Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about the Stargate SG-1 DVD's...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about the Stargate SG-1 DVD's...

Okay I love the DVD's (most of the time )

Reason 1 - Cuz I missed most of the First Season, now I have seen it um, well more then 10 times, till I bought Season 2.

So anyhow, I know from other boards that, the DVD's are different.

I was watching Season 4, Volume 5 last night
    In the Special Features Section there is a show called "Stargate SG-1: Timeline to the Future - "Legacy of the Gate"
    it is Hosted by Brad Wright and Richard Dean Anderson
    When the Show starts it says Part 1...

I know there is a Part 2... I have found a place to download the next two Sections.

Question I want to know the Answer to...
    WHY do they Do that?...
    What am I Ranting about.. Simple... Why can't they just distribute One Version of Stargate SG-1 on DVD...

Cuz now thanks to the RDA/Jack O'neill Thunk Thread, I found a website that has the Video Diary from Richard Dean Anderson from the Episode "Paradise Lost" And of Course my DVD doesn't Have it!!

So is there an A place where I can find that also
    Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
    sigpic
    Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

they are all developed in different factories because dvds have region protection, a regions dvd has its own selection of programmes.

maybe they want us to buy a multi-region dvd player and buy all the versions of the dvds
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      they are all developed in different factories because dvds have region protection, a regions dvd has its own selection of programmes.

maybe they want us to buy a multi-region dvd player and buy all the versions of the dvds
      As reasonable as that sounds, that's a bad way to make money. Most people are not willing to buy the same set of DVD's over and over again just because one set has different bonus features than another set.

And besides, as mentioned above, different regions have different features.
      Or, another possibility is that the missing parts could be easter eggs on other discs. Or they could be saving those parts for bonus material for upcoming seasons. Who knows...

Comment

Just a quick question, does the menu style change for each region with the stargate DVDs!

Comment

I believe so. It depends on which particular verion.

Comment

Originally posted by YEEAAH
            Just a quick question, does the menu style change for each region with the stargate DVDs!
            Yes the menu's on the region 1 and 2 DVD's are different along with some of the extras. I have several region 2 DVD's that I purchased while on tour in Europe and brought back to the US. Because I only purchased 2 of the DVD's while in Europe I purchsed the season set when it was released in the US on region 1. The menu's are completly different and one of the region 2 DVD's has a directors series feature that is not on the region 1 DVD.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              Yes the menu's on the region 1 and 2 DVD's are different along with some of the extras. I have several region 2 DVD's that I purchased while on tour in Europe and brought back to the US. Because I only purchased 2 of the DVD's while in Europe I purchsed the season set when it was released in the US on region 1. The menu's are completly different and one of the region 2 DVD's has a directors series feature that is not on the region 1 DVD.
              You say that the menus change between regions but you are only talking about region 1 and 2. I am from Australia which is region 4, i have tried to see on the internet if they do change but are unsure from the data i have found. Are you aware of if the menus are different between region 2 and 4 because i am wanting to buy the Atlantis DVD from UK.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid

Where can you buy a multi-region dvd player? How much will it cost?

Comment

Originally posted by buckner
                  Where can you buy a multi-region dvd player? How much will it cost?
                  Try E-bay. Multi-region players are really not much more expensive than a "regular" DVD player. I got this nifty little game enhancer for my PlayStation 2. A bonus feature of the game enhancer is a utility that plays all NTSC-format DVD's from any region. I don't use it, though, since I really don't have a need to purchase out-of-region DVD's.

Comment

Originally posted by YEEAAH
                    You say that the menus change between regions but you are only talking about region 1 and 2. I am from Australia which is region 4, i have tried to see on the internet if they do change but are unsure from the data i have found. Are you aware of if the menus are different between region 2 and 4 because i am wanting to buy the Atlantis DVD from UK.

Sorry I don't know about region 4 - try this site they have screen shots of the new region 2 DVD and they may be able to tell you about region 4

http://dvdanswers.com
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I have a question about the R1 DVD box sets if anyone has them.

What opening credit sequence do they use? I hate the ones the SciFi channel uses because it remains the same for five seasons. It annoys me to see S1 Daniel in the credits when he looks completely different in S3-S5.

Comment

Originally posted by Ham
                        What opening credit sequence do they use? I hate the ones the SciFi channel uses because it remains the same for five seasons. It annoys me to see S1 Daniel in the credits when he looks completely different in S3-S5.
                        That's because for the first five seasons, the credit sequence didn't change.

However, there were two different credit sequences. The one originally used in the Showtime airings which consisted only of footage of Ra's mask from the title sequence of the Stargate movie, and the one used in syndication (which I believe is the same as on SciFi) with the clips.

The DVD's use the "clips" version for (most of) seasons 1 - 3, and the "Ra mask" version for seasons 4 and 5.
                        Last edited by Ugly Pig; 05 February 2005, 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                        X