No announcement yet.

Eli isn't going to fix it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming by trying he does not dwindle the power reserves so baddly that the rest of the crew dies.

Comment

We'll find out in 3 years time when the series is relaunched I guess...

Well we can but hope..

I saw the rest of the crew come out of stasis and theres been some sort of incident on the ship, sections damaged, pods broken (covers cast members that cant come back for whatever reasons) and missing Eli..

Comment

Yea we can.. BUT i would love it if it comes back sooner..

Comment

yeah I'd love it too, but with Syfyless being crap and MGM having had a hard time the best we could hope for would be a short "this is how he fixed it" series and then pick up from gauntlet mid 2014

Comment

Although one bad thing... If they DO manage to bring it back, they will have to recall Every sold boxed set of season 2, to recast the cover, to remove the "Final season" moniker from them..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Although one bad thing... If they DO manage to bring it back, they will have to recall Every sold boxed set of season 2, to recast the cover, to remove the "Final season" moniker from them..
              That would be a problem; but look on the bright side, you have a collectors item and you can show your friends how SGU could not be kept down. Even though bringing SGU back is a pipe dream, it's still nice to have dreams.
              Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                That would be a problem; but look on the bright side, you have a collectors item and you can show your friends how SGU could not be kept down. Even though bringing SGU back is a pipe dream, it's still nice to have dreams.
                Personally, I'd like to think one of two things happens.

1) Eli fixes it but loses his frakking mind in the process
                2) Eli fixes it and goes into stasis and season 3 begins with Destiny dropping out for a dial-in from Earth with Telford knocking on the glass of Young's pod like "Wake up sleepy head!"

What would be particularly awesome is if they did something where it takes WAY more than 3 years, Destiny recharges, never wakes them up, and Earth dials in with some sort of way to retrofit Destiny with ZPMs that we can now create and the crew has the most badass ship on that side of the universe.

Ahh... a guy can dream

/side note: do any of you guys subscribe to MGM or Syfy on Facebook? Neither of them---especially MGM---can even post anything to this day without getting bombarded with requests for more SGU. It's absolutely amazing to me because it never actually seems to be the same people...

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                  Personally, I'd like to think one of two things happens.

1) Eli fixes it but loses his frakking mind in the process
                  2) Eli fixes it and goes into stasis and season 3 begins with Destiny dropping out for a dial-in from Earth with Telford knocking on the glass of Young's pod like "Wake up sleepy head!"

What would be particularly awesome is if they did something where it takes WAY more than 3 years, Destiny recharges, never wakes them up, and Earth dials in with some sort of way to retrofit Destiny with ZPMs that we can now create and the crew has the most badass ship on that side of the universe.

Ahh... a guy can dream

/side note: do any of you guys subscribe to MGM or Syfy on Facebook? Neither of them---especially MGM---can even post anything to this day without getting bombarded with requests for more SGU. It's absolutely amazing to me because it never actually seems to be the same people...
                  Interesting ideas, but I'd like to see them wake up in the future in a space where the stones no longer work. They would have to solve the problems without extra help, which I believe they can. Eventually they somehow could reconnect with Earth. If they fully understood Destiny and accomplished the mission, perhaps they would be the ones to help Earth, instead of Earth saving them. I believe in the potential of ordinary humans, just another dreamer here.

But I do like # 1, haha

Not surprised by the FB responses, the Nielson ratings never reflect accurately, esp. genre like Sci-fi. (don't get me started...)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                    Heck no.. i refuse to face book anything. I don't have a FB page, account, Myspace account, twitter account etc...

Not surprised by the FB responses, the Nielson ratings never reflect accurately, esp. genre like Sci-fi. (don't get me started...)
                    And that is what reallly irks me.. That they based it on the flawed neilson ratings, when we proved a while back, not only was it popular in the US, but in many other countries....

Comment

No it didn't. As much as I loved SGU it didn't perform well in any market
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        No it didn't. As much as I loved SGU it didn't perform well in any market
                        In any market that was recordable.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi,

I'm very late to this thread, but perhaps I can add something.

As I wrote in a related thread, I feel Eli fixing the pod, or using any of many other potential ways to stay alive onboard Destiny, if the show's writers so chose, would be the easy way out. It would be a wasted opportunity. Worst of all, it would certify the abandonment of the Novan Descendants at the mercy of the Drone armada.

But his remaining alternative isn't just dying without a fight.

Vastly more satisfying, for Eli's Hero Journey, as well as for general Stargate goodness, would be his leaving Destiny, via the Gate, to find his fate with the Novans, or with the Drones. His planetside adventuring would also open other new opportunities for exploration, problem-solving, general awesomeness, and perhaps even a whole new SGU Season, or an entire spin-off Series.

Comment

Working...
                          X