No announcement yet.

Teen Wolf Reboot MTV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw the first episode. It wasn't that bad. I actually know one of the actors (not personally) from the show. I'm not going to say who, because of spoilers and such. Let's just say us Gaters are familar with him from SG-1. Now, as for me watching the series, -shrugs-. I still don't know yet. I still want to watch a few episodes before I say, yay or nay.
    sigpic

Comment

I watched first episode (taped) just this morning. Very good. And one of the hunters being the girl's dad is an awesome twist. Plus we're not sure if he recognizes the kid, but it's highly likely.

Comment

Well, I enjoyed the first two episodes. It was nice to see
        Spoiler:
        JR Bourne (Martouf). I like that his character is more ballsy. And he's also the father of Scott's love interest.

I was wondering...
        Spoiler:
        in episode 2 when Stiles and Scott went to Derek's house, they found the wolf body buried in a circle of wolfsbane. I wonder why, when the wolfsbane was removed she reverted back to human form. I also wonder why she looked more like a wolf than Scott does when he transforms.

It was also good to see Colton Haynes (from The Gates) in this series. It looks like his character (Jackson) will be Scott's nemsis for a while. I wonder if Jackson will find out what Scott's secret is.
        sigpic

Comment

I liked the first two episodes. It was better than i was expecting. I though since it was mtv it would be more of a romantic type show, but there is very little major romance in it.

Comment

Found this about the first night of Teen Wolf...

Spoiler:
            MTV's "Teen Wolf" reboot premiered to solid ratings on Sunday, June 5, drawing 2.2 million viewers and retaining 68 percent of its lead in's (2011 MTV Movie Awards).

However, I can't seem to find anything about Monday's new episode.

I also liked that the article said that there would be no vampires!

source: Zap2It
            sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf Episode 3 “Pack Mentality” Description

MTV has released an official description for the June 13 episode of Teen Wolf. Beware of some minor spoilers!

Spoiler:
              Scott is excited for his first date with Allison, until it becomes a confusing group date with Lydia and Jackson in tow. Meanwhile, a mysterious animal attack occurs, putting Stiles' dad, Sheriff Stilinski, on high alert.

Source:ksitetv.com
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                Found this about the first night of Teen Wolf...

Spoiler:
                MTV's "Teen Wolf" reboot premiered to solid ratings on Sunday, June 5, drawing 2.2 million viewers and retaining 68 percent of its lead in's (2011 MTV Movie Awards).

However, I can't seem to find anything about Monday's new episode.

I also liked that the article said that there would be no vampires!

source: Zap2It
                The second episode had 1.47 million viewers. A large drop from the opening episode. I hope it was just a blip and the ratings will rebound.
                ratings

Comment

I'm not interested in a tv series about a teenager using his werewolf abilities to play HS basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                    I'm not interested in a tv series about a teenager using his werewolf abilities to play HS basketball.
                    He plays lacrosse. The whole show is not about him play lacrosse, its about his life that happens to have some lacrosse in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                      That was the first teen wolf movie in the 80s. It has nothing to do with this series. If you had watched the show you'd see he plays LaCrosse. However, this is a very small part of the show. Its more about him coming to terms with what's happened since he's been bitten.
                      Last edited by LtColCarter; 14 June 2011, 01:34 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I watched the first ep; it was a free download on iTunes so I thought I'd givie it a try. The first episode wasn't bad at all, imo. I actually want to watch the next one.

I haven't watched anything on MTV since I was about 16(I'm 30 now lol), so I'm surpised that I actually liked this.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                          I watched the first ep; it was a free download on iTunes so I thought I'd givie it a try. The first episode wasn't bad at all, imo. I actually want to watch the next one.

I haven't watched anything on MTV since I was about 16(I'm 30 now lol), so I'm surpised that I actually liked this.
                          Yeah...I was concerned since it was an MTV show, but they're doing a good job with it. The first episode aired last Sunday, and the second episode aired Monday. There will be a new episode (3rd) this Monday.
                          sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf Review: "Pack Mentality"

June 14th, 2011 8:43 AM by Dan Forcella

Spoiler:
                            The first couple episodes of Teen Wolf were focused on Scott McCall figuring out how to handle his newfound ability and identity.

But "Pack Mentality" finally pointed the story in a direction worth following. The final discussion between Scott and Derek Hale - regarding what truly happened when the teen wolf was bitten in the premiere - made the future of the season much more interesting.

So Derek did not actually bite Scott... it was the Alpha Dog! It makes much more sense to give Scott a mentor rather than an enemy in Derek. Now the two of them can battle whoever this alpha werewolf is together, and Derek can help the kid learn how to control himself along the way.

Derek is easily the most interesting character on the show, and it is not only because Tyler Hoechlin is so easy on the eyes. This guy is dark and mysterious in ways that Scott could only dream of being. He has complete control over his wolf-ing, he stares people down with the best of them, and he will kill you in your hospital bed if you don't do as he asks.

Meanwhile... finally! We had a wolf-man on wolf-man battle as Scott and Derek dueled it out before the former learned about the truth from the latter in the aforementioned untimely conversation. I loved how calmly Mr. Hale turned from normal human to werewolf. And, yes, I loved watching these two creatures battle it out, especially Derek's choke slam. He must have learned that from The Undertaker.

The episode left things in an intriguing spot, but it took while to get there. It would have been way too soon for another person to find out that Scott is a wolf, so when he turned into the wolf on the bus with Allison, it made me angry. After finding out that some of what happened that night was a dream, it made things better, but I'm still not happy that they made me feel so sad for Allison.

I am also not convinced that she is completely innocent in all of this. With a father as involved as Mr. Argent is in all of this werewolf business, Allison has to know something, or be involved with supernaturals in one way or another. I would not be surprised to find out that there is more than meets the eye with her by the end of the season.

Elsewhere, other than the awkward night of bowling, which I'll get to in a second, Stiles had most of the comedic moments of the night. Between getting all upset that the gay guy in their group doesn't find him attractive, and his comparisons to Batman and Robin when searching the destroyed bus, Stiles brought the show back to Earth on many occasions.

But, yes, there was also bowling. Jackson and Lydia are both absolute caricatures of themselves. Still, it works. He is the pompous bully that wants nothing but to ruin Scott's life, while she is the popular prissy that wants whoever the best dude in school is at the time. Pretty familiar tropes on television and in the movies, but severely exaggerated in this case.

Either way, I enjoy watching both of those characters, and loved them in this awkward bowling scene. As much as I enjoyed Allison telling Scott to think of her naked? Not so much.

So, as Teen Wolf takes a new turn in its long-running plot of the season, I have become more interested. Will you be sticking around to see what Derek Hale has planned for Scott? And what did you think of "Pack Mentality?"

Read more: http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/06/tee...#ixzz1PHz2webO

Very good review, and I agree...Teen Wolf is taking a turn for the better. I enjoyed the first two episodes, but this upped the game!
                            sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf Episode 4: "Magic Bullet"

Season 1, Episode 4 June 20, 2011

Spoiler:
                              Episode Synopsis: A new hunter arrives in town, putting Derek's life in danger and forcing him to make reluctant allies out of Scott and Stiles. Meanwhile, Scott tries to survive dinner with Allison's father.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm surprised at the lower turnout for the next night. I've been watching on MuchMusic in Canada.

Ep. 3 gives a whole new look to the show, opening up more players. During the first commercial break, the Much person who was "hosting" the show, said that Mr. Argent looked "wolfish" and figured that maybe he had been a wolf in the past, and was able to overcome it. I'm not so sure after I saw the rest of the show, he could be a werewolf too, and he's merely taking out the competition.

I guess we'll find out more as the season progresses!

PS the Much "host" also said the guy who plays Stiles, was found through Youtube when he posted a video of himself. He's my fav. character of the show so far, right from the first scene. He is the more sensible one.

Comment

Working...
                                X