• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
    Back up guess:

-Eli realises he can't finish the repairs in time ssooo

-he loads himself into computer
    -Creates a fantasy/sci fi world/land.
    -Has epic WoW style adventures with Ginn for three years! (She said 'no' to Doctor Who )
    -INTERNET SPIN OFF SERIES!!!! *two thumbs up*

Eli being a Doctor Who fan would be something of a leap of faith. Fans of The Doctor are something of a rare breed here in the U.S. seeing as there's only one channel in the 500 or so available that actually air it and it's not even in HD in most places. If it hadn't been for the fact that I grew up in Michigan (a stone's throw away from Canada) I would have no clue who Tom Baker was, let alone who Doctor Who is. And it's pure luck and lack of certain types of Children's programming that I ever stumbled upon the reruns of The Tomorrow People on Nickelodeon when I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
      Eli being a Doctor Who fan would be something of a leap of faith. Fans of The Doctor are something of a rare breed here in the U.S. seeing as there's only one channel in the 500 or so available that actually air it and it's not even in HD in most places. If it hadn't been for the fact that I grew up in Michigan (a stone's throw away from Canada) I would have no clue who Tom Baker was, let alone who Doctor Who is. And it's pure luck and lack of certain types of Children's programming that I ever stumbled upon the reruns of The Tomorrow People on Nickelodeon when I was a kid.
      * sigh* ... stop ruining my fun!
      [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

I believe Eli survives somehow in some way.

Comment

Indeed, I dont think its chair related tho as he wouldnt want to effect the ships power consumption.

Comment

It would have been a fantastic opening episode of season 3 to see what he got up to on the ship all by himself. Hopefully it wouldn't have been some montage but actually maybe dedicated an episode just to him and trying to solve the problem.

Comment

Maybe released as kino mini episodes between now and when S3 starts, would fit with my other thread idea..

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...1#post12611308

Comment

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
                It would have been a fantastic opening episode of season 3 to see what he got up to on the ship all by himself. Hopefully it wouldn't have been some montage but actually maybe dedicated an episode just to him and trying to solve the problem.
                Yeah, like maybe him actually getting a real chance to go through all of the cargo containers that Rush wouldn't let him go through previously. I find it hard to believe that the Ancients wouldn't have placed a stockpile of batteries, food (likely stale or dust by now) and clothing on-board in preparation for their return.

Just when we're led to believe that they've searched the entire ship, they have an episode (what like 2 or three eps. back?) where Eli's still trying to forage through containers. I'd expect they'd hit a motherload somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                  I've not seen the last episode yet, but could Eli just not use the stones, get someone who has more experience with pods to stone in, fix it and then enter the pod?

At least that way with Earth/Destiny interaction the guys on Earth would know what was happening on Destiny..
                  This would then tie in nicely with my other idea..
                  And who would that be?? Whom else has more experience with pods?

Yeah, like maybe him actually getting a real chance to go through all of the cargo containers that Rush wouldn't let him go through previously. I find it hard to believe that the Ancients wouldn't have placed a stockpile of batteries, food (likely stale or dust by now) and clothing on-board in preparation for their return.
                  Even clothing would more than likely be dust now..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Even clothing would more than likely be dust now..
                    Like the fabric on the chairs on the bridge or the blankets and sheets on the bed in their quarters?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      And who would that be?? Whom else has more experience with pods?
                      take your pick, Mckay, Carter, Zelenka, pretty much any of the scientists from McKay/Zelenka's group on Atlantis....

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                        take your pick, Mckay, Carter, Zelenka, pretty much any of the scientists from McKay/Zelenka's group on Atlantis....
                        Different pods?

Also, Young signed off with Telford before they even knew there was a problem with the last, and I'd bet anything that there'd be no-one on stone duty because they'd expect to see them in three years, so Eli probably wouldn't be able to just stone somebody in.
                        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

HaMm3r,

Originally posted by HaMm3r View Post
                          Think about it...a month worth of food for 40 people would be 40 months of food for one. That's well over three years. As for the spoiling issue, it wouldn't spoil in the frozen vacuum of space, would it? (I'm only considering power-free solutions here, otherwise I'd mention waking Rush up to help with the repairs and putting the food into the stasis pod instead)
                          Is there a kitchen on board the shuttle or would Eli have to eat the flash frozen food uncooked?
                          All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            Different pods?

Also, Young signed off with Telford before they even knew there was a problem with the last, and I'd bet anything that there'd be no-one on stone duty because they'd expect to see them in three years, so Eli probably wouldn't be able to just stone somebody in.
                            Different pods yes but still the same base technology no?
                            They woudl still have more of an idea than Eli though, however I havent actually seen the last episode, just read whats been said on here and linked via twitter so I dont know the details but yes if they "sign off" then the stones would be out of the question.

That would leave Eli with the fix the pod, stay in the shuttle or leave Destiny entirely lines.

If he did leave Destiny he would have to go backwards down the gate network as the command ships are "at every gate between here and the edge of the galaxy"

Comment

[QUOTE=Shylodog;12613681]Like the fabric on the chairs on the bridge or the blankets and sheets on the bed in their quarters?[/QUOTE[

Point taken.

Comment

Working...
                              X