Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant WraithCommander's Avatar

Default Re: Stargate Rewatch!

This is a really cool idea

Wow I just noticed this on the homepage.

I'm so looking forward to rewatching! I haven't sat down and watched Stargate in AGES, been preoccupied with newer sci-fi shows . I have never made an effort to watch all 10 seasons in order...

I can't wait to participate and see the discussions between fans after each episode!

*hugs Darren* Fantastic idea!!

I might try my hand at making some art for this too, though I'm still quite inexperienced with it..

I might make some art for this too, if i knew how to link it to the right place. i'm really not good at this

This will be intresting for sure. I'll join should I find the time..

Quick question: Shouldn't the re-watch start with the original movie? Also, which version of COTG?

Quote Originally Posted by jsonitsac View Post
    Quick question: Shouldn't the re-watch start with the original movie? Also, which version of COTG?
    Check Darren's original post.....#1.
    Star Trek: The Original Series is and always shall be my favorite Star Trek television series

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue9 View Post
    Check Darren's original post.....#1.
    I kind of see the first point as more of a suggestion rather than a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    For those talented graphic designers among us, we'd like to kick off the Stargate Rewatch preparations with a design contest!

Create your best banners, buttons, avatars, and other graphics that participants can use to promote the Rewatch around the Web, and post them here. Of course they are all up for grabs, but if we can get a bunch of them submitted we'll pick some of our favorites to feature on the main site.

So fire up Photoshop and get designing!
    I can't wait to see what creativity unleashes!

The goal is to keep the Rewatch discretely to one season per month, and also to minimize confusion for the most casual participants. SG-1 has its own story, and Atlantis has its own story -- and although they were aired together, rarely do they actually intersect.

So, for example, since SG-1 Season Nine has an arc to it, it would be an interruption to break off from the Ori invasion to check in on what Sheppard's team is up to fighting the Wraith. Imagine watching the cliffhanger season finale "Camelot" and then popping over (for one episode, or for a full month!) to the Pegasus Galaxy to watch Sheppard and McKay try and stop Michael's hive ship in "No Man's Land." Interlacing episodes or seasons makes their respective stories dissonant.

So the plan is to watch SG-1's story, then Atlantis's story, then Destiny's story.
    I wondered about why we weren't going to alternate them. But when I think about it -- this makes total sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindif View Post
    I cannot begin to express how much i am looking forward to this! It'll be like returning to my childhood!

Even though i'd give anything for an SGU Season 3, the Stargate Rewatch has me equally excited!

On a side note; will there be any mention or affiliation with the guys over at 'The Fifth Race' podcast?
    The Two Geeks and a Mic podcast is talking about this too. Might be interesting to coordinate.

I am so excited about this rewatch! I've even gotten a couple of friends to join in -- we'll be glued to the TV every Friday night!

Quote Originally Posted by jsonitsac View Post
    I kind of see the first point as more of a suggestion rather than a question.
    just saying......if he wanted to start with the movie, he would've said so. IMO, he's sticking with the tv series and movies produced by Brad Wright.
    Star Trek: The Original Series is and always shall be my favorite Star Trek television series

The Unfashionable End of the Western Spiral Arm..!

I've ordered seasons 2-4 of SG-1 on DVD.
    As the videos I have for the seasons are gettin old and worn.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

I'm going to recommend the original movie as a "Pre-Watch" the last week of July. The focus is mainly on the TV franchise.

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

The Unfashionable End of the Western Spiral Arm..!

I'm going to recommend the original movie as a "Pre-Watch" the last week of July. The focus is mainly on the TV franchise.
    That is a great idea. I'm sure I've got the DVD somewhere...
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Talking Re: Stargate Rewatch!

Hi Darren!

I love this idea soooo much!! It accomplishes so many things: (1) Gives fans an organized opportunity to watch the shows we love all over again "together"; (2) Introduces new folks to this great series; and (3) Gives GateWorld a boost too! ;-) (I think I had other points in mind while I was reading through the thread, but now I've forgotten. Oh well.)

This idea reminds me of how I came to know about Stargate in the first place. When the show first made the move to the "Sci-Fi" channel, they did a similar thing of "Watch it from the beginning" to catch up to where the new episodes were at the time. We first watched because we saw RDA was in it, but kept watching because it was a great show! Then, somehow, I started looking around the 'net for more info on the show and discovered GateWorld, and the Forum, and met great people who became online friends, and then even had the privilege of meeting many of those friends in person! It probably sounds corny, but I've never experienced anything like that with ANY other show I've followed in the past, so Stargate will always be special to me in that way.

Well, this is far too long - sorry - I tend to be a sentimental sort and this whole idea of bringing the SG fanbase "together again" just brings out the mushiness in me. *blush* So, welcome to the new folks, and I look forward to hanging out in the Forum once again for hopefully fun discussions and sharing memories!

Thanks again, Darren & GW Crew - you're the best!!

Hey, do we include children of the gods? I'm going to include everything! It's going to be great!

Probie

I love this idea, I'll definitely rewatch this series with you guys. I wasn't around this website when the episodes were originally being aired, so this will be good for me and the newer members to be part of the the episode talks.

Probie

Hi all,

I'm Flak
    I have been a lurking for about a year or so. And like other people, it has spurred me to finally create an account.

I love stargate and believe it to be one of the best sci-fi concepts ever imagined. I love all three series and all of the movies. The gate is just so damned interesting and the lore behind it all is epic and fun! camraderie!

anyway, I just got a new girlfriend who is beautiful and into sci-fi. (she has only seen parts of season 1 and 2 of sg1) she is joining me on this and I am going to try to convince her to get an account.

blabbering done,

looking forward to chillin with all of you for this.
    shout out to the oregon sg fans!

-Flak

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

i'm looking forward to the twitter side of it