Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Did You Read Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Sci-Fi/Fantasy Book Did You Read Today?

Well?
    We have plenty of threads about TV shows we've watched, so why not a book thread, too? Since books usually aren't read in a day, this can include fan fiction (as long as it's sci-fi/fantasy), short stories, and such...not just novels.
    I'll start it off. Today I read Somewhere a Band Is Playing, by Ray Bradbury, and enjoyed it thoroughly.
    sigpic
    Sig and avi by yamiinsane

none but i shall use this thread to collect info on books is should be reading.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Haven't read any today; I've been too busy perpetrating my own.

But I've got David Brin's Sundiver on my nightstand, waiting for me to get back to it at some point.
      Last edited by SF_and_Coffee; 10 May 2011, 07:54 PM. Reason: I really need to clean my sticky keyboard.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

haven't read a book lately but have 2 to get into.

wheel of time, book 12: the gathering storm. (brandon sanderson, continuing the work of robert jordan.)

traitor spy trilogy, book 2: the rogue. (trudi canavan, previous trilogy is Black Magician: the apprentice, the novice, the high lord. unrelated trilogy - Age of the Five: priestess of the white, last of the wilds, voice of the gods.)
        Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Today it was Leviathan '99, Ray Bradbury again. Kind of depressing, but a good, quick read.
          sigpic

Comment

I haven't read any today but last week I read

The Furies of Calderon and Academ's Fury by Jim Butcher. They were pretty good actually.

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

I've resumed reading Path of Daggers in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Maybe eventually I'll get through that series, but it's so VERY long.
              sigpic

Comment

Isn't there a thread like this in the General Sci-fi forum?
                sigpic

Comment

I've not had the opportunity to read it for a few days now, but I'm working my way through the collected "Cities in Flight", by James Blish.
                  My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                    Isn't there a thread like this in the General Sci-fi forum?
                    There is one sort of like this, but this one is a bit more general since I'm including fan fiction. Also, this is more specific to what people are reading right now.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post
                      I've resumed reading Path of Daggers in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Maybe eventually I'll get through that series, but it's so VERY long.
                      I couldn't get through the first of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.. Maybe it was just me at the time, I dunno.

sigpic
                      Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                        I couldn't get through the first of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.. Maybe it was just me at the time, I dunno.
                        It took me a while to get into it. For a while it was too much of a combination of Lord of the Rings and Dune. It gets addictive, though, and it won me over by the third-ish book.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm currently reading The Cleric Quintet by RA Salvatore, I'm on book II
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X