Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LA dials Destiny while everyone is in the status pods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LA dials Destiny while everyone is in the status pods.

I'm sure LA is planning on dialing Destiny again. If they knew the current status of Destiny with everyone in the pods that would be a good way to take over the ship. Knowing of course Destiny would have to drop out of FTL and could be near the drones.

There isnt enough power so they would all die.

Comment

I assume they turned the power off to the stargate. Oh wait they did. I'm sure that they would have disabled the stargate. It seems a kind of stupid thing to forget.

Comment

I thought the recieving gate draw its power from subspace therefor wouldnt require any external power.

Short is, if the LA gate in the ship will drop out of FTL and power up as it did when the team first gated onboard.

If this is done before Destiny leaves this galaxy then there could be chance to recharge and see how it goes, however if they gate in while Destiny is between galaxys then its pretty much game over...

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
          I thought the recieving gate draw its power from subspace therefor wouldnt require any external power.
          No, the receiving gate will supply power if the dialing end is cut off from its power source, but not from subspace.

Comment

I thought all the power for a gate connection came from the dialing gate.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
              I thought all the power for a gate connection came from the dialing gate.
              See "48 Hours", the receiving gate will supply energy if the dialing end loses power, just to let the travelers through.

Comment

Originally posted by actuallyliam View Post
                I assume they turned the power off to the stargate. Oh wait they did. I'm sure that they would have disabled the stargate. It seems a kind of stupid thing to forget.
                What he said. They would be stupid if they did not disable the Gate and when its disabled it cannot be dailed. They did not have that option before, but with the master code broken there is no problem in taking the Gate off the Grid.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                  What he said. They would be stupid if they did not disable the Gate and when its disabled it cannot be dailed. They did not have that option before, but with the master code broken there is no problem in taking the Gate off the Grid.
                  Well the gate room won't have life support anyway so yeah.

Also, where exactly is LA going to dial in from?

Comment

Though what exactly "on the grid" means for Destiny's gate i arent quite sure

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by actuallyliam View Post
                      Power was off to it in the beginning. BUT that didn't stop our people getting there in Air..

Also, where exactly is LA going to dial in from?
                      They take over Langara

Comment

or they could have fourth naquadria planet out there. An was simply using Langara as a diversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                          Though what exactly "on the grid" means for Destiny's gate i arent quite sure

N.C
                          Sam used that term various times when talking about the Gate Network.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Power was off to it in the beginning. BUT that didn't stop our people getting there in Air..

They take over Langara
                          We know several ways to make a Gate undailable. Any chance somebody got an instant Iris in their pocket?
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

We know several ways to make a Gate undailable. Any chance somebody got an instant Iris in their pocket?
                            Do we? I thought only way we knew was to put an iris so close to where the event horizon would form that even the kawoosh cannot stabilise, which was definitely shown not to happen on Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                              Do we? I thought only way we knew was to put an iris so close to where the event horizon would form that even the kawoosh cannot stabilise, which was definitely shown not to happen on Destiny.
                              Anything blocking the Event Horizon would work, doesnt need to be the Iris.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                              X