Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Novus as next SG show/Spinoff ? ( Spoilers S2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Novus as next SG show/Spinoff ? ( Spoilers S2)

I was just thinking that if someone wanted to do a new Stargate show they might want to base it around Novus. First of all its in a different galaxy altogether so we can once again get the nice sense of being underpowered from the first few seasons of SG 1 or first season of Atlantis.
    Also this might serve as sort of a soft reboot since the canon is kept but its pretty much irrelevant. You have the bad guys (drones and maybe even the blue alliens) already established. You could build brand new mythology, and have the first episode be Destiny dropping off their descendants on the planet with cameos from well established characters.
    It might even serve to get the Universe fans interested as this would pretty be a spinoff to universe. What do you guys think?

I think it would be great-but from what I've read it sounds like there's not going to be any new Stargate for awhile.........

Comment

I think that would be awesome! I'd love to see a series set in the time between the start of the colony Destiny first encountered and the departure from Novus. This way, gate travel would still be a big theme in the series. Of course, some alien enemy would be needed, so I vote for the Smurfs.

It would be awesome, battling both Smurfs and the seismic problems on Novus. Later on, they could even build the Drones as a weapon against the Smurfs, only for it to backfire.

It would probably be in violation of the scientific ideas of modern Stargate, but Stargate is known for changing those ideas, so I don't mind if they go back to their 1969 point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario007 View Post
        I was just thinking that if someone wanted to do a new Stargate show they might want to base it around Novus. First of all its in a different galaxy altogether so we can once again get the nice sense of being underpowered from the first few seasons of SG 1 or first season of Atlantis.
        Also this might serve as sort of a soft reboot since the canon is kept but its pretty much irrelevant. You have the bad guys (drones and maybe even the blue alliens) already established. You could build brand new mythology, and have the first episode be Destiny dropping off their descendants on the planet with cameos from well established characters.
        It might even serve to get the Universe fans interested as this would pretty be a spinoff to universe. What do you guys think?
        Interesting idea
        sigpic

Comment

They are a cool option in terms of potential but the storyline so far presents a little bit of a problem. A pilot ep would have to address how the Novans can use the gates without bringing drones raining down on them. In terms of alien interaction, the pilot would also have to show why any potential aliens present at a get seeded world wouldn't be immediately destroyed by the drones. Personally I have no problem with exploration in a galaxy wiped of advanced aliens (I like settings like that), though commentary over SGU is riddled with people bawling that there weren't enough aliens. Unfortunately in a drone infested galaxy, the likelihood of finding anyone else at a gate is pretty slim.

Comment

It would be awesome, battling both Smurfs and the seismic problems on Novus. Later on, they could even build the Drones as a weapon against the Smurfs, only for it to backfire.
            Since Novans had no FTL drives (as stated in the show) how would the drones be everywhere they have been (at every star waiting for Destiny)? Won't work.

Comment

Did the drones even know of them before we got there??

Comment

I'd watch it.

Comment

SG colonization would be another option. I'm afraid the LOSTGU wouldn't make it.

Comment

The drones have the ability to travel faster than light. The command ship appeared out of no where to attack the shuttle.

I'd watch a Novus stargate series. I'd watch any new stargate series.

I'd like to see them unravel the origins of the Ancients, expand it from the SG1 series.
                    Maybe Destiny was really going back to the Ancient's galaxy of origin to see if it was safe.

Comment

I'd much rather see an Earth-based colony (as long as the Stargate wasn't reveled to the public).

Comment

Originally posted by clone View Post
                        The drones have the ability to travel faster than light. The command ship appeared out of no where to attack the shuttle.

I'd watch a Novus stargate series. I'd watch any new stargate series.

I'd like to see them unravel the origins of the Ancients, expand it from the SG1 series.
                        Maybe Destiny was really going back to the Ancient's galaxy of origin to see if it was safe.
                        Unlikely
                        sigpic

Comment

that definitely sounds interesting, perhaps the novans also develop a weapons system that can go up against the drones and smurfs shortly before leaving novus because of detecting those 2 threats. could be the reunited novus version of homeland security

Comment

that would be awesome! i definetly would watch it.

i could start with an intro scene with the sgu crew. then most of the show would take place between them senting up colonies and what let to the distruction.
                            sigpic

Comment

Is there any fun fiction around Novus?

Comment

Working...
                              X