Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Novus as next SG show/Spinoff ? ( Spoilers S2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I'd take a step further.

A spin-off about the Novus is a good idea. However, I'd love to see a SG spin-off about the Jaffa and their nation since the final defeat of the Goa'ulds. It would make a great re-introduction to many visited storylines and the ones that were briefly visited. It would also mark the start of the end Earth-based or Earth-Space-based SG series (provided that both SGA and SGU got a defenite ending) and the start of a new beginning, a beginning where we would see how the civilizations/planet populations that SG-1 met during their missions trully feel about SG-1 and the Stargate itself. I'd love to see interactions between the Jaffa and other civilizations, seen in the original series. This would feature civilizations/planet populations working together to resolve a certain problem while being independant of Earth's Stargate program and the already known characters. It would be fun to see an SG series that's not tied to Earth. Of course, our very well known and beloved characters could make a cameo appearance via stock footage at any time in any episode so fans wouldn't b**** about the spin-off being set up in a different universe or something. I think that we'd be able to see at least 5-7 seasons worth of storyline just for one major alien civilization that SG-1 characters met during its run on TV. The same goes for Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe. Why not create - for example - one spin-off series about the Jaffa that follows their adventures during and after their Goa'uld captivity, one spin-off about the Athosians and let's say, one about Novans. Maybe other civilizations/planet populations, seen during the three series could be a part of one of the spin-offs and have a huge storyline which would have a huge impact on the overall plot and the storyline of the series. The stories themselves could also be more mythology focused and a certain mythology "decoded" by someone else than Sam, Daniel, Vala, Jack, MacKay, Jonas, Zelenka, Carson, Rush, Eli or Chloe. We could finally see how huge the Stargate network really is and what else can come out of it. The SGC folks could also be potrayed as allies of the covilization/planet population of which adventures the spin-off series follows. Many interesting stories could be told that way. It'd be also more realistic than just, for example, SG-1 coming to a planet trough the gate, mess whatever up, fix it and still be acqnowledged as heroes the next time they visit the same place.

Comment

Didn't a lot of the Athosians get killed off by Michael?

Comment

I was talking about spin-offs that would resolve around civilizations/planet populations BEFORE, DURING and probably AFTER the events in the series they were a part of. But that's a good point there, it's been a while since I've last seen SGA. However, Michael killing off a lot of Athosians does not present a problem, since more than enough Athosians remained alive.

Comment

Originally posted by ginn View Post
          Is there any fun fiction around Novus?
          Hi,

As of a year ago, yes, there is. ^_^

Well, at least the "Pilot" part where Destiny + the Novans address the Drone threat.

A certain beloved redhead is there too, as a main character and major driving force. 8^)

Wish I had read this thread back when I was pondering pretty much these same ideas and decided (around Spring 2015) to weave them into a kind of "closure/answer" episode. All within Canon.

Here's the announcement:

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...niverse-Legacy

It's hosted off-site, due to it actually being a screenplay and wanting some custom formatting:

http://sgu-legacy.blogspot.com/

The chapters that might most interest you are "Part 1: Left Behind" and "Part 2: New World", though Novans play a vital role in all of them.

Please visit, and don't hesitate to comment or suggest anything. :-)

As I see things stand now (keeping spoilers to a minimum) there's several possible "branching" points for the "StarGate: Novus" spin-off:

* Historical Novus.
          * The 40+ years.
          * The 50 years. Which could include plenty flashbacks to "Historical Novus" and "The 40+ years".
          * The Present. Which could include Destiny, the Drones, the Nakai, and just about everything.

Hope I'm not too late with my contribution.

Comment

Working...
          X