Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

Default Re: Stargate Rewatch!

I just ordered the movie so I can watch it again looking forward to the re watch

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Chief Master Sergeant mparsons1981's Avatar

Yep, I have season 1 on the pc ready to go!
    Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
    Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

I am just finally getting around to posting how stoked I am about the rewatch. I'm actually in the middle of a self "imposed" SGA rewatch (don't tell but its what I do in my down time at work!). I was planning to start in on SG1 when I was done so this works out great because I'll have other ppl to chat with about the epis!! A rewatch is always better when shared
    Gets better with age!

Conventions:
    Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
    GateCon Vancouver 2011
    Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Probie

Ok, they announced this when I was pretty much at the end of SG-1, Re-watching all of the stargate franchise all the way through... I just did it in about 2 months. Though I think I will join in on the re-watch, though I might skip some episodes.

I'm in of course. Was planning to do it anyway. It's much better now that I won't be watching alone. And re-discuss these episodes. It's my opportunity to make up for the years of fun here before I joined. I can't wait to start.

Probie

HI im new here... Been a fan of stargate for a while now cant wait for the rewatch

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by KhaosNite13 View Post
    Boy it's been a long time since I've posted here!

After spending the last couple months in a state of disarray, watching mismatched seasons, I'm excited that you guys came up with this brilliant idea. So brilliant, I've convinced one of my friends to try and join in. Of course, due to some travel concerns, I'll make sure to figure out a way to get my DVD sets to him, and decide, if I'll watch first, or him.
    do u happen to live in eastern MA, USA? we just had a hurricane in some parts of the state
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Quote Originally Posted by StargateWatcher View Post
    do u happen to live in eastern MA, USA? we just had a hurricane in some parts of the state
    EGADS! When the heck did that happen? I live out on the islands of Maine and we didn't get anything ... we usually get everything that comes up the coast.

Probie

Looking forward to this down here in Australia.
    Got the first 2 series on DVD and will hopefully have SGU on DVD by that time as well.

All my DVDs are lined up and ready to go.

Airman

This is a great idea. I usually waste half an hour deciding which episode to watch. This makes the decision easy. Looking forward to getting started.

Mac's Swiss Army Knife KhaosNite13's Avatar

Southern Ontario, in Canada. No where near there, sorry.

Probie

I've been recruiting more watchers, this is going to be super fun. too bad syfy is not going to get in on this, it would boost the re-run ratings for sure. then maybe they could put the extra money into making SG movies, or boosting the advertising budgets for current shows, etc...

All my DVDs are lined up in a place of honor and I'll admit... I've jumped the gun a bit and have watched the original movie.. and I might have to start season 1 of SG1 too...

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

I live in mass. And the proper term is tornados. And or just servere storms

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

tornadoes are violent wind storms that spin down from super cell thunderstorms.
    water spouts are tornadoes that form over water
    hurricanes are severe storms that develop over the ocean. they have a sustained wind speed of 80+ miles per hour and a defined 'eye' (storm free middle of the storm)
    A typhoon is basically a hurricane that forms over the pacific ocean.

tornadoes and waterspouts last minutes, rarely hours.
    Hurricanes usually last for days or weeks. they develop over the warm water and gain strength. most damage is done when they 'make landfall', and it's wind and torrential rain and flooding/storm surge. Most ships anymore have navigation controls to avoid going into a hurricane, and the biggest issue water based storms create is inconvenience to shipping. Their main damage comes when they hit land fall.

with tornadoes and water spouts it's usually wind damage

tornadoes can also bring with them heavy rain and hail and lightening

NORMALLY, tornadoes are land based storms, hurricanes are ocean/coastal storms (we do occasionally get a hurricane that makes it to the middle of the country, but by the time it gets here it's just heavy rain and some wind)

most tornadoes spin out in the middle of a field and damage a few trees (the only ones that make the news are the ones that hit towns), most hurricanes spin out harmlessly in the middle of the ocean.

Is gate world going to post new threads in each of the episode sub-forums specifically for the re-watch? I think that would be cool. Looking forward to it. And since I joined the Franchise so late I would love to talk about every episode with other fans!

Probie

I am definitely going to try to keep up with the rewatch, oh yeah!

Me too! I'm looking forward to experience that rewatch with fans from all around the world!

And I can tell you, being quiet active on the french-speaking SG-Forum, that in France, Switzerland, Belgium, Canada and other countries, we are many to want to make that with you all !

STARGATE WILL NEVER DIE, because of us, fans,

I am so looking forward to this. I've actually been counting down the days. I've browsed this site many times. I finally decided to join in so I can discuss this with everyone. It's good to be among like minded people who recognize how great this franchise is and can appreciate it.