Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just jumped in here. I had been doing my own little re-watch anyway, but my favourite is still stargate Atlantis. I wish that could have kept going, at least for another 5 seasons. I know with all of them that there is a tendency to have similar themes for episodes, especially those horrible replicators. I really detest them. Even more than the wraith and Ori put together. I suppose its because they were so destructive. No dialogue for peace there. *blowing rasberries at the replicators*

Where there's a will there's an or.....

Creation Con - Vancouver 2007
    sigpic
    Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
    HUB - Perth Western Australia 2010
    Oz Comic Con 2012 - Melbourne, 2015 - Sydney
    Oz Comic Con 2013 & 2014 - Perth
    Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

I'm almost through with my new DVD sets so I have the time for some sg1 ( and chuck ) again, gonna start my own personnel rewatch in April, too bad I didn't have the time when you guys started the gateworld rewatch, oh well, you can't have everything!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantia View Post
        I've just jumped in here. I had been doing my own little re-watch anyway, but my favourite is still stargate Atlantis. I wish that could have kept going, at least for another 5 seasons. I know with all of them that there is a tendency to have similar themes for episodes, especially those horrible replicators. I really detest them. Even more than the wraith and Ori put together. I suppose its because they were so destructive. No dialogue for peace there. *blowing rasberries at the replicators*

Will be weird to go into the Atlantis section of GW when I start rewatching that, I've rarely gone in there. A whole new world and people to get to know in there I guess!

I didn't care much for the Ori and only got to like Todd the Wraith in my fragmented viewing of SGA. I felt the Replicators as a villain held up pretty well despite being used to death as a storyline. It was really pushing it in 'The Ark of Truth', gosh you must have been climbing the walls with irritation with them by then LOL!

Comment

im waiting till you get to sga & sgu

looking forward to it
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'm still enjoying the rewatch, although I've just noticed that on my DVD boxset the order of the eps is a bit different to the aired one
            sigpic

Comment

Well, thats SG1 done with...

Whens the rest of the site due to start the SGA part of this, might have a bit of a rest as got loads on at the mo..

Comment

NNNNNNNNNNNNNooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

I just broke one of my discs in Atlantis season 5. Damm Damm and double Damm.

sigpic
                Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

I should finish season 8 tonight will wait to start season 9
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

NNNNNNNNNNNNNooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

I just broke one of my discs in Atlantis season 5. Damm Damm and double Damm.
                    I feel for you. My Fragile Balance disc has a scratch on it that means I can't watch half the episode and one of my season one Atlantis discs has the same problem.
                    The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
                      I feel for you. My Fragile Balance disc has a scratch on it that means I can't watch half the episode and one of my season one Atlantis discs has the same problem.
                      It just sucks! I was trying to down load the eps from Amazon but there seem to be an issue which prevents it from downloading. Anyone suggest anywhere else i can download it from? Legally, of course.

sigpic
                      Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                      Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

It just sucks! I was trying to down load the eps from Amazon but there seem to be an issue which prevents it from downloading. Anyone suggest anywhere else i can download it from? Legally, of course.
                        I get my shows from iTunes. Or you can stream on Netflix.

Comment

I stream Netflix over Apple TV or Roku, and the quality is just great. I wasn't sure streaming over my own wireless network would look OK, but its great quality and cheap.

I had to have the whole series, so I bought the DVD box set - as the total download times would have been extensive.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            I get my shows from iTunes. Or you can stream on Netflix.
                            *Slaps myself upside of the head* Of course. Thanks

sigpic
                            Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                            Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Well, that's season 8 done already! I can't believe how fast it's going.

Season 9, my least favourite season of SG-1. It was such a change from what came before. Never really embraced the new characters, although there were some good entertaining episodes.

It will always remind me of the big change in my life though, emigrating from the UK to Canada the year season 9 began airing! Will always remember starting to watch the first 3 episodes on Sky One in the UK then ended up watching them again in Vancouver as Canada was 3 weeks behind the UK with airing SG-1. It was also when I lost track of SGA after 3 episodes of season two, as it was only being aired on a premium movie channel in Canada.

I even made sure to find out which channel broadcast SG1-1 in Vancouver and made sure my husband who had gone ahead of me with my son had the channel on the cable package for when I got there, I wasn't going to miss my Stargate just because I moved to live in another country!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                                Well, that's season 8 done already! I can't believe how fast it's going.

Season 9, my least favourite season of SG-1. It was such a change from what came before. Never really embraced the new characters, although there were some good entertaining episodes.

It will always remind me of the big change in my life though, emigrating from the UK to Canada the year season 9 began airing! Will always remember starting to watch the first 3 episodes on Sky One in the UK then ended up watching them again in Vancouver as Canada was 3 weeks behind the UK with airing SG-1. It was also when I lost track of SGA after 3 episodes of season two, as it was only being aired on a premium movie channel in Canada.

I even made sure to find out which channel broadcast SG1-1 in Vancouver and made sure my husband who had gone ahead of me with my son had the channel on the cable package for when I got there, I wasn't going to miss my Stargate just because I moved to live in another country!!!!

It doesn't really matter where you live, you can always take your stargate with you. But my how i wish we had a transporter mat and i could zap myself to Vancouver whenever i liked.

sigpic
                                Gatecon - Vancouver 2010
                                Hawaii Con 2014 and 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X