How many folks here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many folks here...

Jumped up and loaded the SGU Season 1 DVD/DVR and rewatched Air after this amazing finale?

I know I did.

I haven't, but that is such a good idea. Air and Gauntlet are like bookends, some great symmetry there.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

As per JM and Mark Savela's suggestion, I rewatched Air before Gauntlet.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to getting the Season 2 box set.
        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I went to sleep
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I listened to Sanctuary while browsing the Live Discussion thread and remembering the last two years of fun. It's all over now though.
            "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
            - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Nope. Watched L&O LA..

Comment

Nope. Watched DWTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                  Jumped up and loaded the SGU Season 1 DVD/DVR and rewatched Air after this amazing finale?

I know I did.
                  Good idea, but I think it's going to take some time before I can re-watch this show.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post

I know I did.
                    I'll buy the season 2 dvd and just pretend season 1 never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                      Why not just buy the season 2.5 set then? Look, I get that not everyone was enamored with the first season. But what would your collection be without the full series? Lacking, in my opinion.

If fans buy the entire series, the execs will see the upshot of sales and may give the franchise another shot. I'm a Browncoat. Trust me when I say the impossible can be done. We may never see a revival of the series, but a movie with a story arc resolution could be in the future somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                        I'll never understand people who didn't like season 1. I'm not saying you should love it, but the groundwork was laid in season 1 and I think it shouldn't be overlooked because **** didn't blow up every week or the gate wasn't used in every episode.
                        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
                          I'll never understand people who didn't like season 1. I'm not saying you should love it, but the groundwork was laid in season 1 and I think it shouldn't be overlooked because **** didn't blow up every week or the gate wasn't used in every episode.
                          ....People whined in every episode, they went back to earth using the stones to go to a bar, the had a what felt forced lesbian relationship (Although it sort of improved in Season 2). It was just an inconsistent mess and had bad pacing. Nothing to do with the stories they told. Just the way they wrote them. Although this happened in Atlantis as-well. They'd have stories that sounded go but were executed poorly

Comment

Originally posted by actuallyliam View Post
                            ....People whined in every episode, they went back to earth using the stones to go to a bar, the had a what felt forced lesbian relationship (Although it sort of improved in Season 2). It was just an inconsistent mess and had bad pacing. Nothing to do with the stories they told. Just the way they wrote them. Although this happened in Atlantis as-well. They'd have stories that sounded go but were executed poorly
                            I would debate the point that what they portrayed in season one is pretty darned close to what would have happened in a real life scenario (negating the fact that gating to a ship on the other side of the universe is impossible). Folks weren't just picking up their cell phone to call loved ones, they were literally returning to a place of normalcy from a very alien environment.

I'd go have a real drink too. I'd sorely miss my Cap'n & Coke.

Oh, and my wife and kids too.

Comment

I took Joe Mallozzi's advice and watched "Air" part one the night before "Gauntlet" aired, and I am really glad I did.

Comment

Working...
                              X