Teen Wolf Reboot MTV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, well, well...

Looks like another interesting episode of Teen Wolf tonight!

Spoiler:
    Scott was really giving in to his wolfie side. I'm not certain if it was because of the full moon or because of Allison or both.

It seems that Kate is starting to suspect Scott. But then when she was in truck with Argent, I got the idea that she my suspect Stiles (or as he asked Scott to call him...Biles ).

Then of course we have Jackson finding the claw stuck in the frame of his SUV. At the end we see him with the Scott's glove with the holes in the fingers from his claws, and Jackson putting two and two together. However, Jackson should have realized that the creature he saw in the school was much larger than Scott.

All in all a good episode...and I'm looking forward to next week's episode.
    sigpic

Comment

awesome that it's renewed! ♥
      love this show.

and the latest episode was great...happy Derek is back!

Comment

Teen Wolf episode 8 review: Lunatic

by Ron Hogan

Outside of Game Of Thrones, Teen Wolf might just have become Ron's favourite new TV show of the year. And this is its best episode yet...

Published on Jul 19, 2011

This review contains spoilers.

Spoiler:
        8. Lunatic

Well, after a couple days of closure, Beacon Hills High School is reopening for classes, which means Scott, Stiles, and the rest of the gang can get back to their normal routine. Except for the fact that, y'know, Scott's world has been turned upside down, Allison feels she can't trust anyone, Jackson's finding himself cuckolded and usurped while simultaneously pursuing an emotionally wounded Allison, and, oh yeah, it's the full moon. As if McCall didn't have enough to worry about, he's also entering that time in a young werewolf's life when he's crazed for blood and looking to kill anything not nailed down.

Reminds me of my teenage years, except I didn't date any cute werewolf hunters or have awesome powers (I did have sideburns, but that's a different story). Ahem, moving on.

Stiles and Scott go out to the woods to get drunk, because that's the best way to get over your ex-girlfriend and heartbreak, and as it turns out, Scott's not entirely himself. In a recurring theme to this week's episode, Scott very nearly freaks out and kills some random guys (the Alpha does it for him after he leaves).

During the test-taking sequence, when Scott's hyper-sensitive wolf senses start to flare up and cause him to hear every little pen click and scuff of paper and scrape of eraser, he starts to hallucinate. The test answers become insults at his own expense, put there by his psyche. It's a very subtle thing (expounded upon later, and further reflecting Scott's personal issues), and it's a great touch because it marries both Scott's new werewolf abilities with his general teenage insecurity to show that being a werewolf isn't always what it's cracked up to be, especially when your girlfriend tells you that you should “take a break” after you saved her life.

I really like Stiles and Scott's interplay in this episode. Their exchanges, both in the beginning of the episode when Stiles is trying to cheer his buddy up to in the locker room when Stiles explains to Scott the logistics of the panic attack Scott was having, were very good. Smart, because these are smart kids, but not too smart to be unnatural. Speaking of realistic, one of Jackson's cronies finally tells him off regarding the jealousy with McCall situation. It's nice to have some grounding, which is probably the craziest thing I could possibly say about a show with a teenage werewolf in it.

Weirdly, I also think I like this new Evil Scott. Perhaps brought out by the full moon, or perhaps just because he's really mad at his semi-girlfriend, Scott is doing pretty much whatever he wants, from busting a beloved teammate in the nose during practice to, well, getting 'thanked' by Lydia for his bravery last episode. It's a great touch, and it adds a little flavor to Scott and Stiles relationship.

Much like Abe Vigoda, the rumors of Derek Hale's death have been greatly exaggerated. Derek, like Abe, has been thought dead for quite sometime (in Teen Wolf's case, about two episodes now), but like Abe, apparently Derek is still alive and kicking. (If Abe Vigoda dies between the time I write this and the time you read it, I am very, very sorry for accidentally cursing Abe Vigoda.)

Fortunately, Hale is around to smack some sense into Scott and tell him that, just maybe, there's a cure for his particular ailment. However, since the show is greenlit for a second season, I doubt it'll work (unless they have a new Teen Wolf next year, and they just might).

Of all the Teen Wolf episodes so far, this has probably been my favorite. From top to bottom, everything worked. The script from Monica Macer (a staff writer for Lost and story editor for Prison Break) is very sharp, aside from the lame “you have something on your lips” cafeteria moment, and the direction from Tim Andrew (who also did last week's Night School episode) is also very well done. He does some good things with the camera, and smoothly integrates the more expensive special effects set pieces so they don't blatantly stick out.

I also like the fact that, while the cops are looking for Hale, the kids who were actually at the school during the attack aren't buying it, and it looks as though Jackson is putting the pieces together.

Amazingly, this might be the best new TV show I've watched this year (that isn't Game of Thrones). Believe me, no one is as surprised as I am by this sudden, shocking revelation. Let's just hope they don't screw it up.

Source: Den of Geek

Another sterling review from Den of Geek!

One scene that I got a laugh out of was when...
        Spoiler:
        Stiles had Scott chained down and he gives him a dog bowl of water with "Scott" written on it. I lol'ed at that!
        sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf Episode 9: Dig A Litter Deeper Preview

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/67353...tml#id=1667409

I love the look on Jackson's face!
          sigpic

Comment

You summed up what I was going to say about the ep.

Spoiler:
            At the end we see the alpha changing back into a human. It has white skin, so we know it's not the vet. Could be Mrs. Argent even. She got pretty vocal.

If it is Mr. McCall, he'd be a born werewolf, and then Scott would be too. But he wasn't since we know he only became one after being bitten. Or does that work differently?

So many possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
              You summed up what I was going to say about the ep.

Spoiler:
              At the end we see the alpha changing back into a human. It has white skin, so we know it's not the vet. Could be Mrs. Argent even. She got pretty vocal.

If it is Mr. McCall, he'd be a born werewolf, and then Scott would be too. But he wasn't since we know he only became one after being bitten. Or does that work differently?

So many possibilities.
              That there are...
              sigpic

Comment

Preview for the finale four:

Spoiler:

Comment

not sure how I feel about this. I love the original film and it is sad that after all these years they want to turn it into a tv show...I wouldn't mind giving the show a shot

Comment

The show's waaaay better than the movie. I'm loving it. I wish it was 2 hrs every week instead of one.

Comment

Originally posted by JanineGrant2 View Post
                      not sure how I feel about this. I love the original film and it is sad that after all these years they want to turn it into a tv show...I wouldn't mind giving the show a shot
                      Don't knock the show until you try it. I was 14 when the original movie aired...and I was hesitant about seeing this. When I watched it...I was like WOW...as much as I love Michael J. Fox's acting...this show blows both Teen Wolf movies and the animated series outta the water and off the planet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
                        Preview for the finale four:

Thanks for posting that. I was like WOW! Actually...I said words that GW would edit out if I posted them! Of course, some it contains spoilers for tonight's episode...but wow. I am so looking forward to the next four episodes of Teen Wolf and season 2! MTV hit gold with this show!
                        sigpic

Comment

I wrote this while watching the episode. If you've not seen the episode 9...watch it before reading!

Spoiler:
                          Interesting....Alphas can apparently talk when they're in wolfie form. Loved the way the episode started with Scott, Stiles, and Derek in trying to help Mr. Harris...and then the car chase.

The Alpha wanted Harris to look at him. And the Alpha said, "Look at what you did to me." Does that mean Harris is the other Alpha??

I loved when Derek scared off the dogs.

Ahhh...and now we're up to the part where Jackson gets the claw pulled out of his neck. Interesting...he was dreaming that he was having monkshood (aka wolfsbane) pulled out his neck...and Jackson now wants to be a werewolf...grrreaaat!

Uggg...Allison irritates me. She did the breaking up, and she has walks off whining.

Ooo...Jackson is messin' with demons! He should know that you don't wanna piss off a werewolf.

My favorite Stiles line, "Its my cousin...Miguel." Poor Derek...and Stiles trying to turn Danny on by flaunting shirtless Derek around.

Oklie doklie...The text that was sent to Allison was by Scott's Mom??? It was the text that Allison got from Scott, but Scott didn't send it (when they were trapped in the school). Now it makes me wonder if Scott's Mom is an alpha! Dang this show keeps me wondering with all of its twists!!!

Now we have Allison going in the creepy burned Hale house. And Kate's conversation in the Hale house with Allison was interesting. It almost seems like she knows where Derek is coming from.

Poor Stiles getting bashed in the steering wheel by Derek. They almost act like brothers.

Hmmm....The wheelchair bound werewolf is up and moving. Derek said he was the alpha...then I think that would mean that Harris is the one who disfigured his face in some way.

Dang...poor Derek getting his butt kicked.

Next week's preview looks awesome!

another kick butt episode.
                          sigpic

Comment

-jumps back in from being gone-

Anyway, great episode. I was wondering who the alpha was. Now I gotta see what's all planned for him. I also have a theory on who's in his pack, though I could totally be wrong. They might just be working with him.

Spoiler:
                            Peter Hale (Derek's Uncle/The Alpha)
                            Scott McCall (Unknowningly bit by Peter and not a part of the pack on his own accord.)
                            Melissa McCall (Scott's Mother, though she could just be working for him and not an actual wolf.)
                            The Veterinarian (Scott's Boss, though it's more than likely that he could just be working for Peter Hale and not an actual wolf.)
                            Peter Hale's nurse (She did help him with the killings, though it isn't exactly known if she's a wolf as well.)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
                              -jumps back in from being gone-

Anyway, great episode. I was wondering who the alpha was. Now I gotta see what's all planned for him. I also have a theory on who's in his pack, though I could totally be wrong. They might just be working with him.

Spoiler:
                              Peter Hale (Derek's Uncle/The Alpha)
                              Scott McCall (Unknowningly bit by Peter and not a part of the pack on his own accord.)
                              Melissa McCall (Scott's Mother, though she could just be working for him and not an actual wolf.)
                              The Veterinarian (Scott's Boss, though it's more than likely that he could just be working for Peter Hale and not an actual wolf.)
                              Peter Hale's nurse (She did help him with the killings, though it isn't exactly known if she's a wolf as well.)
                              Good points...however....

Spoiler:
                              In the preview for next week, Peter talks about turning Melissa. So, I don't see her as being a part of this. And you saw how easily she let Jackson on her computer station while she was logged in. Who knows who really sent that text to Allison.

And I do agree that...

Spoiler:
                              the vet is acting weird. However, I've not seen anything to implicate him in having involvement with Peter.

and as for...

Spoiler:
                              Peter's nurse...Derek slapped her into next month like a rag doll. So, I don't think she's a werewolf.

Anyone think that...

Spoiler:
                              Jackson will actually get turned? I know he's hell bent on getting turned. He sees being a werewolf as being glamorous and something to put him back on the top.
                              sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf episode 9 review: Wolf's Bane

Ron Hogan

Why isn't Teen Wolf getting more recognition? Ron continues to salute one of the TV highlights of the year...

Published on Jul 26, 2011

This review contains spoilers.

Spoiler:
                                9. Wolf's Bane

The two central mysteries of Teen Wolf, the identity of the Alpha and Jackson's pursuit of just how Scott has developed mad lacrosse playing skills in a few short weeks after being terrible at the sport, are rapidly drawing to a close. The pieces are falling into place, and this week's episode solves both mysteries while introducing a new one.

Jackson finally puts together just what Scott is this week, and he wants a piece of it. It's taken him long enough, but between the werewolf attack at the video store and Scott's gloves and various other hints, like Scott being able to listen to Jackson talk from across the room, and even the dullest bulb could put two and two together and get werewolf. Jackson, as the show has established, is actually pretty smart, even if he is an insufferable prick.

As for the mystery of the Alpha, I won't overtly say who it is, but if you're one of the very few that guessed it right, you're smarter than I am. Of all the potentials for the Alpha, from the chemistry teacher to Scott's boss to Scott's mom to Derek Hale to who knows who else, there were a lot of red herrings and a lot of reasonable potential suspects.

However, when the alpha was revealed, I actually gasped, because I had no idea just who would get elevated to that position of power (and the show's done a great job of directing attention away from this potential person by having lots of other interesting plots going on). That's right, we finally find out who the alpha wolf is on this week's episode of Teen Wolf, and it both makes little sense, because it's someone mentioned only in passing, yet also makes perfect sense, because he's got a werewolf history.

With a cast this large, there are a lot of potential pairings on the show. While Jill Wagner is a scene-stealer and she's got great chemistry with Hale and Allison, the group I like most has to be Stiles and Derek. Whenever Stiles and Derek are off on an adventure by themselves, you're in for a good set of scenes. Stiles' smart-assedness and Hale's ultra-seriousness make for great television, with Hale's inability to take or even process a joke makes him the perfect straight man for Stiles' sarcasm and goofy comments. I'd be hesitant to use them too much, but a little bit goes a long way towards keeping the show interesting, and the way Stiles used Hale's six pack abs to woo a little technology help from Beacon High's resident gay student was genius (as was Hale's revenge later).

It's the little moments like that, interactions between characters, that give a show legs beyond its initial premise. Like a lot of ensemble supernatural shows (Supernatural, Buffy, etc.), Teen Wolf needs to grow to survive, and so far, it seems like the show is willing to do that necessary growth beyond the initial templates needed to make the second season as interesting as the first. After all, we've already had and broken apart Allison and Scott, the Sam and Diane of Teen Wolf, and there's even been a separation between Jackson and Lydia. This is a show that isn't afraid to shake things up when needed.

There are only three episodes left for Teen Wolf this season, and since it's already been given a second season, I look forward to seeing where they go from here. The way things are shaping up is proving to remain very captivating, and the show this week had an extra layer of tension, thanks to Scott's mission of espionage. I was actually on the edge of my seat while he looked through Allison's things.

Once again, Tim Andrew comes through with another well directed episode. The scenes are shot very well, and the musical cues, as always, are dead-on for the program.

Say what you want to about MTV, but this is a good show. If Teen Wolf was on the CW or Fox or any other channel, it'd be getting more respect than it is on its current home (unless it was on TNT, in which case it would have a lot more commercial breaks).

Source: Den of Geek
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X