Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great idea. I usually waste half an hour deciding which episode to watch. This makes the decision easy. Looking forward to getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
      do u happen to live in eastern MA, USA? we just had a hurricane in some parts of the state
      Southern Ontario, in Canada. No where near there, sorry.

Comment

I've been recruiting more watchers, this is going to be super fun. too bad syfy is not going to get in on this, it would boost the re-run ratings for sure. then maybe they could put the extra money into making SG movies, or boosting the advertising budgets for current shows, etc...

Comment

All my DVDs are lined up in a place of honor and I'll admit... I've jumped the gun a bit and have watched the original movie.. and I might have to start season 1 of SG1 too...

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
            do u happen to live in eastern MA, USA? we just had a hurricane in some parts of the state
            I live in mass. And the proper term is tornados. And or just servere storms
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

tornadoes are violent wind storms that spin down from super cell thunderstorms.
              water spouts are tornadoes that form over water
              hurricanes are severe storms that develop over the ocean. they have a sustained wind speed of 80+ miles per hour and a defined 'eye' (storm free middle of the storm)
              A typhoon is basically a hurricane that forms over the pacific ocean.

tornadoes and waterspouts last minutes, rarely hours.
              Hurricanes usually last for days or weeks. they develop over the warm water and gain strength. most damage is done when they 'make landfall', and it's wind and torrential rain and flooding/storm surge. Most ships anymore have navigation controls to avoid going into a hurricane, and the biggest issue water based storms create is inconvenience to shipping. Their main damage comes when they hit land fall.

with tornadoes and water spouts it's usually wind damage

tornadoes can also bring with them heavy rain and hail and lightening

NORMALLY, tornadoes are land based storms, hurricanes are ocean/coastal storms (we do occasionally get a hurricane that makes it to the middle of the country, but by the time it gets here it's just heavy rain and some wind)

most tornadoes spin out in the middle of a field and damage a few trees (the only ones that make the news are the ones that hit towns), most hurricanes spin out harmlessly in the middle of the ocean.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Is gate world going to post new threads in each of the episode sub-forums specifically for the re-watch? I think that would be cool. Looking forward to it. And since I joined the Franchise so late I would love to talk about every episode with other fans!
                Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

I am definitely going to try to keep up with the rewatch, oh yeah!

Comment

Me too! I'm looking forward to experience that rewatch with fans from all around the world!

And I can tell you, being quiet active on the french-speaking SG-Forum, that in France, Switzerland, Belgium, Canada and other countries, we are many to want to make that with you all !

STARGATE WILL NEVER DIE, because of us, fans,
                    Stargate Network, a Stargate 3D Fan-Game. Find our demo on ModDB.
                    And comment it on this GW Forum Thread

Comment

I am so looking forward to this. I've actually been counting down the days. I've browsed this site many times. I finally decided to join in so I can discuss this with everyone. It's good to be among like minded people who recognize how great this franchise is and can appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by d.jackson View Post
                        I am so looking forward to this. I've actually been counting down the days. I've browsed this site many times. I finally decided to join in so I can discuss this with everyone. It's good to be among like minded people who recognize how great this franchise is and can appreciate it.
                        I did the same, lurked for about a year before I joined....and look, I joined almost five years ago already!!! Time flies when you're having fun! I was happy to find GW for the same reason as you, being able to chat to like minded people. I'm really looking forward to this as it's so nice to see so many new faces on GW coming to talk about Stargate from the first SG-1 episode onwards. It will be fun seeing all the different things people notice and like or think...hmmm?? about each episode. It will take me back to the fun of discussing the episodes again.

Comment

Hi,

at first i need to say sorry for my bad english, but in germany i don't have heard about some nice event like this. So i need to register on this nice site.
                          A few years ago, i have started to look stargate to improve my english.
                          Only problem i switched back to german .
                          If the stargate rewatch is started, i wanna watch in english and perhabs i improve my english

Dumdidu

Comment

Originally posted by Dumdidu View Post
                            Hi,

at first i need to say sorry for my bad english, but in germany i don't have heard about some nice event like this. So i need to register on this nice site.
                            If the stargate rewatch is started, i wanna watch in english and perhabs i improve my english

Dumdidu
                            Welcome to Gateworld. The Stargate re-watch begins on August 1st. You can find the schedule here http://www.gateworld.net/news/stargate-rewatch/
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dumdidu View Post
                              Hi,

Dumdidu
                              Entertaining, community building, and educational!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                Entertaining, community building, and educational!
                                and a great excuess to sit around and do nothing but watch the telly
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X