comment

Working...
                              X