• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few parting words...

"This is the way the world ends,
    this is the way the world ends,
    this is the way the world ends,
    not this a bang but a whimper."

No, I'm not comparing the end of the Stargate franchise to the world ending, but what I do have to say this simply this...I've been watching Stargate since 1998, and I'm 23 years old, that's about half my life, and with as silly as I may sound this franchise has been a companion through my life...when my grandmother died Daniel had to let go of Sha're, when my family lost our house Janet Fraiser (a character who help inspire me to join the medical field) gave her life to save a young soon to be father, when my niece was born the Asgard passed on to the next life, and they returned when I finished my first level of Nursing school. I know how all this may sound and no I don't chronicle my life according to a TV show, but I am saying that as chaotic as my life has been there has always been this constant and I am very grateful to all who have been a part of making it, however tonight I feel as though an old friend has gone to sleep that they may never wake up from, so Goodnight Stargate and thank you.
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

This is one of the best pieces I have read yet.

Comment

I found this quote from the forth season of Doctor Who that I think perfect sums up how we all feel...if I may...

“When you run with the Doctor, it feels like it will never end. But however hard you try, you can’t run forever. Everybody knows that everybody dies, and nobody knows it like the Doctor. But I do think that all the skies of all the worlds might just turn dark if he ever, for one moment accepts it. Everybody knows that everybody dies. But not every day. Not today. Some days are special. Some days are so, so blessed. Some days, nobody dies at all. Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days, when the wind stands fair, and the Doctor comes to call… everybody lives.”
      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

I like it.. congrats on your med degree.

Comment

Working...
        X