X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The number of pods

Isn't that a bit too convenient?

Quoted from my own post in the main thread:

Except that that did not happen. They never said they were precisely eight short. They said (thanks Callie for the transcrtipt):

VOLKER: Well, as you know, we’ve been powering up all the stasis pod corridors and it’s been ... it’s been going pretty well up until now. But, uh ...
    YOUNG: Well, what is it?
    VOLKER: It’s the last section. It must have taken some damage, possibly even before we came on board the ship. We can’t bring those pods online, so we’re not gonna have enough for everyone.
    BRODY: The damaged pods put us eight short of the total we need.

Later, Eli says...

WALLACE: We repaired the eight pods, but one of them was more damaged than we thought. It came online with the rest of them, but when we ran final checks, it just ... died. We might be one short.

They didn't say how many were damaged, just that some of them were damaged and they were, therefore, eight short.
    sigpic

Comment

Meh, no less convenient than every other SG episode plot solution ever in the history of everything, but it's a hell of a lot better than the wormhole drive.

In fact, I suppose it's supposed to lend credence to Rush's statement last week about the ship not being a passenger ship. Sixty, or maybe less, crew, or so. Eight pods in each room... I'll say there's about eight stasis chambers...

Meh. Either way. Yes. It is convenient, but I'll forgive it. I'm good that way.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

It also stands to reason that there are other pod rooms they just have not found OR they can't bring online for power reasons

Comment

It is indeed convenient, so I like to think there were a couple of chambers more which were badly damaged, and that the chamber with 8 that they fixed was one of those. After fixing them 1 of them just died, but is still in better shape than the other couple rooms they didn't use.

But yeah, a tad convenient, but at least it served the plot instead of the wormhole drive taking over the job of the hyperdrive.

Comment

But it's not convenient, because they never said they were precisely eight short! They said a section was damaged, therefore they were eight short, meaning they had eight more people than working pods. They fixed eight (that they needed) with the mineral, but one of them died. They never said there weren't more than eight broken.
            sigpic

Comment

It sort of sucks that LA people were in pods and there was a terran going short.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                It sort of sucks that LA people were in pods and there was a terran going short.
                I think Varro's the only LA left.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  I think Varro's the only LA left.
                  On the contrary, Gin is there... albeit, not physically.. just tucked away somewhere in Destiny's memory banks. =)

Comment

Originally posted by qingdom View Post
                    On the contrary, Gin is there... albeit, not physically.. just tucked away somewhere in Destiny's memory banks. =)
                    She doesn't count
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Maths girl actually counts quite well as it happens...

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        Maths girl actually counts quite well as it happens...
                        He meant she didn't need a stasis pod, so in terms of people using stasis pods, she wasn't a consideration.

Comment

If you take life too seriously, it ceases to be fun -Alan Shore

But yeah, I found it a bit convenient too, it would have been better to say "we could only fix eight of the remaining pods" rather than "we fixed the eight pods". Eli was left to fix the (only) remaining pod, or at least that's what the episode seemed to imply...

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            Isn't that a bit too convenient?
                            They couldn't power the last section of pods, putting 8 people into a bad spot and giving them the "8 short" line.

There wasn't only 8 pods in the last section, just 8 people would get screwed.
                            sigpic
                            ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                              He meant she didn't need a stasis pod, so in terms of people using stasis pods, she wasn't a consideration.
                              woosh

Comment

Working...
                              X