This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Rewatch!

Welcome to our official discussion thread for the Stargate Rewatch!

The big event kicks off on August 1, 2011 with Season One of Stargate SG-1. We're planning to watch all 354 episodes of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe, taking us through the end of 2012.

Read more about the Rewatch and how you can participate here.

We'll be bringing up the official discussion threads for episodes from years' past as we go. This thread is to talk about the Rewatch plan in general, and especially to plan details between now and August.

Got any ideas for your blog, or for other fans to do? Any ideas for GateWorld's week-to-week coverage? How can we spread the word and maximize the number of people participating? Let's start talking!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

I'm in. I'll be on vacation for most of the first two weeks of August, but I definitely want to be involved in this!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

When the rewatch begins, do we give opinions about the characters on an individual basis or do we give opinions about team performance episode by episode and then overall for each season?

Comment

I still think that you should include the original Stargate movie, The Ark of Truth, and Continuum, as well as overlap seasons 8-10 of SG-1 with seasons 1-3 of Atlantis. It would be much more thorough and show the story's continuity.

Comment

I'm definitely in. What a wonderful thing to look forward to!
          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Any plans for the movies or just the television shows? Probably should do about 3 episodes a week
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes its a great idea - can we skip Emancipation?
              Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
              Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Emancipation. Besides, it's nice to see Carter kick that guy's arse toward the end.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I'm in...
                  The question for me is which version of 'Children of the Gods' do I watch.
                  As I have several versions, including the 'Director's Cut'.
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

You watch them all.
                    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Hmmmm... maybe I need one of those portable DVD players to take on vacation with me... camping, in a medieval atmosphere, while watching SG-1... now there's a concept!

I'd probably be quite popular, drawing in other fans to watch it with me. Going to definitely need a solar battery charger, though...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Hello Everyone!

Just popping in to introduce myself. I used to lurk around the forum quite a bit before, but since I heard about the rewatch I decided to rejoin and participate!

The rewatch is a *brilliant* idea - I can't wait to start! It'll be a fine way to celebrate one of the best sci-fi franchises ever.
                        "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                        ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Great idea, something to look forward to. Reminiscing with fellow fans.

Will we have a poll to rate the episodes as was introduced for SGU's 'Cloverdale' onwards?

Comment

guess i need to quit my job and dedicate my life to this

count me in
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Professor_S View Post
                              Hello Everyone!

Just popping in to introduce myself. I used to lurk around the forum quite a bit before, but since I heard about the rewatch I decided to rejoin and participate!

The rewatch is a *brilliant* idea - I can't wait to start! It'll be a fine way to celebrate one of the best sci-fi franchises ever.
                              I'm right there with you...I don't get on here much (just joined last year), but this will definately help me get in here alot more...can't wait!
                              sigpic
                              Jack: Uhh, Daniel - for cryin' out loud!!, I said I would watch the Stanley Cup playoffs with you!
                              Is all this necessary??!?

Comment

Working...
                              X