No announcement yet.

Teen Wolf Reboot MTV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad it got renewed, and that it gets 24 eps next season.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      I'm glad it got renewed, and that it gets 24 eps next season.
      sigpic

Comment

That episode was tragic.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
          That episode was tragic.
          How so?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
            How so?
            Spoiler:
            I find it rather sad that Allison's mom kills herself because she cannot accept that she becomes a werewolf. And I find it more tragic that her husband facilitates it, who clearly loves her. And it was especially tragic for Allison, because she lost her mother.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf season 2 episode 9: Party Guessed
              Review Ron Hogan Jul 24, 2012

Party Guessed is hands down the best episode of this season of Teen Wolf. Read Ron's review, here...

This review contains spoilers.

2.9 Party Guessed

Spoiler:
              Teen Wolf seems to be a show that enjoys being weird. Tonight's episode seemed to maximize that interplay between reality and fantasy, with every character getting some sort of hallucinatory experience for one reason or another. For Lydia, she's just straight up having a mental breakdown/under the thrall of Peter Hale. For Stiles, Scott, Allison, Jackson, and Matt, their impromptu, unwanted fantasies are the result of Lydia's nefariousness.

You see, it's Lydia's birthday, and since it's spring break as well, she's planning a big blow-out party. Unfortunately, she's kind of become the town weirdo since she got attacked by Peter Hale. Hence, the party is a bust aside from Stiles, Allison, and Scott showing up. Thankfully, Stiles has some new friends - the cross-dressers from their brief adventure in the town gay bar - and Scott has the lacrosse team, so before long Lydia's birthday is hopping and everyone's there. Including Jackson.

However, while Allison is blissfully out partying, her world is about to turn upside down. Not only does she find out that Matt the photographer is kind of a creepy stalker type, but her mother is dying. Remember last week, Victoria got bitten by Derek during the fight, and now, well... there's no way the family of slayers is going to let her live to turn into the very thing they've spent their lives hunting (at least not when Gerard is around; Argent himself seems fine with the idea).

Sometimes, you watch a show and someone comes out of nowhere with some really surprising, brilliant acting work. Throughout this season, Eaddy Mays as Victoria Argent has simply been the world's creepiest mom. Whether she's threatening to castrate Scott, running Scott down with a car while trying to kill him, or generally being the scariest mother since Joan Crawford, Mrs. Argent was nothing if not unrelatabale. Well, this week, Victoria was completely different. Faced with her own mortality, she was scared, sad, lonely, trying like hell to reach out to her daughter, and completely relatable. Mays and JR Bourne had some great chemistry and I really felt an emotional impact from both theirs, and Mays' scenes with Crystal Reed. I shouldn't feel for her, because she scares me, but I did. The actors playing the Argent family did some great work tonight. They're technically the antagonists, but I felt for them.

The Stiles and Sheriff show-down tonight also really worked, especially when you consider just how many heart-to-hearts the two have had in recent weeks. The whole conceit of the wolf's bane punch (or some sort of flower punch) giving everyone hallucinations was pretty interesting, and it helped to add more characterization to the teens of Teen Wolf. Dylan O'Brien and Linden Ashby's son/father relationship works really well and it was nearly as brutal seeing Stiles's manifested guilt as it was seeing Mrs. Argent's final moments.

Or were they? During Mrs. Argent's death scene, when Chris has to help her end her life, there was a very clever moment. She sees the moon, her eyes start to turn wolfy yellow, and then the knife finds purchase in her heart. She passes away, and her eyes return to their normal color. Perhaps we have not seen the last of her after all (or maybe she's actually dead; I guess we'll see).

There's another big reveal tonight, and that's who the master of the kanima is. Well, maybe it is, anyway. It came in the midst of a lot of people having acid-type freak-outs and the party-ruining presence of the cops, but there was a definite reveal of who Scott seems to think it might be. Of course, that's only one of the surprises tonight.

I have to hand it to Jeff Davis; this was a brilliant episode of Teen Wolf. The second season has been an improvement on the first, and Party Guessed is without a doubt the best episode of the series so far. The actors had a lot of stuff to work with, and it's a credit to Davis and director Tim Andrew that they excelled. (Andrew and Davis even worked in a werewolf on werewolf-on-werewolf fight scene this week, which was fun but not even close to the best thing about the episode).

As for how the events of this week will play out in the next few episodes, I couldn't even hazard a guess. After all, how can you tell what's real and what isn't? I have some vague ideas about what's going on, or what I think is going on, but I can't tell you for sure any of it is actually happening. Is Peter Hale really back, or was Derek hallucinating that due to the flower powder Lydia dosed him with? Is the kanima master really the person Scott sees in the aftermath of the party?
              sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf Season 2 Episode 10: Fury Promo

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  I find it rather sad that Allison's mom kills herself because she cannot accept that she becomes a werewolf. And I find it more tragic that her husband facilitates it, who clearly loves her. And it was especially tragic for Allison, because she lost her mother.
                  Ah. I got the impression that you thought the entire episode was bad or "tragic", my bad. But yes, it was tragic, in what you described, not the entire episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

I thought season 2 had 24 eps? Now there's only 3 left? Bummer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
                      I thought season 2 had 24 eps? Now there's only 3 left? Bummer!!!
                      I remember reading the same thing about season 2.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, that was flipping brilliant.

sigpic

Comment

Well, that was flipping brilliant.
                          I feel bad for Scott's mom.

Spoiler:
                          She had to find out the hard way about werewolves and such. She also found out that Scott's a werewolf. She probably thinks that he's a monster.

Also...

Spoiler:
                          I'm glad that Derek's still an Alpha. It would have sucked if Peter took that away right away. Also, Matt's dead and Gerard is the Kanima's new master. Why am I not surprised by that? I'm also curious as to what Dr. Deaton's actual connection is to the Hale family and his general role is in the supernatural. As for Peter, I'm surprised he didn't play a bigger role in this episode, since he had a major enterance at the end of last week's episode.
                          sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf season 2 episode 10 review: Fury
                            Review Ron Hogan Jul 31, 2012

With just two episodes left of Teen Wolf's second season, Fury leaves viewers with a major conflict. Here's Ron's review...

This review contains spoilers.

2.10 Fury

Spoiler:
                            After the reveal last week that Peter Hale was still alive (kind of) and that Matt was the person who was in charge of the controlling the kanima, it's obvious that Teen Wolf is building to something big. I just had no idea just how many big things would go down in this week's episode. All season, the show has moved its pieces into position, and with just two episodes left, viewers have been given a major conflict.

Stiles and Scott know who is controlling the kanima, and after a brief discussion with the Sheriff, they all head down to the police station to put together the evidence in such a way as to actually arrest Matt for his crimes. Unfortunately for them, Matt's not exactly as dumb as they think, and when they get to the police station, they're soon joined by a very angry Matt and a very murderous kanima. When Scott's mum comes by the station to provide an eye-witness identification of Matt and to place him as the mystery smotherer at the hospital, things go from bad to worse.

And that's before the Argent clan shows up with machine guns and a drive for vengeance. That's right, Allison knows Derek is the reason her mother had to kill herself, and she's not happy about it. Scott, Stiles, and the rest just happen to be in the way. (Except for Matt and the kanima, they may also be targets of Gerard and company, albeit not Allison.)

You have to hand it too Jeff Davis. As the producer and head writer of Teen Wolf, he's the man primarily responsible for giving fans what they want, and this week we got what we wanted from the programme. From the surprisingly high body count at the hands of the kanima, to Matt's long soliloquy about why he's become the big bad of season 2, to multiple references to Greek mythology and classic literature, this week's Teen Wolf had it all. While some of the things were expected, like Gerard's bond with the kanima, there were also some unexpected moments, such as the amusing nod to the fans when Stiles and Hale get paralyzed and end up cuddling briefly.

Stephen Lunsford really got to speak this week. After last week being declared Victoria Argent week, Lunsford's Matt was able to hold off a scene-stealing Gerard Argent and keep control of this particular episode, during which we got an explanation of why Matt hates the class of 2006 swim team and how he discovered that he had a kanima as a friend—and a clever explanation of how his control of the kanima works. Unlike Eaddy Mays, his scenes aren't quite as effective, but he doesn't have that mother's love of her daughter to fall back on. He's much more megalomaniacal and driven, and it works best when he's not talking quite so much and delivering his evil quips to Allison.

There was a lot of action this week. Tim Andrew once again did the directing, and while I still kind of like Mulcahy's color palate a bit better, he's no slouch himself. He's got a good touch with the fight scenes, particularly between Derek and kanima Jackson, and I liked the way he framed the shots of the darkened police station. The show uses a lot of darkness and shadow for dramatic effect, and while they occasionally indulge a bit in shaky camerawork, most of the fighting is shown in steady, well-framed shots that don't render everything in a nauseating jiggle.

The show has promised plenty more fireworks before the second season ends, including the death of a major character. I can think of a couple of people who are probably going to die, but I won't feed the rumour mill. Somehow, the crew has managed to complete a couple of major plot lines while still leaving enough on the table to fill out the last two episodes with big events. Gerard seems to have made a new friend or two this week, and it seems as though the returning Peter Hale will make his presence known before things are all over.

Source: Den of Geek
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow what an excellent episode. I did feel sad for Scott's Mom as well...he came out of the closet (so to speak) in a big way. I wonder what tensions this will bring in the future. I also wonder what changes will take place between Scott and Allison?

So, now we have...
                              Spoiler:
                              Matt dead, the kanima controlled my Gerard, and Derek knows that Scott is working with Gerard as well.
                              I'm chomping at the bit to see next week's episode!

I also heard that...
                              Spoiler:
                              A major character is supposed to die this season. Anyone have any ideas on who that might be?
                              sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf Season 2 Episode 11: Battlefield Promo

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X