This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
    Yes the rewatch is going to start with the first season of SG-1.
    Although you could start with the '94 movie first if you wish.
    Thanks! And that begins Aug. 1st? I'll have to re-start then, as I am currently working on a fic that requires me to watch the movie again. LOVE my SG-1.
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      Thanks! And that begins Aug. 1st? I'll have to re-start then, as I am currently working on a fic that requires me to watch the movie again. LOVE my SG-1.
      Sounds like it will be an interesting fic. ;-)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
        Sounds like it will be an interesting fic. ;-)
        It's not anywhere near as interesting as your current project (I'm not sure I have it in me to write on the scale that you are)!

It's a gift for a GW member. It's unabashedly S/J ship...so only interesting to members of that persuasion -but hopefully not over the top -mostly learning his reputation and developing admiration.

But it focuses on Sam's work on the gate prior to the events of the SG-1 series (at the meeting she says she worked on the gate for 2 years before O'Neill, and the others went though and she should have been on that team). She was at the Pentagon during that time.

So I need to review the events of the movie in order to glean any information that is relevant.
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

It still sounds like an interesting and ambitious project, though. (And by the way, thanks for the compliment!)

I just watched the movie again recently, in the process of introducing yet another friend to the franchise, and most of what you'll learn about the gate research is in the first twenty minutes or so of the movie.

Good luck with your story!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
          sigpic
          now also appearing on DeviantArt
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

So Darren, how come you guys won't alternate episodes with SG-1 seasons 8-10 and Atlantis seasons 1-3? That's the way a canon nazi like me always watches! :]

Comment

The goal is to keep the Rewatch discretely to one season per month, and also to minimize confusion for the most casual participants. SG-1 has its own story, and Atlantis has its own story -- and although they were aired together, rarely do they actually intersect.

So, for example, since SG-1 Season Nine has an arc to it, it would be an interruption to break off from the Ori invasion to check in on what Sheppard's team is up to fighting the Wraith. Imagine watching the cliffhanger season finale "Camelot" and then popping over (for one episode, or for a full month!) to the Pegasus Galaxy to watch Sheppard and McKay try and stop Michael's hive ship in "No Man's Land." Interlacing episodes or seasons makes their respective stories dissonant.

So the plan is to watch SG-1's story, then Atlantis's story, then Destiny's story.
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I agree with Darren. Keep the stories separate. That's the way i watched them and it made much more sense.
                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Fair enough. Not the way I watch, but I certainly see the logic in it. Can't wait 'til August.

Comment

I'm just completing a rewatch that a friend and I have been doing for almost a year now, but I am more than eager to begin anew! I have other friends who wanted to get involved but didn't want to watch it alone, and our schedules rarely coincided. This way, we can watch it together at our own paces.

sigpic

Comment

I cannot begin to express how much i am looking forward to this! It'll be like returning to my childhood!

Even though i'd give anything for an SGU Season 3, the Stargate Rewatch has me equally excited!

On a side note; will there be any mention or affiliation with the guys over at 'The Fifth Race' podcast?

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

Boy it's been a long time since I've posted here!

After spending the last couple months in a state of disarray, watching mismatched seasons, I'm excited that you guys came up with this brilliant idea. So brilliant, I've convinced one of my friends to try and join in. Of course, due to some travel concerns, I'll make sure to figure out a way to get my DVD sets to him, and decide, if I'll watch first, or him.

Comment

This is a fantastic idea, count me in!

Comment

My first post Ive been watching SG for so long time but just recently i found this forum and im so happy and excited to participate in this great event cant wait

Comment

This is a great idea! i'll see if i can find the time.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm so down for this! Count me in!

Comment

Working...
                                X