Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was totally scary!!!!

Spoiler:
    Lauren Toyota (a producer with MuchMusic) was saying that someone said at the end of June on Twitter that there were 2 alphas as per Teen Wolf's producers. I hadn't heard of that before. Have you seen or read anything about that from your searches?

The ending made me think the vet is an alpha for sure. He was never inside the school, and if he was he got there under his own power (sans wolf transformation). He's clearly a liar, and now we know that the alpha has big plans for Scott. He got rid of Derek (apparently), and he's brainwashing Scott to kill his friends.

I wasn't a big fan of Allison from the beginning, I mean how do you meet someone and fall in love with them after 2 seconds?

Jackson is clearly an unknown now since he got the wrong chemical for the cocktail and he was adamant that he had got the right one. I'm sure he's a bad guy now.

My fav characters are still Derek and Stiles. Cool-headedness and logic win the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
      This was totally scary!!!!

Spoiler:
      Lauren Toyota (a producer with MuchMusic) was saying that someone said at the end of June on Twitter that there were 2 alphas as per Teen Wolf's producers. I hadn't heard of that before. Have you seen or read anything about that from your searches?

The ending made me think the vet is an alpha for sure. He was never inside the school, and if he was he got there under his own power (sans wolf transformation). He's clearly a liar, and now we know that the alpha has big plans for Scott. He got rid of Derek (apparently), and he's brainwashing Scott to kill his friends.

I wasn't a big fan of Allison from the beginning, I mean how do you meet someone and fall in love with them after 2 seconds?

Jackson is clearly an unknown now since he got the wrong chemical for the cocktail and he was adamant that he had got the right one. I'm sure he's a bad guy now.

My fav characters are still Derek and Stiles. Cool-headedness and logic win the day.
      However....

Spoiler:
      The vet is about the same height as Derek, if not shorter. The alpha that picked Derek up was clearly taller than him. So, I don't know. I get the idea that the vet is there to throw us off.

This is from actress Holland Roden, who plays Lydia:

Interesting fact for #teenwolf You’ve already seen more than one Alpha on the show. from our creator @jeffdavis.. stay tuned..

She released that on twitter. I wasn't aware that we'd seen two alphas. Nothing that has been said on the show indicates that there are two alphas. I guess only time will tell.

According to Roden, these are the contenders for the alphas:

Scott’s Dad: We haven’t seen him yet and Scott’s mom seems to think he’s bad news. Plus why else would the alpha be so interested in Scott?

The Vet: He had a fairly odd reaction to seeing pictures of a mountain lion turn into a person in last night’s episode. Suddenly he became way too interested in that sick doberman. Perhaps he’s hiding something?

Jackson: It’s a long shot but he did appear to have scratch marks on the back of his neck, although how recent they are is a mystery. Frankly, my guess is red herring with this one.

The Coach: Ok, this guess is totally out of nowhere, but just think about it. It would explain his frantic energy and interest in Scott. Plus wouldn’t it be nice to have an alpha who likes to be called cupcake?

The coach isn't even someone I'd considered, and Argent (which a long shot) isn't even mentioned.
      sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf episode 7 review: Night School

Ron Hogan

The new take on Teen Wolf might not have too much money to spend, but it's being spent wisely. Here's Ron's review...

Published on Jul 12, 2011

This review contains spoilers.

Spoiler:
        7. Night School

When last we left our heroes, Derek Hale was spurting blood from various orifices outside of the school building, while Scott and Stiles were running for their lives from a very angry, very kill-crazed alpha werewolf, who may or may not be Scott's boss. Actually, it's probably not Scott's boss, but still, they're running.

Meanwhile, Scott's standing up his girlfriend, Allison Argent, and his various other friends for a social engagement. This isn't exactly like Scott, so, of course, Allison is getting worried and once she gets an emergency text to meet Scott at the school, Allison, Jackson, and Lydia all head over in Jackson's car to see what's up.

In case you've forgotten, Scott still doesn't have a cell phone.

What's up is a trap, set by the alpha for Scott and his pack of friends. Considering nobody but Scott, Styles, and Hale know what in the world werewolves are, it's not surprising that they walk right into the trouble situation. Just where the alpha wants them, and just where he can exert the most influence over Scott and, perhaps, Jackson. (Remember his scratched neck?)

One of the things you have to admire about Teen Wolf is the way that they shoot around their budgetary limitations. All you need to do is show brief, glimpses of the werewolf, from a claw against a window to a silhouette at the end of a darkened hallway, and it keeps the monster all the more powerful. In fact, it works better when seen this way than when we get the occasional full shot of it breaking through a door or running down the hallway. The full CGI wolf isn't terribly menacing, but when he's implied? Terrifying.

This week's episode was a great episode, as horror on television goes. There's only so far you can go before Standards and Practices gets involved, and the Teen Wolf crew manage to push the boundaries of menace, even if they're taking it easier on the gore than they would normally have to. A few moments this week, such as the silhouetted wolf behind Allison as she walks through the school's darkened main hallway, were positively inspired.

They've even managed to add a layer of interest to the high school soap opera portion of the show, by teasing (or perhaps, breaking up) Scott with the only girl that allows him to control his werewolf-itis (and potentially pairing her up with Jackson), while teasing a pairing of Scott and Lydia (due to her weariness over pretending to be dumb for Jackson).

I'm interested to see how things work out with these various threads, and you have to wonder what this might do to Scott's relationship with Stiles. While it seems to be a bit quick to break them up (for now), let's remember this is high school, and relationships flare up and end in a matter of weeks, rather than years. Plus, the group has definitely just gone through some seriously stressful situations, and in the wake of that kind of near-death experience, a little freaking out makes sense.

All things considered, the alpha wolf storyline is moving pretty well, and this week's show was one of the highlights of the program thus far. For a mid-season episode, it was very strong, and there was a lot of impressive stuff happening. Color me surprised that I'm loving any TV show on MTV at this stage in my life, but Teen Wolf is a legitimately good program.

Best quote from the review above:
        Color me surprised that I'm loving any TV show on MTV at this stage in my life, but Teen Wolf is a legitimately good program.
        sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf Episode 8: "Lunatic" Description

Season 1, Episode 8

Spoiler:
          Episode Synopsis: Derek goes on the run from Sheriff Stilinski. Elsewhere, Scott faces his second full moon as a werewolf, with help from Stiles.
          sigpic

Comment

I figured it out!!!!

Spoiler:
            I know why Jackson is having issues! Jackson was first attacked by Derek when Derek had that nordic monkshood (wolfsbane) in his blood. As we saw, Derek scratched Jackson when he was infected with the nordic monkshood...which put it in Jackson's blood. We know that Derek couldn't control his wolfie powers such and healing or shifting when he had the nordic monkshood in his system. Then when the alpha scratched Jackson in the video store...he became infected but having the nodric monkshood in his blood prevents him from shifting and/or healing.

What do you think?
            sigpic

Comment

Is it cheesy to say that I watch this with my son? First it was just so that I can hit the fast forward button if I wanted to. But then I do like werewolves so it's not like I'm being tortured! He has seen the Twilight movies and says this is WAY better.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I watch this and I like it. I think it's WAY better than Twilight too. I could barely stand to watch any of the Twilight movies.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                  Is it cheesy to say that I watch this with my son? First it was just so that I can hit the fast forward button if I wanted to. But then I do like werewolves so it's not like I'm being tortured! He has seen the Twilight movies and says this is WAY better.
                  Not at all cheesy! I love the show too (if you couldn't guess). I didn't know if I would because it was an MTV show, but I gave it a shot and I'm impressed.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                  I watch this and I like it. I think it's WAY better than Twilight too. I could barely stand to watch any of the Twilight movies.
                  I couldn't agree with you more. I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2 tonight, and before the movie there was a Twilight trailer. I loved it when the crowd erupted in "BOOOOO!"

I can't wait to see what is in store for our teen wolf this Monday!
                  sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf was renewed for a second season.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-season/97969/

Comment

Originally posted by leeman15251 View Post
                      Teen Wolf was renewed for a second season.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-season/97969/
                      This is awesome news! Woo-hoo! Harry Potter movie and Teen Wolf renewed all in the same weekend! Woo-hoo! *does happy dance*
                      sigpic

Comment

Good show.

For you others who watch it with your kids, I'm older than your kids and I watch it. It's fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
                          Good show.

For you others who watch it with your kids, I'm older than your kids and I watch it. It's fantastic.
                          I'm older than their kids too!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            I figured it out!!!!

Spoiler:
                            I know why Jackson is having issues! Jackson was first attacked by Derek when Derek had that nordic monkshood (wolfsbane) in his blood. As we saw, Derek scratched Jackson when he was infected with the nordic monkshood...which put it in Jackson's blood. We know that Derek couldn't control his wolfie powers such and healing or shifting when he had the nordic monkshood in his system. Then when the alpha scratched Jackson in the video store...he became infected but having the nodric monkshood in his blood prevents him from shifting and/or healing.

What do you think?
                            Actually, I didn't think
                            Spoiler:
                            the Alpha scratched Jackson in the store. It looked to me like he touched the marks from Derek, and they kind of glowed, and he backed away. I'm not sure why, though I have some theories. Maybe Derek inadvertently marked Jackson as part of his pack and so that makes him off-limits or something?

I do think whatever is going on with Jackson has something to do with him being adopted though, as well as the scratches - they made a rather deliberate point of telling the audience that in "The Tell". Maybe he came from a werewolf family?
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              Actually, I didn't think
                              Spoiler:
                              the Alpha scratched Jackson in the store. It looked to me like he touched the marks from Derek, and they kind of glowed, and he backed away. I'm not sure why, though I have some theories. Maybe Derek inadvertently marked Jackson as part of his pack and so that makes him off-limits or something?

I do think whatever is going on with Jackson has something to do with him being adopted though, as well as the scratches - they made a rather deliberate point of telling the audience that in "The Tell". Maybe he came from a werewolf family?
                              Interesting theory. I guess we'll have to wait and see...
                              sigpic

Comment

Don't forget...there's a new episode of Teen Wolf tonight! aawoooooo!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X