In the Pale Moonlight Section 31?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Pale Moonlight Section 31?

I was just watching In the Pale Moonlight and thought it would have been great if Section 31 was somehow involved. What do you guys think?
    "You don't know half of it".
    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

That would completely undermine the entire point and impact of the episode.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Completely agree with Digi
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Honestly, terrible idea.

Sisko's actions are what drive the episode. Although he had the support of Starfleet, it was really one man's plan and one of the darkest things he's ever done.

As Sisko said, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions". Sisko didn't just pave the road to Hell, he recruited Satan himself to help out. That to me is what makes the episode so dramatically powerful. Sisko wants to do good, yet uses Garak to go the bad things he himself couldn't. I doubt Sisko really expected Garak to kill anyone, but at least expected him to do what's necessary. To have Section 31 carry out the plan would have removed a lot of character development for Sisko, as a Captain pushed too far by the war and tired of seeing others sitting by while the Federation and it's allys are destroyed by those who have sold out the Alpha Quadrant.

sigpic

Comment

It seems to cheapen the whole foundation of Sisko's shaky morality of the episode
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh no. Agree with brother SB on this one. 31 would have ruined the ep completely. This showed that Sisko could be worse than Sloan, who at least was honest with himself about what he was doing and why.
            sigpic

Comment

I love this episode, since this episode is right after the introduction of Section 31. Do makes peoples wonder Section 31 involvement in this matter!! Since we know very little about S31 at that point, may they have operative(s) at the Starfleet Medical to intetcept or suppress Dr. Bashir formal protest letter; Or may be they have asset inside Tal Shiar or Romulan Empire Senate to steer towards the Dominion are responsible for death of Senater Vreenak; Or S31 have someone inside the Starfleet Command gave approval of the plan. Anyway is anybody guess!!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X